Top Alliance Race

Lately I've been playing around with ShadowCraft and SimCraft and I'm not really able to come to a consensus on which Alliance race is the best for Rogues at the moment. While ShadowCraft says it's Night Elves, SimCraft seems to suggest Pandaren/Gnomes.

Yes, yes, I understand racials aren't a big deal to some people; I don't care. I'm curious which race currently does the most DPS for Combat/Sub.

Night elf or Human above all
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Siphix View Post
    Night elf or Human above all
    Do you have any info to support this? I don't see how Humans are going to be the top due to Versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Layke View Post
    Do you have any info to support this? I don't see how Humans are going to be the top due to Versatility.
    Humans PVP (double PVP trinket)

Night elves or Worgen for PVE. This is because they can give crit and or/haste
    Right...wrong...The universe doesn't care
    Driefal,Etrith(Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Siphix View Post
    Humans PVP (double PVP trinket)

Night elves or Worgen for PVE. This is because they can give crit and or/haste
    Sorry, I suppose the fault is on me, I just assumed talking about Sim/ShadowCraft implied I was going on about PvE. I understand Humans are top for PvP.

In terms of PvE though, I still don't know why SimCraft is telling me Pandaren followed closely by Worgen while ShadowCraft is telling me Night Elf followed closely by Gnome.

because SimCraft is stupid and you should never trust it? no but really, you should always take simcraft with a grain of salt.. it's generated for the OPTIMUM play 100%, which is neigh impossible for a human to do, because human error.. it's telling you pandaren because pandaren get double food stats(it's..only 50% now, if I remember correctly?) aka you get double-secondary stats from your food. mind..take everything with a grain of salt.. Night elves while their racial may seem good, it's horrible because if your raiding, your most likely raiding during EVENINGS aka you basicly get one of the stats, which is why I guess, it's suggesting night elf.

For The follow up races of Worgen and gnomes..well gnomes fairly simple. More Energy.
    Worgens? uh..

well to sum it up.

Gnomes.
    Expansive Mind: Maximum resource increased by 5%.
    Nimble Fingers: Haste increased by 1%.

Worgen.
    Viciousness: Increases critical strike chance by 1%.
    Darkflight: Activates your true form, increasing current movement speed by an additional 40% for 10 sec. (secondary sprint ontop of BoS)

Pandaren.
    Epicurean: Your love of food allows you to receive 100% more of the stats from Well Fed effects.
    Quaking Palm: Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 sec, and turns off your attack. (a ok 'stun' effect)
    Bouncy: You take half falling damage. (aka ..no dmg taken from falling!)

Nightelf.
    Quickness: Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 2%, and your movement speed by 2%.
    Touch of Elune: Increases your Haste by 1% during the night(if your raiding, this will most likely be the stat you will be getting, yes I know there is thoes who raids during the day, but majority of players raids during the evenings/nights) .Increases your Critical Strike by 1% during the day.

Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. (nice disapear for wipeup in addition to vanish)

Dwarves.
    Might of the Mountain: Critical strike bonus damage and healing increased by 2%.(thats it)
    Stoneform: Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 sec.

NightElf
    Shadowmeld macro'd with ambush - nufsaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    because SimCraft is stupid and you should never trust it? no but really, you should always take simcraft with a grain of salt.. it's generated for the OPTIMUM play 100%, which is neigh impossible for a human to do, because human error.. it's telling you pandaren because pandaren get double food stats(it's..only 50% now, if I remember correctly?) aka you get double-secondary stats from your food. mind..take everything with a grain of salt.. Night elves while their racial may seem good, it's horrible because if your raiding, your most likely raiding during EVENINGS aka you basicly get one of the stats, which is why I guess, it's suggesting night elf.

For The follow up races of Worgen and gnomes..well gnomes fairly simple. More Energy.
    Worgens? uh..

well to sum it up.

Gnomes.
    Expansive Mind: Maximum resource increased by 5%.
    Nimble Fingers: Haste increased by 1%.

Worgen.
    Viciousness: Increases critical strike chance by 1%.
    Darkflight: Activates your true form, increasing current movement speed by an additional 40% for 10 sec. (secondary sprint ontop of BoS)

Pandaren.
    Epicurean: Your love of food allows you to receive 100% more of the stats from Well Fed effects.
    Quaking Palm: Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 sec, and turns off your attack. (a ok 'stun' effect)
    Bouncy: You take half falling damage. (aka ..no dmg taken from falling!)

Nightelf.
    Quickness: Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 2%, and your movement speed by 2%.
    Touch of Elune: Increases your Haste by 1% during the night(if your raiding, this will most likely be the stat you will be getting, yes I know there is thoes who raids during the day, but majority of players raids during the evenings/nights) .Increases your Critical Strike by 1% during the day.

Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. (nice disapear for wipeup in addition to vanish)

Dwarves.
    Might of the Mountain: Critical strike bonus damage and healing increased by 2%.(thats it)
    Stoneform: Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and reduces all physical damage taken by 10% for 8 sec.
    I understand what racial every race has. I'm a seasoned raider and have been wanting to be something that's *not* Human for awhile now. I just can't decide due to conflicting sources of information.

Night Elf, for the most part, will give me 1% Haste. That's great for Combat. While Haste is bad for Sub, Night Elf offers Shadowmeld, giving me a free Ambush + Find Weakness.

Gnome offers 1% Haste and some extra energy, making it only ideal for Combat.

Worgen is 1% Crit, somewhat decent for Sub but bad for Combat.

Human is Versatility, "meh" for most specs.

Finally, Pandaren do double the food buff, so all in all it's not bad.

As I said, I'm curious which is the "better" race for raiding as a whole. I want to say it's Night Elf, but I'd like to know.

Human "trinket" also works in PvE and allows more actual trinket options in PvP / better ability to fight back if caught in PvE gear, also vers. is decent stat for all specs, would go with them if I had to transfer alliance for some weird reason. That said, pretty sure NE would be overall top DPS increase for Subt raiding.

To poster above me, haste is not the best stat for combat anymore, at least not its current meta, if you are looking for pure stat benefit I would say Pandaren for 125 Multistrike.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-02-25 at 12:21 AM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!