Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Are we going to get a content drought mid expansion!

So I unsubbed, a week and a half before 6.1, and am glad I did, but I still read the forums and look for new content news, ofc, there isn't any. This has given me a question though, it took just about 5-6 months to get the ToT patch but we had 5.1s content to keep us in check, clearly 6.1 isn't content, so it does not count. Pre 6.1 I saw a lot of people saying considering BrF is still relatively new, and given the time it took for ToT to come out, 6.2 is probably still another 4-6 months away. Which means, not counting raids sense BrF just came out a little over a month ago. By the time 6.2 comes out, it will be 7-8 months starting from November with no new content. It will be 5-6 months sense the BrF update.

Lol, that is a content drought, and that is laughably unacceptable when you look at other mmos.

My suggestion besides get your shit together blizz?

You have the resources, use them!
    Add more dungeons
    Add a bg
    Maybe scenarios?

At least add something before 6.2 so we can at least deny the biggest mmo could not provide consistent content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will definitely be a content drought imo. They may surprise us but the direction this expansion has been going I highly doubt we will get anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    A content drought is what happened after SoO, for example. There was nothnig added or patched. You call it a content drought after what, a month or two? Damn, cry to high heavens, 6.2 is even in the progress and 6.1.2 is a small bundle of nothing big. And not all have done BRF finished compared to SoO, this is a dry dot in the lake.

Just to add other points, PvP is still in their season, Ashran is trying to be fixed.
    Pet Battle was increase with the patch of more pets.
    Blizzard stated no new dungeons yet

.............and still it is more than after SoO.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-03-21 at 04:17 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much in the same situation now, and unless something changes, I don't see myself resubbing.

I think that at this point, Blizzard needs (besides getting their **** together, obviously ) to add random-based stuff around the world (including the old world). Quests that spawn in the wild with no fixed place and with random objectives. You can already pop a quest giver in a random place, so I don't think the technical hurdle is that huge.
    Adding random spawns all over the world (again, with no fixed spawn points, or at least a path taking them through an entire zone). Obviously, rewards would have to be high enough to actually bother doing that, but it's doable. Not to mention adding random events in old world (maybe a start of a Burning legion invasion, or groups of Iron Horde that somehow get portalled to Azeroth). Randomized stuff like that goes a long way, because it's, well, randomized.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Wat?

We currently are in a content drought. It's called Warlords of Dreanor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same situation now, and unless something changes, I don't see myself resubbing.

I think that at this point, Blizzard needs (besides getting their **** together, obviously ) to add random-based stuff around the world (including the old world). Quests that spawn in the wild with no fixed place and with random objectives. You can already pop a quest giver in a random place, so I don't think the technical hurdle is that huge.
    Adding random spawns all over the world (again, with no fixed spawn points, or at least a path taking them through an entire zone). Obviously, rewards would have to be high enough to actually bother doing that, but it's doable. Not to mention adding random events in old world (maybe a start of a Burning legion invasion, or groups of Iron Horde that somehow get portalled to Azeroth). Randomized stuff like that goes a long way, because it's, well, randomized.
    Even if they did that, people would still scream that it isn't content. Wouldn't mind random quest hubs but apparently, quests aren't content to some either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Wat?

Then you haven't experienced a real content drought.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then you haven't experienced a real content drought.
    Oh I have, but even the SoO drought was more bearable than this. In MoP there was actually something to do outside of raiding.

Wat?

3.3.5 never forget
    4.3.4 never forget
    5.4.8 never forget
    6.0/6.1? all cool so far

Deleted
    Oh I have, but even the SoO drought was more bearable than this. In MoP there was actually something to do outside of raiding.
    Like what?

Daily quests? They pretty much removed all incentive to do those when they added a multitude of other sources to get coins.
    Dungeons? They were tediously easy and boring, only granted you valour points which you didn't really need for anything but item level upgrades, which was even faster to get a hold on via scenarios.
    Scenarios? Everyone complained about how those were the new lazy version of dungeons, to the point where Blizzard didn't even include them in WoD.

What exactly was it that MoP had that WoD doesn't, that was so interesting outside of raiding? Because I sure as hell can't think of a single thing. It was the same in Cata, it was the same in Wrath, it has always been a problem but for some reason people seem to forget that the past expansions weren't that much better and always blame the current one whilst praising the previous.

I'm sure people will start praising WoD the moment the next expansion launches...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it was? I don't really count that same and well, then it is more a content drought because you don't find the other things interesting? SoO had NOTHING... Zero... Nada after completing. BRF isn't even completed, PvP season is still active, Pet battling is possible as well as new pets. Questlines have been added various off. And if you are an achievement hunter, I am pretty sure you are missing many.

And MoP didn't have much to do after SoO's drought started. Hunt-Farm Warbringers/Scouts, Hunt-Farm Dino bones (people still do this even), Hunt-Farm for the right Garrison invasion, Hunt-Farm for the rare/mount you want, Hunt-Farm reputation -> All is done in WoD like in MoP (except for farming for invasion/follower/etc), and dailies, well someone complained about dailies in MoP and now they aren't as large scale as in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post

I'm sure people will start praising WoD the moment the next expansion launches...
    Quite common from expansion to expansion.

How many threads about this is this site going to let go?
    What is this the 100th one?
    Thier is stuff to do just people can't for some reason understand thier is a difference between nothing to do and what one WANTS to do.

Here are a few examples of stuff to do:
    Are you max rep with all factions- do you have thier mounts, pets and followers?
    Did you know those pets sell well even if you don't pet battle.
    Pet battling- have you caught all the new wild ones, did you get the ones from the garrisons like the cow or the carrot.
    Have you battled all tamers in the wild?
    Have you battles the two now in the garrison and gotten their pets?
    Have you gotten nat pagles pets yet that sell 20k or more?

Nat pagle have you unlocked this follower thru fishing?
    Did you then catch the lunkers needed to get he mount and pets from him?

Harrison jones dailies did you unlock this follower doing all these dailies?

Have you gotten to all the new traders in are garrisons and learned all the profression receipes they have?

Have you made these new upgrades taking ones gear up to 685 and weapons to 675?

If hunter have you done the quest to get the new spirit wolf gara?

Have you finished highmmaul or black rock foundry on mythic?

If not then you haven't done everything and I didn't even mention pvp.

If you don't want to do these things that is your choice but that doesn't mean thier is nothing to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    So I unsubbed, a week and a half before 6.1, and am glad I did, but I still read the forums and look for new content news, ofc, there isn't any. This has given me a question though, it took just about 5-6 months to get the ToT patch but we had 5.1s content to keep us in check, clearly 6.1 isn't content, so it does not count. Pre 6.1 I saw a lot of people saying considering BrF is still relatively new, and given the time it took for ToT to come out, 6.2 is probably still another 4-6 months away. Which means, not counting raids sense BrF just came out a little over a month ago. By the time 6.2 comes out, it will be 7-8 months starting from November with no new content. It will be 5-6 months sense the BrF update.

Lol, that is a content drought, and that is laughably unacceptable when you look at other mmos.

My suggestion besides get your shit together blizz?

You have the resources, use them!
    Add more dungeons
    Add a bg
    Maybe scenarios?

At least add something before 6.2 so we can at least deny the biggest mmo could not provide consistent content.
    I haven't cleared mythic BRF/HM yet, I don't understand this "drought" you're talking about.
    I haven't gotten ANY rep to exalted yet, I don't understand this "drought" you're talking about.
    I haven't gotten all mounts/pets/toys/heirlooms/quest achievements/etc from WoD, I don't understand this "drought" you're talking about.

And please, no dungeons or scenarios, I ran them once or twice, will do so again for Glory, that's it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Like what?
    Timeless Isle pets/rep/gear/ect, Pet Battle Tournament, Proving Grounds, Flexible Raid difficulty, Connected Realms all helped.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I recall people saying how Isle of QD was so much fun (in hindsight) but again: It is a big daily quest hub and dailies became the hip thing to hate.
    Part of that was because it was fun to work towards unlocking different areas, vendors and quests. Personally I didn't like IoT as much because of the dark, claustrophobic feeling of the place vs IoQ's open plains.

New 5 mans, I am all for that - but again in WotLK and DS they got criticised for dropping raid equivalent gear and the raiding crowd was all over it in arms to the tune of "Now casuals get what we worked so hard for"
    I don't remember anyone complaining about the Wrath bonus 5 mans. The Cata ones were mostly complained about because they were content that had got cut (Well of Eternity was supposed to be a raid, not a 5 man; Thrall wasn't supposed to find that Benedictus was evil, Varian was intended to)

Would you call TBC 5 mans "relevant content"? TBC to me was even worse in recycling existing assets than anything after. It was running the same places on normal ad nauseum for rep that allows you to unlock the heroic version and then later do that shit AGAIN on a timer. Or as part of your attunement chains.

Maybe you guys can help me out and tell me what you found so awesome in the older x-pacs that needs to be brought back and is considered content that keeps you happy and subbed?
    Ignoring attunment chains (I didn't mind a few of them, was nice to do long chain quests, not the ones that required raid kills though since raiding was much harder to organise) but the BC raids were challenging for most of the expac because gearing up was done for most of the population via the epics that would drop from the last boss in a heroic + badges. Making rep tied to the dungeons gave people a reason to keep running them when they were geared and badges likewise when they already had rep.

And I hate people who gave BC shit about "reusing art assets." I don't care that there was 3 dungeons that used a naga sewer theme/fel orcs theme/destroyed ruins/Naaru ship. Because the layouts and encounters were far from it. Despite using similar art assets, you can (with the exception of Serpentshrine Cavern) easily differentiate all of them.

I would easily welcome having 2 times the dungeons we have now even if they shared similar art assets.

A content drought is what happened after SoO, for example. There was nothnig added or patched. You call it a content drought after what, a month or two? Damn, cry to high heavens, 6.2 is even in the progress and 6.1.2 is a small bundle of nothing big. And not all have done BRF finished compared to SoO, this is a dry dot in the lake.

Just to add other points, PvP is still in their season, Ashran is trying to be fixed.
    Pet Battle was increase with the patch of more pets.
    Blizzard stated no new dungeons yet

.............and still it is more than after SoO.
    Someone should read the title a little better , I said are we going to get one, as of now, it's is for non raiders., when 6.2 comes out in 4-6 months, it will have been a content drought, adding little things during an expansion is not the same as adding little to nothing after the final patch of an expansion
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2015-03-21 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone should read the title a little better , I said are we going to get one, as of now, it's not, when 6.2 comes out in 4-6 months, it will have been a content drought, adding little things during an expansion is not the same as adding little to nothing after the final patch of an expansion
    I did read the title, and we are soon mid-expansion and there's not even closely to be a content drought. There's a drought of content you want, maybe. As my signature says, "Just because there isn't a cookie you like doesn't mean there is no cookies".

Like what?

Daily quests? They pretty much removed all incentive to do those when they added a multitude of other sources to get coins.
    Dungeons? They were tediously easy and boring, only granted you valour points which you didn't really need for anything but item level upgrades, which was even faster to get a hold on via scenarios.
    Scenarios? Everyone complained about how those were the new lazy version of dungeons, to the point where Blizzard didn't even include them in WoD.

What exactly was it that MoP had that WoD doesn't, that was so interesting outside of raiding? Because I sure as hell can't think of a single thing. It was the same in Cata, it was the same in Wrath, it has always been a problem but for some reason people seem to forget that the past expansions weren't that much better and always blame the current one whilst praising the previous.

I won't, I never once praised cata>MoP, I never once said WoD would be bad. Until it came out that is. The fact is
    WoD added almost nothing new to the game.

MoP added, pets, brawlers guild, 3 new bgs, scenarios, ans so on.

I dont want this to derail into a haterVS.WhiteKNIGHT thread, I am right though, we are in a content drought

Mini-draught: $45 for 3 months.

Big draught: $90 for 6 months.

King size draught: $210 for 14 months + $60 for new expansion which dries up in 2 months as well.

The latter is what they did with WoD.

I did read the title, and we are soon mid-expansion and there's not even closely to be a content drought. There's a drought of content you want, maybe. As my signature says, "Just because there isn't a cookie you like doesn't mean there is no cookies".
    NO, the fact is WoD has content, but not a lot of it outside raiding, compare it to other expansions and it seems pitiful, it is unacceptable to get this after waiting 15 months.

New dungeons would quickly get boring.
    WoD definatly needs a new BG.
    we need more world content, i don't care if its a goddamn daily hub, personally i want to see something like isle of quel danas again, effort based pooled world changing effects.
    And no, 6.0/6.1 is turning out to be just as bad as 3.3.5, 4.3.4 and 5.4.8
    Just like during those, right now your only thing to do is log in, clear your raids, log out, wait a week, repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO, the fact is WoD has content, but not a lot of it outside raiding, compare it to other expansions and it seems pitiful, it is unacceptable to get this after waiting 15 months.
    Still not a drought compared to SoO, at all. There's still things to do outside of raiding if you are interested in those things, which it sounds like you aren't. You aren't forced to PvE, you can also PvP, achievement hunt, farm your head off or become a collector - As you could in MoP, except WoD's content is still in the progress while MoP's content drought had nothing on the table.