DK Macro Help: Raise Dead

Ive run into an issue a few times in pve encounters where I forget to raise my ghoul (raise dead spell) after a wipe, (its a nuance im not used to being new to the spec), however I'm looking for help with some sort of macro that can either be integrated into my rotation, or some other action that I do a lot that will summon the ghoul if its not out. If a macro isnt the answer, if anyone knows of an addon that checks for your ghoul not being out, that would be helpful also.

Thanks for any help!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [nopet]Raise Dead;Scourge Strike
    The problem with this is that if your pet dies or despawns and is still on cooldown, you won't be able to Scourge Strike. So I don't recommend it.

What I do recommend is setting up a Weakaura to pop a giant reminder on your screen when you're in Unholy spec, Raise Dead isn't on cooldown, and you don't have a pet. This is very easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [nopet]Raise Dead;Scourge Strike
    The problem with this is that if your pet dies or despawns and is still on cooldown, you won't be able to Scourge Strike. So I don't recommend it.

What I do recommend is setting up a Weakaura to pop a giant reminder on your screen when you're in Unholy spec, Raise Dead isn't on cooldown, and you don't have a pet. This is very easy to do.
    Put Macro 1 on your actionbar1 and Macro 2 on the same hotkey on actionbar2.

Macro 1:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Death Coil
    /startattack
    /cast Death Coil
    /swapactionbar 1 2
    Macro 2:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Death Coil
    /startattack
    /cast [nopet] Raise Dead
    /cast [combat] !Dark Transformation
    /swapactionbar 1 2

# if your pet is dead, it will use Raise Dead
    # if you can use Dark Transformation, it will use Dark Transformation
    # ELSE it will use Death Coil / autoattack

Each swapactionbar in your macro chain allows the use of one additional spell with a globalcooldown. If you really want to spend all your resources with 1 Hotkey (all runes, all cooldowns, all runic power) - you can.
    Last edited by Ange; 2015-03-01 at 11:26 AM.
    -

I do this with "Weak Aura"-Addon.

If i have no pet out then it reminds me with a nice animated text :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Each swapactionbar in your macro chain allows the use of one additional spell with a globalcooldown. If you really want to spend all your resources with 1 Hotkey (all runes, all cooldowns, all runic power) - you can.
    Wait what? o.O I really think it wont be able to burn all runes on 1gcd, also it wont be able to run until all commands are done, so what it is? just a spambutton?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Wait what? o.O I really think it wont be able to burn all runes on 1gcd, also it wont be able to run until all commands are done, so what it is? just a spambutton?
    Yes just a spambutton like the old castrandom macros.
    You can do the same with /click ActionBarbutton... or with Macro's calling other Macro's.
    You can't skip GCD's but is is possible to use more than 1 gcd spell on the same Hotkey, thats all.

WoD perks replaced most of my /swapbar macros and the only ones I still use are the ones I posted for unholy/ghul and one for plague leech /w howling blast (AoE spam).
    -