Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Meh about SELFIE Camera but furious I can't start the ach

I honestly don't get Blizzard, gating a toy that's also linked to a title/"content" achievement behind RNG with a mission popping up. I've yet to get a single Dance Manual or HS Pro Guide on my main yet, and I'm willing to bet I won't get a SELFIE Camera until 6.2 is out. So fucking dumb, I swear. I don't even care about taking SELFIEs, but I love doing achievements and simply doing this one seems lengthy and fun in some weird way, but NOPE! Not even allowed to start because the game didn't let me yet.

Anyone else frustrated for being in the BadRNGClub?

Edit: Finally got my first Dance Manual, but I have no real use for it now. Woulda loved it with all those useless profession guys you got while leveling.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-03-01 at 05:42 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It`s 2 days since patch .... and you are allready complaining ?

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    It's 3 months since WoD dropped and I've yet to get the trait books I listed. Willing to bet the Camera will be the same.

Regardless, 6.1 is a CONTENTLESS patch, and the TINY bits of content they did give us (new recipes, SELFIE camera, etc), we're not even allowed to do til the game says we can. That's what I'm more pissed about, but also my bad RNG because it seems like everyone and their mother got the cameras already.

PS: 3 days.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    You should be new at wow (or blizzard games), RNG is a feature for blizzard so the "content" will last more.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I honestly don't get Blizzard, gating a toy that's also linked to a title/"content" achievement behind RNG with a mission popping up. I've yet to get a single Dance Manual or HS Pro Guide on my main yet, and I'm willing to bet I won't get a SELFIE Camera until 6.2 is out. So fucking dumb, I swear. I don't even care about taking SELFIEs, but I love doing achievements and simply doing this one seems lengthy and fun in some weird way, but NOPE! Not even allowed to start because the game didn't let me yet.

Anyone else frustrated for being in the BadRNGClub?
    I'd take that bet. PM me for Paypal information.

OT: It's been 3 days and you're raging about RNG. Did you just start playing in WoD? RNG is present in almost every part of the game and has been since its release in 2004.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Had it on 2/6 characters so far. It seems pretty common.

Deleted
    2 Days for a patch that added pretty much nothing but some "thrown together in 5 minute" stuff that is pretty underwhelming but build to take as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I'd take that bet. PM me for Paypal information.

OT: It's been 3 days and you're raging about RNG. Did you just start playing in WoD? RNG is present in almost every part of the game and has been since its release in 2004.
    Ill take the bet also. Also I highly doubt someone who joined the site in 2009 just started playing the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxty View Post
    Ill take the bet also. Also I highly doubt someone who joined the site in 2009 just started playing the game though.
    Probably not. It was a hyperbolic point, which only makes his rant sillier.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Hmmm, Tuesday..Wednesday..Thursday..Friday.

Yup, that looks like 2 days to me..

10+ Year Old Account
    you are on MMO-C are you really surprised?

I spam my missions and I've gotten SELFIE Cameras on every toon in WoD content.

Though I have had Muradin Bronzebeard in my garrison everyday...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It's 3 months since WoD dropped and I've yet to get the trait books I listed. Willing to bet the Camera will be the same.

Regardless, 6.1 is a CONTENTLESS patch, and the TINY bits of content they did give us (new recipes, SELFIE camera, etc), we're not even allowed to do til the game says we can. That's what I'm more pissed about, but also my bad RNG because it seems like everyone and their mother got the cameras already.

PS: 3 days.
    sounds like your account has been flagged for bad luck, which is possible.

whom did you piss off?

i get all those special items CONSTANTLY, in all 9 garrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I spam my missions and I've gotten SELFIE Cameras on every toon in WoD content.

Though I have had Muradin Bronzebeard in my garrison everyday...
    My mission logs are empty on 3 toons with 25 followers and I spam them on the couple 90's I have and I havent seen 1 mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had/got 3 cameras from 8 characters doing daily missions. It can't be that rare, but running less characters you may get unlucky and take a few days.

Haven't got it yet either :< I hope we'll get it some time soon OP. If it really takes too long (like how, on an alt, I've had multiple missions for rerolling follower abilities, hearthstone pro, dance guide, etc., and on my main, I haven't had a single one of those missions. Not a one. In over two months of running missions) I'm right there with you on the complaining.

I know RNG is part of the game (duh), but you can't take one of the main selling points of a patch and then make it dependent on luck. It's like rolling a dice to be able to raid, and if you roll 20 of less you won't be able to enter the instance that week. Probably everyone will get the camera at some point, but if it will take a month or more for some chars to get this mission that's not fair imo. They could have just made it a quest or made it a vendor item.

For now we can only wait and spam missions... We'll see what happens.

Lots of achievements have RNG elements. You will get it eventually though. I complained a lot about the RNG in getting my salty title but I still got it eventually.

have faith, brother, bless the almighty jesus and you shall be king

You will get it soon, don't worry.

Have faith man

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Lots of achievements have RNG elements. You will get it eventually though. I complained a lot about the RNG in getting my salty title but I still got it eventually.
    There's a bit of a difference between "grinding RNG" and "waiting RNG". Fishing is purely RNG grind: You can keep doing it and you might eventually get it. This I'm okay with because it gives you a goal in mind.

Waiting RNG though is just that: You fucking wait and can't do a thing about it in-between, and that's what really annoys me. If doing every one of my missions would get me more missions, then it wouldn't be such a big deal, but it doesn't. I literally have to wait until it gives me the camera. Best part is that it's not even a Rare-flagged mission.