Page 1 of 2
LastLast

debating coming back to WoW

What classes are good in pvp atm? which ones are weak? Is there anything noteworthy that has changed since november?

Deleted
    Watch streams, read patch notes, do your own research instead of asking kids to give biased reviews of Wod so-far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLedge View Post
    Watch streams, read patch notes, do your own research instead of asking kids to give biased reviews of Wod so-far.
    ^^

Why did you quit in the first place, and we can tell you if its worth coming back. PvE is excellent at the moment and the world is pretty with tons to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good ones are:

Arms Warriors, BM Hunters, Resto Druids,

The viable ones are:

Combat Rogues, any mindless DK spec, Survival Hunters, Retribution + Holy Paladins, Mist Monk, Affliction Warlock, Feral Druid, Resto Shaman, Frost Mage, Prot/Fury Warriors.

The somewhat bad but "playable" ones are:

Anything I didn't list

The trash ones are:

Elemental Shaman, Holy Priests, Non Blood DK/Prot Warrior/ tank specs, Arcane and Fire Mages, Demonology/Destruction Warlocks,

It depends on what you want to do. But as a 10+ year pvper I say this is the worst it has ever gotten in general. I can't really explain why without upsetting many "newer gen" players... mainly healers. Bg's are pretty much the same. Ashran is just disgustingly terrible. Arenas... I hope you never cared for 2v2 because it's just in the most pathetic state ever.

edit: oh sorry I didn't see you wrote "since november". nvm.
    Last edited by Theylor; 2015-02-26 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The good ones are:

The viable ones are:

Combat Rogues, any mindless DK spec, Survival Hunters, Retribution + Holy Paladins, Mist Monk, Affliction Warlock, Feral Druid, Resto Shaman, Frost Mage, Prot/Fury Warriors.

Anything I didn't list

The trash ones are:

Elemental Shaman, Holy Priests, Non Blood DK/Prot Warrior/ tank specs, Arcane and Fire Mages, Demonology/Destruction Warlocks,
    you have no idea about demo locks, they are dominating the EU ladders, rank in EU 3121 is a demo lock
    watch this clip the rank 1 team agains the rank 2 team in EU, http://www.twitch.tv/wallirik/v/3818616

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about EU, I don't live in Europe.

If you aren't playing Affliction, you aren't playing a Warlock.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That should read SV hunter, not BM. Its Survival that has the melee world's panties in a bunch atm.

I find that if you've quit the game before. You will most likely quit again for the same reasons. Case and point, I'm about to non-renew my subscription because of real life stuffz. Its amazing how little time you have for yourself after you have kids. Enjoy the you time while it lasts!

I don't care about EU, I don't live in Europe.

If you aren't playing Affliction, you aren't playing a Warlock.
    A good way to show people how intelligent you are. Kappa

Infracted
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-02-27 at 08:44 AM.

I feel like every class in the game has a fair chance of being successful in 3v3 arena atm. Playing fotm isn't aways the best, you'll stay more motivated with a class you enjoy over what seems the best.

The high rated ladder (3v3) has the most diversity it has ever had.

Some stuff I really enjoy right now:
    Healers now have damage!
    Every class in the game has at least one comp they can get to high ratings with.
    More Streamers = more ways to learn to get better

The stuff I don't like
    Ferals got pve buffed and now do too much damage.
    The game is more fast-paced which makes it more fun! but gimping sometimes occurs now.
    Finding teammates is still difficult

Deleted
    I would say its pretty decent right now. People always have nostalgia for the early days but there definitely have been times where the game was WAY more imbalanced. I would say the amount of specs that can be played to high ratings in 3's is higher than it ever was, it depends a lot on comps though and depending on how many in-game friends you have to team up with you might want to choose a class that just has many options for possible comps and is easy to understand for the people you play with, just some examples:

- Shadow Priest is VERY strong in godcomp but all other comps with them are decent at best, so while the spec is not bad its not advisable to play it if you are not friends with some Mages and Resto Druids.

- Demon Warlock is also VERY strong if played correctly but requires a lot of coordination with team mates and most random people don't even know how to play with them so you won't get invited through LFG tool as Demo

- Specs that are viable in many comps and will have an easy time finding players and succeed are currently:

1. Resto Druid
    2. Arms Warrior
    3. Combat Rogue
    4. Hunter
    5. Affliction Warlock
    6. Frost Mage

Just play one of those and you will be fine. If you do care about 2v2 you should chose one out of the first 4 though. Outside of that those 6 specs are currently good in all ways of PvP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The trash ones are:[/B]

Elemental Shaman
    What the hell, man? That's just mean! We're always shit in PvP! (except End of Cata with Dragonwrath + Cunning HC).
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    The good ones are:

The viable ones are:

Anything I didn't list

The trash ones are:

what a terrible list

To OP:

Every class has viable specs right now, depends what you do for pvp. Windwalker is terrible still, you don't really see glad warriors past 1500 and hunters still take two brain cells to play and are still dominating. But in general the pvp right now is pretty bad. Resto druids are incredibly overpowered as healers and several dps classes are doing absurd damage while others are doing none. Some specs have godlike survivability and others have none. That's always been the case to a degree but it's worse now than usual. If all you do is pvp I probably wouldn't bother right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    What the hell, man? That's just mean! We're always shit in PvP! (except End of Cata with Dragonwrath + Cunning HC).
    You forgot season 8 >.<

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    You forgot season 8 >.<
    Season 8 was during Firelands patch, right? Same thing, just remove Cunning HC. Dragonwrath was seriously OP for any caster in arena and RBG, not just shamans.

Season 8 was during Firelands patch, right? Same thing, just remove Cunning HC. Dragonwrath was seriously OP for any caster in arena and RBG, not just shamans.
    Season 8 was the last season of WotLK. Also, elemental shaman were viable during most of MoP playing LSD.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Season 8 was the last season of WotLK. Also, elemental shaman were viable during most of MoP playing LSD.
    Seriously?

Then I am way off with all those season numbers. I didn't play so much ele shaman last half of WotLK, so can't comment there. That they were viable in MoP, doesn't mean they were great, you just had to know you played with your fingers and not your ass and had viable team mates, else you wouldn't get far.

Also, question was what was good Viable is a different story, viable means you'll get shitted less hard by OP/good classes.

I actually like pvp right now. Unless youre playing a ww monk who stands still, youre not going to get blown up in 2 secs out of no where. 2s is a little off because healer dps teams have it easier than double dps teams but double dps teams are faster so you get points easier. Also dampening makes 1 healer 1 dps team fighting another 1 healer 1 dps team not completely miserable. Also, except for god comp (shadow priest, frost mage, resto druid) cc feels about right. They could defnitely reduce it but its not as bad as it was in MoP. Id recommend playing one of the good classes though. Youll have a better time, and you can learn the general feel of pvp right now. After that you can level up a "bad" class and actually have a chance as opposed to just jumping right into it now.

Deleted
    Actually it always depends. The number 1 3v3 comp on EU (I think it could even be #1 worldwide, not sure though) is currently Demo Lock, Elemental Shaman, Resto Druid, with Ele and Demo both listed in the "trash" category

It is just that many players currently identify "viable" with "easy to succeed with".

Deleted
    Gräsklipparn is playing a very high rated Ele, but just because there are a few of them on the ladders doesn't mean that they are in a good place. Eleshamans were great in 5v5 during S3-4 btw.