Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    "[MUSIC]" but then "Eurovision".

I don't get it.

Someone care to explain?
    Countries compete with songs on Eurovision. Songs = Music. You get it now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Countries compete with songs on Eurovision. Songs = Music. You get it now?
    I think that was just a lame jab at how eurovision songs are shit so they're not really music... It's why I chose to ignore his post...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I think that was just a lame jab at how eurovision songs are shit so they're not really music... It's why I chose to ignore his post...
    I kinda knew that aswell but just in case ;p

Deleted
    Tbh, being able to sing in english saved Finland, and they actually managed to win once... something that was always spoken of being impossible, a bit evil... but well (you are a great neighbour anyway, finland) :/
    Also the english speaking countries had an advantage. Look at Ireland that hold the winning record, however they have been struggling last years, except for with the twins, to be even close to win and will most likely continue to do so.

Frankly, about the lyrics thing, I'm not sure, outside of natively english speaking countries, that 20 % (and it's probably 10 % or even less) of all the european are fluent enough in english to understand the lyrics just by hearing. Nordic are very fluent in english, but that's far from the rest of european (and I guess those who ever visited southern european countries understand what I mean, and I won't talk about France (I'm ashamed ))

All I remember was being once again utterly embarrassed on the UK entry.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    Frankly, about the lyrics thing, I'm not sure, outside of natively english speaking countries, that 20 % (and it's probably 10 % or even less) of all the european are fluent enough in english to understand the lyrics just by hearing.
    I agree, but I don't see the argument here. Why would it be better if the songs would be in a language that 99% of the foreign listeners don't understand than in a language that 80% of the listeners don't understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    All I remember was being once again utterly embarrassed on the UK entry.
    Could be worse.... could be German..... 0 pts lmao
    And so deserving too.
    I wonder how the original song would have scored.
    Germany sent the #2 of the national results, since the winner refused to accept his win.
    There was some controversy how he allegedly insulted a bunch of women at a small concert, and that got him butt hurt enough to refuse the win.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    My favorite too playing on repeat today and liking it only more. Everyone I was watching it with liked it best too and we all voted many times. No surprise that my country gave 12pts to them
    Pretty sure we - Latvia - got your 12 pts.
    It couldnt have been different, so thanks again braliukas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibas View Post
    Pretty sure we - Latvia - got your 12 pts.
    It couldnt have been different, so thanks again braliukas.
    Aha then we gave estonia the 8 still awesome, great song this year neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I agree, but I don't see the argument here. Why would it be better if the songs would be in a language that 99% of the foreign listeners don't understand than in a language that 80% of the listeners don't understand?
    You're right, I should have said something about the fact that as 80 % of the listeners don't understand the lyrics, wouldn't it be a good sing to hear how the languages sound, and maybe, give a bigger place to more traditional songs instead of the " pop everywhere " that happens ?

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    You're right, I should have said something about the fact that as 80 % of the listeners don't understand the lyrics, wouldn't it be a good sing to hear how the languages sound, and maybe, give a bigger place to more traditional songs instead of the " pop everywhere " that happens ?
    Well, you assume that there would be more traditional songs. I assume there would be the default pop sauce sung in non-english.
    If people would think they had better chances with traditional songs they are free to do so now.

If you force them to sing in their native language you take away the freedom to choose.

If I remember well, it used to be so, that people had to sing in their native language, but I don't know why the rule changed ?

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who haven't seen it

Deleted
    We laughed so much at that russian "12 points go to Russia" when we saw it :P

7+ Year Old Account
    I am so proud of Germany and Austria. They get, what they deserve, lol. This is a very dangerous Combo ^^