Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Are we there yet? Is herb up finally?

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Are we there yet? Is herb up finally?
    Nope, Leather

Ore -> Dust -> Fur -> Leather (Today) -> Herb (3/3/15)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Nope, Leather

Ore -> Dust -> Fur -> Leather (Today) -> Herb (3/3/15)
    haha lol, that Blizzard troll gg ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post
    Was just about to say the same thing... they have to be trolling, or have no common sense whatsoever

Deleted
    i mean, its just a game bla bla, yeah i understand this point of view, i am fine.

but i dont understand Blizzard points if View:

-> Trader are random, after 3 days same trader came 2 times, crying/whining/shitstorm happened whatever you call it
    -> At this Point Blizzard got the feeling/opinion: the feedback regarding traders somewhat destroys our excitment about 6.1 (hides the good things, whatever you call it) So they change this to satisfy their Customer(Real Money/Business related), they will change it so that this will go away and the people will talk about the good and funy things in 6.1
    -> and here is the point where i absolutly dont understand how they managed to screw it up again, it would be so easy for them to just put the herb trader at least before fur and leathr, but somehow they couldnt predict/dont wanted to predict whatever, that when they put the herb trader at the end of the rotation that it will cause shitstorm. I mean what does they would loose if the herb trader would be before fur an leather.

this point is absolutly not understandable from my side (for us/me it is just a game) for Blizzard it is Money/Business, and at least they should conider stuff that is currently hot in the community when making "small" decissions in game(coding wise) with big impact on the Company.

edit: typos

edit 2: ok you could say they think the herb trader will have the biggest impact on wow economy, so bringing it last would may) smooth this out when bringeing others before. Well this point is not really valid, because the herb trader sould have com on on of the first 3 days when it was rnd.
    Last edited by mmocd1b2191b1a; 2015-03-02 at 12:08 PM.

This is just stupid. Hopefully the trader rotation doesn't reset on Tuesday like most other things do.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    -> and here is the point where i absolutly dont understand how they managed to screw it up again, it would be so easy for them to just put the herb trader at least before fur and leathr, but somehow they couldnt predict/dont wanted to predict whatever, that when they put the herb trader at the end of the rotation that it will cause shitstorm. I mean what does they would loose if the herb trader would be before fur an leather.
    Why is this such a big deal? As far as I can see they just randomly selected the order and herbs came last. In the grand scheme of things, what exactly does it really change?

Yes, for someone who logs on every day, and uses friends to get access to the vendor even when you don't have it in your garrison, it can potentially make a difference. But for most players this makes no real difference.

If people are fixating on, and getting upset about shit like this, it's no wonder there is the general feeling of discontent in the game. All this tells me is that some people are just impossible to please and it is futile trying to please people who are impossible to please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Why is this such a big deal? As far as I can see they just randomly selected the order and herbs came last. In the grand scheme of things, what exactly does it really change?

Yes, for someone who logs on every day, and uses friends to get access to the vendor even when you don't have it in your garrison, it can potentially make a difference. But for most players this makes no real difference.

If people are fixating on, and getting upset about shit like this, it's no wonder there is the general feeling of discontent in the game. All this tells me is that some people are just impossible to please and it is futile trying to please people who are impossible to please.
    All without trinkets who would have made alchemy ones, and all with staffs/offhands and scribe trinkets just went through whole raid week without those upgrades, while everyone else had them, and why? Because blizz has 0 common sense whatsoever, fur 3 times and leather 2 times before herb once. Like it was so hard to make a different order in code, so it was their choice to troll people.

If you really cant see what is so wrong about this, then well... I see a big problem when there is something so simple as this and they still intentionally, or due to complete lack of sense about their game and players, make something so stupid as this. Its like they want people to complain, it was 5s fix to make it all perfect, yet they failed/didnt want/care to do it. What does that tell you about them? People have every right to complain about it, it was easy and they could have done it in 5-10s and please everyone! No one complained that ore was before herb, but this is just... example of how they work and it doesnt make them look good and trustworthy... if they continue totally not caring/being bad like this... its all going downhill

When you couple it with horrible state of professions, content outside garrisons, wasted huge garrison potential, horrible design of many specs, longest wait and no content till exp, most expensive, shortest exp and total lack of understanding of so many things in game (resto druid set bonus and other similar things they were warned about since beta that they claimed wasnt true only to later admit and make fixes...), worst lore ever in any somewhat big game... you really dont understand where is this general feeling of discontent coming from?

The hell, youve been living under the rock?
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2015-03-02 at 01:22 PM.

lol yep, I love it! Another Sunday to Monday morning cycle of cheap herbs/catalysts on my perplexing alliance alt realm...can't wait until tmw.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    If you really cant see what is so wrong about this, then well... I see a big problem when there is something so simple as this and they still intentionally, or due to complete lack of sense about their game and players, make something so stupid as this.

<snip>

The hell, youve been living under the rock?
    While I hear and understand your argument, the magnitude of the problem you are described is super-over-mega-ultra-hyperbolised.

And once again, it is a rant like this that puts into perspective why some people are so very unhappy with the state of WoW: It's not because the game is terrible. It's people who are absolutely critical of every little issue, and cannot contextualise these issues into the bigger picture and recognise that, honestly, it's not a big deal.

Yes, you're right in that if they had made it so that herbs and dust came before leather and fur, it would have made more sense and been fairer. They didn't. Probably because it didn't occur to them until it was too late. But you act as though this was a spiteful action made intentionally to piss people like you off. You act as though this issue is game-breaking. But in the big picture it's a small thing that will make almost no difference, and it really won't hurt anyone to just shrug it off and move on.

You tell me I've been living under a rock, but I'm going to put this out there: WoW has always been about the long game. It's about slow and steady progression, week by week. You're essentially complaining about having to wait 2 extra days for an upgrade in a game where random luck can mean not getting a huge raid-drop upgrade for months.

Get a grip man.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2015-03-02 at 02:14 PM. Reason: highlighted the use of hyperbole in the quote

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

well and thats my point, its not a big deal at all(gaming and coding wise), and Blizzards decides to make a big deal of it (unprofessional decission in terms of Business)

Players can behave and fixate at any levels on any things they like or dislike (as long as they stay in gov rules/blizzard ToS in this case)

to simplify: there are these groups/subgroups of people

a) People who dont play WoW/Dont Know WoW at all
    b) People which Plays WoW (or at least heavy connected to this Game)

in b) you have two subgroups b1) who do not care about trader b2) who care about trader

so for a) and b1) they could leave the traders rnd or whatever rotation they like, it has no impact
    for b2) the traders are important, so Blizzard were reading feedback and changed the RND Traders to fixed traders to satisfy b2) (well because they like happy Customers==Money)

and what happened? they managed to somehow screw it up again, making b2) unhappy(or not really happy).

So Blizzards point of view/interest is: to make the most people happy (profit driven), it would be so easy to acomplish this task at least related to this single topic, but Blizzard failed.

PS: and some people thinks, it some kind of troll from Blizzard, because they are in a spot were they can make decission in the game which are not absolutly profit driven/customer driven, this could be one of them.

edit typos
    Last edited by mmocd1b2191b1a; 2015-03-02 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    In b4 it resets tuesday and the herbs vendor spawns at friday D:
    oh my god lol that would be the worst, been waiting to server transfer so I can use my alt to upgrade my trinket and I am sick of waiting for that damn herb guy to show up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well and thats my point, its not a big deal at all(gaming and coding wise), and Blizzards decides to make a big deal of it (unprofessional decission in terms of Business)
    Blizzard didn't "make a big deal of it". They realised that random selecting the trader of the day was not a great way of doing it. So they changed it.

Players can behave and fixate at any levels on any things they like or dislike (as long as they stay in gov rules/blizzard ToS in this case)
    Yes, but players should also realise that they are responsible for the consequences of their behaviour. If someone wants to fixate on and get hugely upset about little things in the game, it's going to have a negative affect on their state of satisfaction. Importantly, it becomes their own fault if they land up unhappy as a result.

Some things are, quite literally, not worth getting upset about. Like it or not, each of us does, in fact, choose what we get upset about, and learning how to control that is part of emotional maturity.

to simplify: there are these groups/subgroups of people

a) People who dont play WoW/Dont Know WoW at all
    b) People which Plays WoW (or at least heavy connected to this Game)

in b) you have two subgroups b1) who do not care about trader b2) who care about trader

so for a) and b1) they could leave the traders rnd or whatever rotation they like, it has no impact
    for b2) the traders are important, so Blizzard were reading feedback and changed the RND Traders to fixed traders to satisfy b2) (well because they like happy Customers==Money)

and what happened? they managed to somehow screw it up again, making b2) unhappy(or not really happy).
    You oversimplified. There are a lot of people under b2) who honestly aren't fussed about it taking 2 more days for the herb vendor to arrive. I am one of them.

Yes I play WoW, yes I care about the traders. But no, I do not believe that Blizzard "screwed it up again". Would have been better if herbs had come before Leather and Cloth? Yes. Is it a big deal? No.

So Blizzards point of view/interest is: to make the most people happy (profit driven), it would be so easy to acomplish this task at least related to this single topic, but Blizzard failed.
    Honestly, at this point, and seeing how much some people are prone to complain loudly and bitterly over the smallest things, no, I do not believe it is ever "so easy" for them to "make the most people happy".

PS: and some people thinks, it some kind of troll from Blizzard, because they are in a spot were they can make decission in the game which are not absolutly profit driven/customer driven, this could be one of them.
    tin foil hats anyone?

Deleted
    you are right about anything you say.

but a good businessmen/(designer in this case) would forsee it and made a slightly different decission(rotation), thats my point.

that people get fixate/upset/and not what on , its a completly different discussion and has nothing to do with the fact, that when someone in Blizzard would have choosen a diferent rotation, the impact would be much lower/different one.

I'm just a bit annoyed about not getting the herb trader but just really, really puzzled at the stupidity/trolling of Blizzard in the whole situation tbh

They should have just let each trader have a random chance to spawn every day. Different people could get different traders, there'd be no gating and their group finder tool that they've been pushing for 4 months would have a little more use.

Herb trader today!(ner'zhul-US)