Deadly poison, as combat I cannot apply this now.

Has this always been this way?

If I reset my spec I can apply it, no spec chosen, then change back to combat and the buff remains. Submitted a bug report as I thought all rogues used poisons
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    You apply instant poison in combat, not deadly poison, that's for assassination and sub.

No wonder Blizzard have long ticket and Big fixing times when people spam it with things like this. At least look at your abilities and spec perks op, Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    No wonder Blizzard have long ticket and Big fixing times when people spam it with things like this. At least look at your abilities and spec perks op, Jesus.
    There is nothing on the tool tip that denotes this, nor the class spec, from the player spell book. So where is this denoted that a player in game can see it? This character just turned level 10.
    iMac

Deleted
    You should still be able to apply Deadly Poison as Combat until you get the level 92+ perk that transforms it into Instant Poison. In your spellbook you should be able to select it from the "Poisons" popup menu. By "cannot apply", do you mean the option is greyed out and unclickable? If so, do a /reload as there is occasionally a problem with the UI.

And to the two people automatically assuming he's a high enough level to have the perk, maybe you should ask more questions before jumping to conclusions

To add to the above post, you can drag either the apply poisons ability or the deadly poison ability to your toolbar to make it easier our quicker in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    You used to run instant and deadly. Now you can only use 1 lethal poison so as sub/sin you use deadly and as combat it becomes instant

Switching specs removes your poison unless it's one that isn't affected by talents (ie, Crippling or Wound). And like a previous poster said, you get one lethal poison at a time now. Put on deadly and go to town.

doesn't work on my 52 rogue alt either, so it's not just the perk.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    There is nothing on the tool tip that denotes this, nor the class spec, from the player spell book. So where is this denoted that a player in game can see it? This character just turned level 10.

[edit]Oh, level 10. No idea.[/edit]

Swift Poison is a Draenor perk, could be available at 92, 94, 96 or 98, depending on RNG. I'm on my phone, so I can't post the link, but Google "swift poison wowhead" for more.

looks like they just hotfixed this

Quote Originally Posted by Rankith View Post
    looks like they just hotfixed this
    I am so glad I wasn't going crazy. Haven't had a rogue in ages and it was so odd that a newly granted ability just didn't work.

As for that tooltip, that text isn't present at lower levels likely
    iMac