Thread: Tatoo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    This is the best advice. I have one sleeve and 2 more tattoos designed by a friend 1-2 years ago and I still want them. Now it is just a matter of money for me.
    I've waited about a year on mine too, still want it... my problem is more time, and finding a place... >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I have 2 tattoo's and will never regret them
    First one says "who watches the watchmen" in latin http://imgur.com/6DkZvvA
    Second one says "everything changes but nothing is truly lost" in latin http://imgur.com/gmQD09l

Before i had them inked, i checked, double checked, triple checked and consulted my uncle who studied Latin at boarding school to make sure there would be no spelling mistakes.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I have seen pics. He def has transdermals.
    Well, I *had* transdermals.

https://i.imgur.com/5QeQaw4.jpg

And yes, I know. Amelogenesis imperfecta - Being born without enamel on your teeth. It's a bitch. Dentin is yellow. I promise I brush them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, I *had* transdermals.

https://i.imgur.com/5QeQaw4.jpg

And yes, I know. Amelogenesis imperfecta - Being born without enamel on your teeth. It's a bitch. Dentin is yellow. I promise I brush them.
    I am curious how those work? Do they heal to be like a cyst? Is/was it a bitch to keep clean and free from infection?

I can't believe a tattooist would misspell something, they would be so paranoid about that. I bet they make the person write down the words and they copy them letter for letter and keep the paper in their records.

Is this true?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're two parts. There's the actual transdermal base, which isn't terribly huge. Well, it was an 8g, which is huge, but that's just the post that takes the jewelry. Looks like a four leafed clover under the skin. A pocket is made, they're slid in, and the hole is punched from the top. Then there's the horns, they screw in to the transdermal base. It would be quite a feat to sleep if they weren't removable. When I had the horns out, they look like teeny little metallic cylinders.

I'm not sure how they compare to cysts, but they don't actually "heal". Connective tissue grows through the holes in the base, under the skin, but the post sticks out, so you have an open tunnel between the outside and inside, so they're never healed.

Yeah, they were a bitch to keep clean. Infection, not so much, but I'm used to mods, so maybe for the average person it's a bitch to keep free from infection.

Oh, and however spiky they may be, it hurt me much more when they were hit versus the other person. No stabbing someone with those horns, I'd pass out way before drawing blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    get ripd
    get tattoo
    get beaches
    Exactly this. Tattoo's are merely an excuse to take off your shit and flex your muscles while pretending to show off the tattoo. Its also the reason i want to get a tattoo on my dick, so it doesn't seem weird to show it off in puplic.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    They're two parts.
    -snip-
    Cool! And now I know. And knowing is... What ever G.I. Joe said...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I still think that most tattoos are dumb, with like 1% being something that actually adds to the intrigue or sex appeal of a person.
    While I myself do not (yet) have a tattoo and may never get one, I at least understand that tattoos aren't about me. Even if I think it is stupid, most tattoos mean something to the person enough that they were willing to pay money and endure pain to showcase it. I may think it looks bad, but it is a living story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    Ah, I see. But that's not exactly how it was in the book. I do get the gist of what you are saying though.

The feather thing I saw was like a quill pen at rest with the plume breaking away to simple V shaped birds. Stylized similar to the Arcade Fire's Funeral album.

The book's image might be a variation of the feather thing you linked. I do not know, honestly never seen it elsewhere.

It is unlikely I would get such a tattoo anyway because I didn't have the presence of mind at the time to snap a photo of the book's image. So at best I can describe the idea but perhaps it would be closer to the linked image than the book's. Seems problematic now that I know a variant exists.

I've always wondered why permanent tattoos are so popular but not temporary ones. I can't imagine getting something tattooed on me. I'm sure I'd get bored of it. But you could get temporary tattoos and change them whenever you felt like it. It seems like a much better plan.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    It's very popular. Very.

http://www.angryink.com/2012/06/the-...right-now.html

Were I so every get a tattoo, it'd be on my left upper arm. Prolly something like this:

Not really a tattoo person though.
    I should hope not with that.

That's a tat for someone with something to prove.

And yes, it's very easy for an artist to screw up script. A lot of the higher end people don't even do script, I know my artist hates it and only does it for those she has known for a very long time. Typically folks who supported her at the start of her career.

Here's her gallery: http://www.nohopenofeartattoo.com/ar...tattoo-gallery

Deleted
    i'm projecting a troll totem with lightnings around

Will be getting a tattoo of Sun Wukong (the god, not league champion) on my arm if i still want it in 2016. Been wanting it a few years now, but i want to wait, and not end up regretting it.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I've been considering getting a tattoo on my shoulder of a dragon for a while now... to be honest...

That and a naval piercing...

I just need to get around to it, eventually.
    omg. dragon. Like...wth.

Why a naval piercing?

Deleted
    Get a tattoo of a chinese symbol that says tattoo.
    Last edited by mmoc2222b8def1; 2015-03-02 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    If I were an asshole of a tattoo artist, I would find the Chinese symbol for dick, or dumbass and 'say' it was serenity or something, just so those that could actually read it would get a laugh. Or maybe save it somewhere for when an asshole of a client came around, so that people would know to avoid them.

It would be like a scarlet letter, or like Bill Engvall's "here's your sign" routine, where stupid people get a sign that says "I'm stupid" to hang around their neck if they do something REALLY stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Kinda like how Chinese people get English words tattooed on them?

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Stay thirsty my friends.
    If you're asking for suggestions - did you not just answer your own question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post

Does anyone know what it's like to get one on the back of the neck?
    I have a fairly large (5" by about 3") on the back my neck. Is my first and only tattoo currently. It wasn't bad at all. Don't let people tell you that the fact it's on part of your spine scare you. It wasn't bad at all. But I'm also slightly masochistic and have a high pain tolerance.