Blackhand - P2 fall damage death

Does it happen to anyone else? Almost every single time someone died from fall damage when entering P2. And it's not like the old P3 bug where hunters and locks died, happened with druid, priest, shaman, mage

I think my raid group noticed it happening to people when they had a movement boost up when the floor fell.

Had it happen to a DK, shaman, and wait for it...panda rogue.

Happened to my guilds rogue when he popped vanish, and to our mage when they popped invis, so i think its safe to say that some spells are bugged and will take the no fall damage part off of you

I died one time popping sprint halfway down. But I usually do that... But I rewatched my video and it's the only thing I did.
    Last edited by Zhea; 2015-03-03 at 07:03 AM.
    100 Subtlety Rogue - Barthilas
    100 Disc Priest - Barthilas

It's a known problem. Happened to me today on the one time that I did NOT shadowstep the boss in the first quarter-second of falling. Weird.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

One theory could be that water walking was involved?

Shamans with the ghost wolf water walking glyph, rogue with sprint winter walking?

The dk one is a bit far fetched but they do have a water walking mechanic too..

In my guild this happened to the shaman and I always hear about it happening to rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamham View Post

Shamans with the ghost wolf water walking glyph, rogue with sprint winter walking?

In my guild this happened to the shaman and I always hear about it happening to rogues.
    I'm a shaman with the glyph and it happened to me once last night and hasn't happened before. I don't think it would be a random thing if it truely was the glyph.

I may have hit astral shift before the floor crashed out so maybe it was that? I'll have to go back through logs and see whats up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for everyone to roll Panda!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

AoE Levitate go!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamham View Post

Yes, I may potentially have been sprinting at the time of the fall and I do use that glyph. Have seen it happen to paladins though, do they have a similar mechanic?
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Shadow priest and moonkin died in my group couple of times. Got disconnected once when I hit the floor and couldn't log in for the rest of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Time for everyone to roll Panda!
    Its a high enough fall that a panda rogue with safe fall glyph will still die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Its a high enough fall that a panda rogue with safe fall glyph will still die from it.
    Like I already said, the rogue panda in my guild died from it.

So did the panda monk tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Like I already said, the rogue panda in my guild died from it.

So did the panda monk tank.
    I am not a panda, so this cannot be a factor. Safe fall mechanic may be a factor, water walk may be a factor. Do paladins have either?
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I am not a panda, so this cannot be a factor. Safe fall mechanic may be a factor, water walk may be a factor. Do paladins have either?
    Prot no, holy and ret have a slow fall if glyphed with Avenging Wrath. That's about it.

I'm going with sprint/speed boosts being the issue honestly, its the only one that makes some sense, since almost every class has one.

...and the only death we haven't heard from yet is a warrior off the top of my head at least, which as far as I know their only speed boost is while glyphed and enraged.

Don't use anything that gives a speed boost around then, including the priest speed boost.

Well, i allways used Stampending while falling so everyone can run into position faster... looks like i killed them

I died once when the boss went to phase 2 when i was on the very edge of the room in phase 1.

Fairly sure this got hotfixed today. Didn't happen once in 50ish Blackhand wipes but happened regularly every other day.