15+ Year Old Account

Question Need Graphic Card Help

I'm trying to find a cheap upgrade for my computer and for my boyfriend's computer that will run a couple games we play. I'm not sure of what is an upgrade and what's not but I'll post below what my dxdiag says I have. Also I'm not what is the actual graphics card and what is my processor because I think I was once told I have an intergrated system or something like that. The recommended settings for one of the games we want to play is:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    Intel Core2 Duo E6750 2.66GThe recommended settings for one of the games we want to play is:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
    Intel Core2 Duo E6750 2.66G

We're on a budget so anything you can find on the cheap is all the better.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/25/2015, 19:59:07
    Machine name: BOOTYS
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150113-1808)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model: CM1740
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/07/12 15:00:36 Ver: 04.06.04
    Processor: AMD E2-3200 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 7658MB RAM
    Page File: 2545MB used, 12767MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6370D
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 6370D (0x9642)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Display Memory: 4068 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 495 MB
    Shared Memory: 3572 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: DELL 1702FP
    Monitor Id: DEL3007
    ****************************************************************************************** *******************

His info is AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

((don't have any more of his other than the screenshot of his dxdiag first page & he's running a 32 bit system while I'm running a 64 bit system))

I know you dont wanna hear it but you really need a whole new system upgrade, a GPU wont do much for you. The CPU in your machine is so slow some tablets made today are faster.

AMD Radeon HD 6370D and 2,4 Ghz CPU? It really looks like you should build another system from scratch.
    I take it you don't even know what parts you have in your current system since you posted the System information rather than posting the parts.

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend building a new PC. If you want to do that, provide budget (per PC) and what game you wish to play, and at what settings you'd like to run it at.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know we need a whole new system but that's not within the budget atm but getting a graphics card which can transfer over to a new PC if needed is within the budget. That's why I came on here looking for help finding one since I can't tell what graphics card is an upgrade or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I know we need a whole new system but that's not within the budget atm but getting a graphics card which can transfer over to a new PC if needed is within the budget. That's why I came on here looking for help finding one since I can't tell what graphics card is an upgrade or not.
    Ok just know some games you wont see much increase in performance with just a GPU upgrade.

This is a solid entry level card, i dont suggest spending less than this on a GPU as the price/performance ratio gets poor:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFZ547Q/?tag=pcpapi-20

15+ Year Old Account
    His info is AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

((don't have any more of his other than the screenshot of his dxdiag first page & he's running a 32 bit system while I'm running a 64 bit system))
    What about for him?

15+ Year Old Account
    You really aren't going to see any performance increase with just a budget gpu upgrade.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

What about for him?
    We cannot recommend a GPU when we don't really know his system. What PSU does he have?
    Also, it seems to be old systems. Plugging in a brand new GPU when the system might have a PSU that is ready to give up is risky. And you won't see much improvement from a single GPU upgrade anyway.

Put aside some money each month until you can afford a new build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, gonna agree with Knslyr. It just isn't worth it. You're throwing money away that you won't be utilizing in a new build anyway, just a quick bandaid fix. I really can't recommend that.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE