Keep getting the same item from HM cache.

I've got 7 times in a raw Bottle of Infesting Spores trinket in a couple of variations(tertiary,Warforged,socket) regardless of Tank/DPS role.
    Is it a bug or extremely bad RNG?

Unlucky RNG, perhaps. Bad RNG, no. 'Random' could include the same number repeated any number of times in a row. If you were guaranteed to get a different random item each time, it wouldn't be RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackkernaut View Post
    I've got 7 times in a raw Bottle of Infesting Spores trinket in a couple of variations(tertiary,Warforged,socket) regardless of Tank/DPS role.
    Is it a bug or extremely bad RNG?
    Tectus ring thrice, Kargath ring twice; it's just shit RNG sadly
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    There was a post about this some time ago (in a pet battles miss miss miss thread)...it said the RNG code itself is possibly to blame:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4912?page=2#28

Makes perfect sense, after all it happens with so many things in-game. And while it was probably done originally to save on CPU cycles (10-year old game after all), you can also argue that it just happens to serve the purpose of ensuring that it takes longer to get anything done.

(if you think about it, how often does the same useless item drop off the same boss every week in your farm raid? How often do you get the same item off personal loot or bonus rolls? My theory is the game keeps track of what you've won off personals/rolls etc. and guarantees this sort of behaviour to keep you farming longer)

edit: found the source thread
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2015-03-17 at 02:11 AM.

Make sure you select the slot you are most interested in by equipping a piece that is much lower than the rest of your gear.
    Can confirm you always get the highest upgrade when its something like a Blue.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Random is Random.
    If it weren't for the possibility of bonuses like sockets/warforged/tertiary stats then some bad luck protection against the same item would have been very reasonable.
    Because of the possibility of the same item being rolled better should there be protection against that possibly happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Make sure you select the slot you are most interested in by equipping a piece that is much lower than the rest of your gear.
    And other people have said they didn't have that result.
    There was a thread about that, and very mixed "results".

You see what you want to see.
    YOU personally seeing that result consistently is not proof.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-03-17 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    NOT TRUE....

I went through ~10 caches before I got a trinket, which could replace my only blue item..

I often get items, which are normal, where I already have the same item equipped in a Warforged version..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/