LW = Single Target. FS = Multiple Targets

I love FS because it makes Survival feel slightly more smooth. However, ever since I looted the 2P bonus I have noticed that the amount of ES I get off in fights has skyrocketed. Even to the point where ES was finally becoming my number one DPS spell by anywhere from 3% to 5% (Outside of AoE fights of course) So I decided to play around with LW and FS on target dummy to give me an idea which would be better on single target.

Doing several 5 minute fights for each talent. LW is vastly superior over FS by an average of 2,500 DPS on single targets. (These are personally numbers and not sim numbers.. So take it for what it's worth)

So what's the point of this thread? You already know this and I'm an idiot? Just wanted to strike discussion on if anyone else is seeing similar results.

Deleted
    'Personally' numbers are 'worth' approximately nothing.

Yes, we already know this. It's in every decent guide posted anywhere.

You might be an idiot, that I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooi View Post
    'Personally' numbers are 'worth' approximately nothing.

Yes, we already know this. It's in every decent guide posted anywhere.

You might be an idiot, that I don't know.
    That's weird. Because on Azors guide, it says "Lone Wolf is about as good as Focusing Shot although Focusing Shot is still recommended for optimal DPS" which from my interpretation, Focusing Shot is better than Lone Wolf. I agree on multiple target fights and even that is true before you get your 2P bonus.. But I'm seeing 2.5K difference between LW and FS as stated in my OP. =)

Deleted
    What you are seeing does not mean anything.

This must be the 10th thread you've made posting in this manner where people have told you that anecdotal evidence is useless evidence but you simply refuse to listen so I'll just not bother.

What you are seeing does not mean anything.

This must be the 10th thread you've made posting in this manner where people have told you that anecdotal evidence is useless evidence but you simply refuse to listen so I'll just not bother.
    So I ran simcraft and even there it shows as lw being ahead fs. The numbers are smaller than my personal test, 1000 dps difference.

Deleted
    Now if you consider the flaws of Focusing Shot APL and put a real player in its place you'll pretty quickly see that 3% difference disappear in favor of Focusing Shot, especially when the only single-target fight at all is Gruul and Lone Wolf takes away your passive damage (with the exception of Serpent Sting which LW doesn't buff and Black Arrow which it does) when you're Petrify-locked for like ~5s total in the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So I ran simcraft and even there it shows as lw being ahead fs. The numbers are smaller than my personal test, 1000 dps difference.
    The default talents and APL aren't great, but you are right. LW is the correct choice for single-target currently. The Stampede buff was not particularly well thought out, and has caused a bit of a mess(and a lot of confusion). With FS you get one less pet with stampede, which is a lot of damage to give up. Powershot is a really efficient damage-per-focus dump (I only wish we could glyph away the knockback), and you have almost unlimited uninterrupted movement.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Please include information about error ranges in your comments: was that 1000±10 DPS or 1000±500?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Please include information about error ranges in your comments: was that 1000±10 DPS or 1000±500?
    Lol, what? Trying way too hard to sound smart. Obviously his error range is that of at least 1000 iterations which is plenty for this unless he is braindamaged.

Lol, what? Trying way too hard to sound smart. Obviously his error range is that of at least 1000 iterations which is plenty for this unless he is braindamaged.
    I'm not even sure responding here is worthwhile, but it is a completely serious request. A DPS difference without any details (how much error, multiple targets, etc) is worthless. It's also, uh, not really an attempt to make me sound smart. I don't know why you imagine that, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

The second part of your statement also confuses me: I'm not quite sure how smart AdrianCC100 is has anything to do with the level of error in SimCraft numbers in any way, but it also isn't obvious that he ran a significant number of iterations, and while he cites a 1,000 DPS difference, posters elsewhere have talked about a difference of 50±15 DPS -- something possibly as low as 20 DPS real difference -- being a "significant" difference before.

So, no, it isn't obvious that this was run in a reasonable fashion, or that the number of rounds produced reasonably significant results. (...and, incidentally, you probably want around 10k rounds if you want to post numbers, because that pushes you into relatively safe ranges to talk about differences.)

Deleted
    For him to achieve an error that would in any way be meaningful he would have to change the default settings to something LOWER which defies all logic.