Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Is there anything actually wrong with being a virgin by choice?

What practical disadvantages are there if someone remains a virgin by choice other than the societal stigma attached to it? Why exactly do people care if a certain individual happens to be a virgin? It just seems like a waste of energy to hate on something so arbitrary. You might as well hate the sky for being blue.

Deleted
    There's no real benefit with it, you're missing out.

Deleted
    So what you're saying is that you're a virgin OP?

Point and laugh boys.

Point and laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    We mostly just feel bad for virgins. It's like meeting someone who hasn't eaten pizza or ridden a roller coaster. You don't need it for survival or anything, but damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    They never have to look at their hand/whatever they're using and think "It's not nearly as good as the real thing"

That seems paradoxical. If it's by choice then that implies it was done on purpose. Purposefully refusing to get laid means that you would rather be a virgin than not be a virgin. I guess you could call it asexuality. How would they be missing out on anything?

No practical disadvantage, just missing out on some experiences.
    The social stigma isn't so much what I would call a practical disadvantage, but a fabrication of petty individuals who delight in appearing to be superior to someone else to cover up the fact that they are in reality nobodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    That seems paradoxical. If it's by choice then that implies it was done on purpose. Purposefully refusing to get laid means that you would rather be a virgin than not be a virgin.
    So, if someone is eating a cake and says it's really good and you should try it, you just don't try it because you'd rather not eat it, rather than try it out, to see if it's good?

Doesn't make any sense to me.

It's one of those things that seem like such a big deal until you do it, and people use that to make others feel bad

Humans have to find something to use to quantify their point in life against others. Virginity is seen as one of those steps from childhood to adulthood. So people feel that something that doesn't impact them in the slightest (if someone is a virgin or not) is hugely important. Really it's just people getting wrapped up in social bullshit that in modern society doesn't really mean anything.

By modern society I mean we're not all living on farms and need 10 children by the age of 25 to work as free labor.

There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing right about it, either.

So, if someone is eating a cake and says it's really good and you should try it, you just don't try it because you'd rather not eat it, rather than try it out, to see if it's good?

Doesn't make any sense to me.
    What if someone asks you to eat a stew made from cockroaches? They might think its awesome but you yourself would be too repulsed by it to even try it.

But seriously, what's wrong with not trying something you don't want? If it comforts you to not try it, then isn't that a benefit in itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing right about it, either.
    Wouldn't it feel right for asexuals?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    What if someone asks you to eat a stew made from cockroaches? They might think its awesome but you yourself would be too repulsed by it to even try it.

But seriously, what's wrong with not trying something you don't want? If it comforts you to not try it, then isn't that a benefit in itself?
    Being repulsed by something isn't the same as not wanting to try it because reasons. Is there something repulsive about sex?

It's fine to not want to have sex but to say that someone is wrong when they say you're missing out, without having tried it at least once, that's just weird, to me at least.

Historically virginity was a criteria for some marriages and even then mostly only a girls virginity was considered.

The male head of a family solicited the females suitors and their virginity was prized and often required.

Such to the point where cultures developed some bizarre pre-marriage inspection rituals.

Victorian dowries even had virgin and non-virgin rates.

Today the only drawback is missing out on the experience and any social stigmas are childish and easily avoided by keeping your sex business to yourself, where it belongs.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're a virgin OP?

Point and laugh boys.

Point and laugh.
    You don't point and laugh at a unicorn. Op is a rarity if you scare it away so help me God mana. I don't really care if someone is a virgin or not personally but I think by keeping it.... You're missing out.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-02-27 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Does something repulse you about sex? What negative feelings are you having?
    Not really. It's a hypothetical discussion.

No risk of STDs or producing a devil spawn, so there is that.

No, you aren't missing out on much anyway or a least not as much as these people would lead you to believe.

Being repulsed by something isn't the same as not wanting to try it because reasons. Is there something repulsive about sex?

It's fine to not want to have sex but to say that someone is wrong when they say you're missing out, without having tried it at least once, that's just weird, to me at least.
    Couldn't sex be repulsive to asexuals in the same way that having sex with a guy could be repulsive to someone who is strictly heterosexual?

Deleted
    Well if you've tried it and then found it not to your liking i can understand but practiase absenice without swing for one or the other team seems abit off.
    But hey it's a divers world and we can only nod while thinking "more for us then "