Crane Stance Rotation

What is the rotation priority for monks when using crane stance? Am I supposed to keep RSK debuff up on the target, tiger power on myself, and blackout kick / chi explosion with the rest of my chi? Or should I just spam blackout kick / chi explosion? Any pointers on making the most use out of crane stance would be very helpful.

Deleted
    Spec'd pool of mists the prio is.

Chi generators: Vital mists stacks > Expel Harm > Jab
    You can also incorporate SCK on 3+ adds if your purpose is to do damage and not build mana in which case it's above jab

Actually just in general if you wanted to focus on damage only you would ignore everything except Jab (or ScK). Exception being if you have the 2 set consuming 5 stacks of vital mists is still your first priority

Chi consumers: BoK (to apply cranes zeal) > tiger power (Maybe) > RSK > excess black out kicks

So Yeh tiger power. There are times where just spamming RSK charges is going to give more damage if you only have limited globals to put into fistweaving. I'm genuinely not sure what length that would be but in a short window it would be best to BOK and get off as many RSK's as you can before being forced to swap.

For Chi explo

Well. The basic gameplay here was always to Jab spam although obviously just like with PoM vital Mists takes prio if you have 2 set.
    Idea is to only use chiex at 4 chi. But to use it in a way that it doesn't do ridiculous overhealing.

Timing detonate chi and using the least amount of mana/globals on it is also important. You can jab spam -> chiex (@4) jab spam -> chiex(@4) -> detonate chi. Think the spheres are up 15 seconds so you can do 16 at a time that way.

It's only viable where it doesn't overheal like crazy. Also I'm kinda outdated on chi explo for 6.1 Havent tried it this patch or really read anything.
    General rule was to apply RSK/tiger power during downtime to avoid overhealing and chi capping. But with the rsk buff I don't know if it has a place in the rotation

This has probly got typos I typed it on my phone and autocorrect hates me
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-02-28 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Spec'd pool of mists the prio is.
    *text*
    Chi consumers: BoK (to apply cranes zeal) > tiger power (Maybe) > RSK > excess black out kicks
    When I wanted to put out as much damage and healing why would I take BOK over RSK?
    RSK in my equip does somewhere around 16k damage which should equal the same amount of healing done.
    BOK (same equip) does 9,4k + 4*0,2*9,4k, which is 17k.

So all in all BOK does 9,4k damage and 1k more healing than RSK - is that true? If so, wouldn't it make more "raidsense" to commit 16k damage/healing than 9,4k/17k?

But maybe I'm missing a crucial thing since my healing in Crane sucks balls.

Fiercon

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    When I wanted to put out as much damage and healing why would I take BOK over RSK?
    RSK in my equip does somewhere around 16k damage which should equal the same amount of healing done.
    BOK (same equip) does 9,4k + 4*0,2*9,4k, which is 17k.
    You want to RSK for the 15s 20% damage debuff on the enemy. My RSK tooltip damage is ~21k. You want to BoK to keep up the 20s +20% crit buff on yourself. My BoK tooltip damage is ~12.7k.

RSK should always take priority (dump all charges of RSK at all times), as long as you're also hitting BoK once every 20s to refresh the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    My RSK is hitting far harder than my Blackout Kick. BOK is doing maybe 20 something k crits? I must say I wasn't looking. But it was lower than my RSK crits, which are regularly 57k in random heroics.

So I'd imagine prioritize that would be sensible, using BOK and TP simply for the buffs.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is true, Merin, but in a theoretical environment where you can get away doing nothing but fistweave, stuff like reset RSK cooldown procs can get screwed. BoK is definitely weaker, but I think dumping chi on BoK is a decent idea when RSK has 0 charges and is cooling down alongside filler T30 spells like chi burst. Do correct me if I'm wrong though as that has been my way to go on fights like Iron Maidens pre-20%

Deleted
    Guys. I said excess black out kicks and put it last in priority. Implying that you would use it when RSK has no charges and tiger power is applied.

There's no argument here, I never said BoK > RSK. I said

BoK (to apply buff) > tiger power (to apply buff, sometimes) > RSK > Excess blackout kicks (Rsk on cooldown and buffs applied)

- - - Updated - - -

And as I said already there might be times you decide to not press tiger Palm and just BoK for buff and spam RSK in a very short window like 6-12 seconds. I have a habit of applying cranes zeal always cause of the mana return.

I'm not sure at what point just dumping the RSK charges becomes the better option damage wise than applying the buffs. Maybe someone better than me can give an answer to that. But cause of the mana return from cranes zeal I always apply it. Tiger Palm I often ignore in short windows where it will take a global away from a RSK

Depends if you have 2 peice or not also if you're using Pools of mist/chi explosion.

For maximum healing without 2 piece and chi explosion I'm pretty sure its get to 4 chi, chi explosion, surging at 4 vital mists then repeat while ignoring the two other debuffs.

If you have the 2 piece you need to be getting to 5 vital mists procs before casting surging so its just the same thing but keeping up both RSK and tiger pam to push you over to 5 stacks of vital mists. I'm not sure what's best once you're at 4 stacks of vital mists with RSK and TP buffs up which won't fall off for a while (for chi explosion max hps)

Other people covered Pools of mists.
    Last edited by Slakos; 2015-03-02 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Something else I didn't mention about PoM fistweaving, if you were going to fistweave for a very long period it's best to only consume the 3rd charge of RSK until tiger strikes procs. Basically float between 2-3 and obviously never let it sit on 3, then when tiger strikes procs dump as many RSK's inside the window as possible. It will give you more RSK's per fight without wasting any (so long as you always consume on 3 stacks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Note to self track Tiger Strikes on TMW/WA. I always had to pray to the RNG gods for a chain of RSK resets while tilting my eye to the Tiger Strikes buff on the top right while fist weaving Iron Maidens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Note to self track Tiger Strikes on TMW/WA. I always had to pray to the RNG gods for a chain of RSK resets while tilting my eye to the Tiger Strikes buff on the top right while fist weaving Iron Maidens.

I know I said

"Something else I didn't mention"
    But that was kind of bullshit. It literally only crossed my mind today like why the fuck was I not doing this?

Here's my simple WA's for Crane's Zeal/Tiger Power/Tiger Strikes if you wanted to save yourself 2 minutes
    http://pastebin.com/120gsCH6