Help upgrading computer

So my current build is probably 4 or 5 years old now and I think it's time for an upgrade. I want it to be able to run games at the top settings while at the same time having multiple browser window open with video streaming. I'll probably eventually have a second monitor as well, not sure if that effects performance or not.

This is my current build:

Cooler Master HAF 912 - High Air Flow Mid Tower Computer Case $59.99
    Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W $59.99
    Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 $132.99
    Processor: Intel i3 2100 $124.99
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 $34.99
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB $44.99
    Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 $64.99
    Optical Disc Drive: Sony Optiarc SATA DVD/CD Burner $20.99
    Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 $209.99

I wanted to know what I can keep and what I should upgrade. My top priority is being able to run multiple programs at once smoothly, so I would think the CPU is the highest priority which means I will probably need a new motherboard. I know the graphics card is important for the games part, but for now a decent one will do leaving room for an improvement later. I will probably need to upgrade the RAM as well and probably the power supply.

I'm not very experienced with this so I kind of just wanted to get some advice or some ideas for upgrades. My budget is probably around $500-$1000, preferably on the lower end, but can spend towards the higher end if needed.

Your system is pretty good still man, what are you having problems with?

What games do you play and what kind of performance are you currently getting? While I understand wanting to upgrade every few years, you should be ok in most games for a little while.