Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    where i live, it is illegal to shoot an animal unless it is damaging your property, like attacking pets and such. i think this guy should be fined, if they weren't destroying anything or being aggressive.

we had an aggressive dog in our yard attempting to kill a pet. we learned our lesson when the police and animal control came, did nothing(even when the dog charged the police officer...), and it was back in the same place the next day. so, we'll be shooting it if it happens again.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2015-02-27 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    Still, instead of posting about it on Facebook, he could have not been a douche, brought their remains to their owners, apologize that such an action had to be taken.
    I would agree that posting on Facebook was a really bad idea. Though I would content they had no reason to apologize to the neighbor, especially considering the damage the dogs caused and the multiple warnings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    where i live, it is illegal to shoot an animal unless it is damaging your property, like attacking pets and such. i think this guy should be fined, if they were destroying anything or being aggressive.

we had an aggressive dog in our yard attempting to kill a pet. we learned our lesson when the police and animal control came, did nothing(even when the dog charged the police officer...), and it was back in the same place the next day. so, we'll be shooting it if it happens again.
    They were damaging his property.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    then i am 100% behind him. good man.

Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    I don't think most normal people actively kill things that annoy them.
    Most people smack flies and wasps if they're close. That's actively killing things for being annoying.

I don't know if it changes your opinion (OP didn't include it), but the dogs were attacking his livestock. The full article has been linked a page or two back.
    If that is true then kudos to him. The owners should keep control of their pets. However taking pictures and boasting you killed them was wrong but it shouldn't cost the guy his job.
    Last edited by Acelius; 2015-02-27 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    So you'd punish an animal abuser worse than someone who hurt other humans.
    i personally would, i could care less about random peoples that i dont know in the world, thats just me though,
    Last edited by mmoc39f78ccd49; 2015-02-27 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    No, if it were up to me to make the laws a lot of things would earn somebody the death penalty.

Sexual abuse, child abuse, animal abuse, murder, theft, etc.
    Except for animal abuse, move to the middle east.
    They seem have everything you like.

Good thing, that death penalty is almost abolished in the first world countries.
    But you could still open up some kind of middle age state, have fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    It's just a dog, we kill other things which bother us all the time, don't see why they should get a pass just because they're dogs.
    Hate hate trolling hate sarcasm hate trolling trolling trolling hate sarcasm stupid stupid trolling. Those are your posts on this online video game forum. I bet youre super fun at parties irl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Were the dogs aggressive and(or) a threat to any humans or livestock on the property? If they were, then I agree with his actions. If they weren't, I do not agree with him.
    They both look like labs...a black and a yellow. Some of the mellowest sweetest dogs you ever want to meet. I seriously doubt if they threatened anyone or anything. The guy is a straight out douche and I really hope he gets some jail time for this.

Many dogs have a high prey drive, so it's not that far fetched to think they did start to attack the livestock. If it was big animals that they were going after - like horses - a bite to the leg could be very damaging, and often times very bad attacks lead to the horse having to be put down (lame horse).

If you own a farm, majority of the time all the animals on it serve a purpose, so a dog attacking one of them is a threat, not only to the animals well being, but also the farms.
    Fully aware of that, but its unlikely that labs suddenly doing it. Don't get me wrong it could have happened but judging by the way this guy went about it and this "family friend" saying it attacked the animals on site I doubt it actually happened. Thats what I am saying. Of course if its legit then he had a full reason to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree that posting on Facebook was a really bad idea. Though I would content they had no reason to apologize to the neighbor, especially considering the damage the dogs caused and the multiple warnings.

- - - Updated - - -

How were they doing that? Pulling out chain saws and cutting down his trees? How the hell do dogs damage property?

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I find it ridiculous killing a dog that isn't hurting anything just because it's on your yard and then posting images of it.
    You need to link your source because that is really bad story - either that or you selectively edited it to support your idea that killing the dogs was a bad thing. I read about this incident yesterday and it actually has details of the encounter. Something important like the dogs were chasing and injuring his livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    They both look like labs...a black and a yellow. Some of the mellowest sweetest dogs you ever want to meet. I seriously doubt if they threatened anyone or anything. The guy is a straight out douche and I really hope he gets some jail time for this.
    he found the dogs inside his barn a couple of days earlier, while they were attacking his calf, and recognized them as belonging to his neighbor. “So he went over to his neighbor’s and told him that his dogs was getting in his barn and attacking his animals, to please ya know keep ‘em at home, put ‘em on a leash, build a fence, do something,”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Fully aware of that, but its unlikely that labs suddenly doing it. Don't get me wrong it could have happened but judging by the way this guy went about it and this "family friend" saying it attacked the animals on site I doubt it actually happened. Thats what I am saying. Of course if its legit then he had a full reason to do so.
    found the dogs inside his barn a couple of days earlier, while they were attacking his calf, and recognized them as belonging to his neighbor. “So he went over to his neighbor’s and told him that his dogs was getting in his barn and attacking his animals, to please ya know keep ‘em at home, put ‘em on a leash, build a fence, do something,”

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    How were they doing that? Pulling out chain saws and cutting down his trees? How the hell do dogs damage property?
    To his livestock. -> http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/02/25/f...parks-outrage/

Would have done the same.

found the dogs inside his barn a couple of days earlier, while they were attacking his calf, and recognized them as belonging to his neighbor. “So he went over to his neighbor’s and told him that his dogs was getting in his barn and attacking his animals, to please ya know keep ‘em at home, put ‘em on a leash, build a fence, do something,”

~ Daryl Davis

pets are property.

and before you say how nice labs are, we had one and it killed two of my favorite chickens... the pet rooster i taught to hop up on my arm. different dogs are different.

If you own a dog you should be 100% responsible for it, if you let it roam free, you are not a responsible person, they should be able to take your dog away and give you a fine to repeat offenders. Dogs damage peoples property and some will attack you because you are not part of their pack.

Deleted
    if they constantly damaged stuff on his property I can relate, of course it's kinda stupid to take pictures and boast on facebook about it

he found the dogs inside his barn a couple of days earlier, while they were attacking his calf, and recognized them as belonging to his neighbor. “So he went over to his neighbor’s and told him that his dogs was getting in his barn and attacking his animals, to please ya know keep ‘em at home, put ‘em on a leash, build a fence, do something,”

- - - Updated - - -

Ah that makes more sense. Still posting that shit up online always a bit callous. That aside the owner of the dogs should have taken more care. I know I would ensure my dogs dont get loose etc. Dog ownership 101!

10+ Year Old Account
    This changes things a bit, still don't like that he killed them but the owners of the dogs are the ones at fault
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Any breed is capable of doing this. Just because AKC.com says labs are well-behaved, doesn't mean everyone's is. Besides, the breed is irrelevant. What matters is how the dogs were trained or the lack of training they received, as well as if they were properly socialized.
    I swear people think when I say unlikely means "never will happen". The blame for this goes onto the owners. The guy shooting them is still a dick for posting that stuff but the owner should not let his dogs out on the loose with 0 control. Someone clarified earlier that the owner was warned that those dogs did attack his live stock previously and to do something about it. Found them again and obviously took action.

This can be put down to bad owner(s).