Poll: Obvious question

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Game Time Token (POLL)

Another question for Blizzard : how can i activate a token that's already in bags if my subscription runs out ? is there a way to activate it in the account management on Blizzard website ?

...it's not live. Nobody can answer your question. Maybe ask on the official forums where blue posters more often read and respond, or through twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    ...it's not live. Nobody can answer your question. Maybe ask on the official forums where blue posters more often read and respond, or through twitter?
    It was just a question you know, the poll is more important ^^'

From the article interviewing Watcher, you can even buy and activate a token from the character select screen on a locked account, if your account has enough gold for current market value.

10+ Year Old Account
    EvE Online had game time token a looooooooooooooong time before many mmo were even made and is still alive and well. They don't have gold sellers anymore either.

Game time tokens are a GREAT thing.

I don't care, but I have a feeling that the rates will be harsh though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought of voting: Don't care, but then remembered that I'm sitting on quite some gold with little to spend it on, so I guess: bring it on = I like.
    So that's what I voted.

Deleted
    Your account will still be accessible as a "veteran account", changed with 6.1 I believe. So if you run out of game-time, your account is reduced to the "starter-version" where you can't access anything important but your bags, guild chat, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Another question for Blizzard : how can i activate a token that's already in bags if my subscription runs out ? is there a way to activate it in the account management on Blizzard website ?
    "Hazzikostas says Blizzard is currently planning to provide an option for lapsed subscribers who may have a lot of gold sitting around to log in and purchase Tokens without having to purchase a subscription at all."
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    "Hazzikostas says Blizzard is currently planning to provide an option for lapsed subscribers who may have a lot of gold sitting around to log in and purchase Tokens without having to purchase a subscription at all."
    And that's what are the tokens for, i'm asking if we can activate THAT token without logging in the game ^^

Honestly, I think it's a pretty cool concept and I'm just waiting to see if I can possibly afford it. If it's more than 15k a month, then I probably won't even bother with it but I'll still think it's completely fine.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone that has never had a lot of money irl or in game, just feels like a rich get richer and poor stay poor system. There is no way I could benefit from it, but others will make massive profits. I don't like it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    As someone that has never had a lot of money irl or in game, just feels like a rich get richer and poor stay poor system. There is no way I could benefit from it, but others will make massive profits. I don't like it at all.
    Nobody can "profit" from it other than Blizzard and they only win if there are enough people with a lot of in game gold who wouldn't sub for cash out there who will trade that gold for players who are essentially willing to pay for their own sub plus at least one other person's in order to have some in game currency. There is not net increase for them other than if it brings back players who essentially only find the game worth playing if someone else is paying for it.

Haven't seen any actual points against this, just mostly people using the slippery slope argument saying this proves Blizzard will be selling "tier 20" gear in the bnet store before long.

Or just rich people IRL will get rich In-game and rich people In-game will pay their subscription with gold, especially since no one can fix the price the offer / demand .

Depending on the price of the token, you'll be able to run one character through Cata 25H raids weekly for a month (~7-8k a week, ~30k a month) and never have to pay a sub fee again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Depending on the price of the token, you'll be able to run one character through Cata 25H raids weekly for a month (~7-8k a week, ~30k a month) and never have to pay a sub fee again.
    Literally just playing the game will net you enough Gold to do this.

Unless you're the type that just logs in every Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday to raid, as I used to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    This will be good for people who want to make golds with money, but if you want to use your golds for gametime, "illegal" way will probably be more profitable.

So, it might end up being not really interesting.

sounds like youre saying if i cant get ahead and take advantage of the system then no one can. Im just a regular bloke irl. I make a decent living, and I have a lot(500k+) of in game gold. Ill most likely be using tokens to pay for my game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it and it should have been in the game years ago. That's how I payed for Wildstar in the short time I played that game.