Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Majority of Republican Primary voters want Christianity to be state religion

Public Policy Polling released a new poll showing 57% of Republican primary voters want Christianity to be the state religion, 91% of tea parties don't accept global warming, and 49% don't accept evolution.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...onal_22415.pdf

For the minority republicans in these groups, how do you feel about the ever growing majority of republicans wanting to establish a state religion and denying scientific evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

They love the constitution, especially the establishment clause, don't question them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Christian and a Republican, screw those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Public Policy Polling released a new poll showing 57% of Republican primary voters want Christianity to be the state religion, 91% of tea parties don't accept global warming, and 49% don't accept evolution.

For the minority republicans in these groups, how do you feel about the ever growing majority of republicans wanting to establish a state religion and denying scientific evidence?

when will people learn there is just as many loony toons in power on both sides *aka like 80-90% of them* then there is to good ones no one cares about.

like you brought up good examples of some reps. , but i could come up with just as many crazy dems. *i literally meet a dem. who was into the whole green movement as if the trees and the ground was are god and we need to stop raping her. (of course she was a feminist to so 2 points for wacko there)

don't forget what our first president said, "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

this is why i hate both sides, * i do admit i like some people who label them self as a republican in name but they do not follow the party or really are a independant*

problem is they are nobodies as they do not follow the giants in the system.

*seriously do we really want another Bush or Clinton? oh my god if we got obama's wife running i think we should just nuke our selfs!
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-02-25 at 07:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    when will people learn there is just as many loony toons in power on both sides *aka like 80-90% of them* then there is to good ones no one cares about.

don't forget what our first president said, "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

this is why i hate both sides, * i do admit i like some people who label them self as a republican but they do not follow the party or really are a independant*
    There are not 57% of democrats wanting a godless communistic state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    They'll probably learn that if/when it actually becomes a fact.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

A state religion sounds like a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post

There can be no law respecting an establishment of religion; what they want and what they can constitutionally do are two different things. Aka shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up faster. Global warming, now called "climate change" is not what the true argument is. Whether or not mankind has a hand in "climate change" is the question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post
    There can be no law respecting an establishment of religion; what they want and what they can constitutionally do are two different things. Aka shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up faster. Global warming, now called "climate change" is not what the true argument is. Whether or not mankind has a hand in "climate change" is the question.
    Republicans control 20 something states, hold governorship in 30 something states, and control both houses in the federal level. They want to "fundamentally change" the constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither opposed or in favor, I don't agree with these right wing nutjobs, but hey at least they have honest convictions about the issue.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Neither opposed or in favor, I don't agree with these right wing nutjobs, but hey at least they have honest convictions about the issue.
    So does Charles Manson.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

This isn't exactly news, the tea party has made it clear their ideal form of government is the christian version of Iran.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this thread staying alive long before it either goes down religious bashing or political bashing that get it locked.

But given that the GOP relies heavy on the evangelical vote I'm not sure why this would really be a surprise to anyone honestly.

But they could want it all they want -- it won't happen, and every year that ticks by people are less and less religious as a whole, so any chance they had of making this happen is long gone.

We're up to something like 18% that are not religious.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

316 voters speaks for an entire party. Yup, sounds legit!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two ways to protect the practice of Christianity. Either make it a state religion, or make the government secular.

Clearly the first option is not acceptable. Therefore the best option is a secular government
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    316 voters speaks for an entire party. Yup, sounds legit!
    That's more or less how a representative republic works. Don't like the results, vote in the Republican party primary.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please for once have a thread that doesn't get derailed by an argument about statistics and polling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A state religion sounds like a bad idea.
    I'ma double down on this. I think it's a bad idea, and I think the Constitution pretty much forbids it. Granted, the exact scope of "separation of Church and State" is an ongoing debate and will continue, but it sounds pretty counterproductive to have any form of such in a government with a state religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look more misleading garbage from the left, the question the 316 people were asked is "would you support or oppose Christianity being the national religion" with the only answers being yes, no, or unsure that's vastly different then asking if the want it to be the national religion.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR