Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I aim for 8 hours... sometimes I get more. On weekends I don't have any set time to get up, but usually don't sleep more than 9 hrs.

At 52, I thought this was a bit much, but my doctor said its totally normal. If I get less than 7 I'm a grouchy bitch (more than usual anyway) the next day.

My bare minimum is 6 hours. 6 hours, and I'm usually good. If I get much less than that, no amount of coffee is going to save me. It will not be a good day for me or anyone who has to be near me.

8 hours is ideal, and I'll be feeling really good if I can manage that, but it's rare.

I usually go to bed around 1:00-2:00am, fall asleep around 3:00am, and get up at around 8:30-9:00am. So I typically get my minimum 6 hours if all goes well.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-02-27 at 04:21 PM.

6 hours Monday-Thursday, Friday-Sunday vary depending on how long I stay up or what I am doing in the weekend.

7+ Year Old Account
    I sleep 5hrs/night during the week, crash after work on Friday and and sleep like 12 hours, then stay up til Sunday night and sleep for about 10hrs before the gauntlet begins again Monday.

Deleted
    Around 4-5 hours. I get up 04:50 and I rarely sleep before 0:00

College days usually 4-6 hours. When I'm off it's anywhere from 8-12 hours, usually 10.
    So yeah, weekends is as much as I can really.

Average of 4 to 5 years. Sometimes I sleep 1 hour, other times I sleep thirteen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yet you don't want to tell us what those health risks are.....when you make a claim the task is on you to provide the evidence otherwise your just being lazy and no one who isn't already inclined will trust what you have to say.
    It's pretty well known that lack of sufficient sleep is the cause of many health issues.

Research it yourself if you have concerns.

Oh wait, you're probably cranky due to lack of sleep. Here you go:

http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/...s/consequences
    http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders...lts-sleep-loss

And tons more https://www.google.com/#q=health+iss...+lack+of+sleep

Average around 6-7 hours at night.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Every morning I wake up and tell myself that the next night I will get a solid ten hours. Then I always end up getting distracted and find myself getting six.
    Usually I get 5.5-7 hours though that leaves me feeling chronically sleep deprived. This morning, on a vacation day, I just woke up after sleeping about 10 hours.

I feel pretty good now.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

7+ Year Old Account
    My schedule is pretty much stay up 40 hours, then sleep for 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    7-8. Any more or less and I end up feeling like crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    From monday to friday: 7 and half hours i'd say. On the weekend between 9 to 11

on a worknight, probably like 5-6. On a non-work night I can really put in like 9-12 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 hours if I feel ambitious, but it's usually closer to 7-8. I could force myself to get up sooner, but I could also easily sleep another 3 hours. I also nap about twice a day if that counts.

I never feel rested after a night's sleep, and naps usually makes it worse, but I can't stay awake for an entire day unless I REALLY push myself.
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-02-27 at 04:28 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

8-9 hours. I seem to not be able to sleep for more than 10 hours.

During the week about 5 hours on my bed and about 1 and a half daily on the bus I take to work.

During weekends 8-10 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that, in average, I sleep 9 hours per day.

I usually go to bed anywhere from 11:30 PM to 12:30 AM and my alarm goes off at 6:45 AM (out of bed anywhere 5 to 15 minutes after that) ...though my tiredness comes more from a boring job and not enough exercise, because I don't feel tired when I am doing interesting things even if I haven't gotten enough sleep.

I aim for 8 hours and usually get 7 because I never feel like going to bed :P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.