what is it that you think made boba fett so badass/popular?

is it the way he looked or the fact that he captured han solo, or what?

i guess for me i like how he looked and was badass just standing there without saying anything, which is why i keep my PT looking classic with his style armor, and all those various "mando armors" im not a fan of.
    jedi? dark jedi!

I think it really comes down to a combination of the things you mentioned. He comes in at a point in ESB, where we are already on edge with our heroes safety. Alliance on the run, ships scattered, and everything is hectic. Then we meet the bounty hunters on the Executor, we're introduced to Boba Fett by Vader telling him not to disintegrate any of them.

Then of course we see him foil Han's garbage trick and follow them anyway. He get's his man with a little imperial help, although I'm of the mind he would have been able to catch Han and company off guard on cloud city with or without Vader being there.

All that with his cold voice "He's no good to me dead." Portrayed him as the perfect ruthless, cunning, and skilled hunter/tracker. IMO that's why he got such a cult following. WIsh they realized what kind of character they had developed before the let blind Han clumsily knock him into the Sarlaac. and Yes i know he got more story in the books after that but ROTJ Fett was a let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    as someone who is just a noob looking in on star wars, i liked Boba Fett based on a couple of things.

first, silence. he really didnt say much, he was more about "let my actions do my talking".

second, mystery. he wore a helmet and space suit. i couldnt tell who was beneath the suit so i couldnt humanize him.

and third, his jet pack. this feature of his suit was especially appealing in the late 70's and early 80's because it was ground breaking technology. here he had mastered it so successfully that it aided him in capturing bounty's. it lead to some serious day dreaming fantasies of 'what if i had that suit and could jet pack around my neighborhood...'
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2015-02-28 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    He proved that through incompetence and doing almost nothing I too can serve the dark lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

He just looked cool and had a cool job....the fact that there wasn't a lot to know about him worked to the advantage too because people could make up their own stories about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has a cool look, a silent demeanor, and Darth Vader "respects" him. Fett effectively borrows cred from him. Darth Vader knows Boba Fett's penchant for disintegrating; he tells him straight up "no disintegrations." Fett deserved that little caveat directed at him, right from Vader himself.

Moreover, Fett also tells Darth Vader "he's no good to me dead." He doesn't squeak it in, he doesn't say "hey, by the wayzies, if it's cool with you..." He speaks to Darth Vader almost as an equal, and Vader's retort is, again, not one of "you'll get what you get," but "we'll compensate you if he dies." He's someone Darth Vader respects, and so we respect him as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He looked cool, had awesome weapons, and was just an overall badass.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, He wasn't a badass to me. Incompetent and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Nothing, He wasn't a badass to me. Incompetent and annoying.
    ESB movie - He was no where incompetent and annoying in this movie and for me was a badass and the best things next to Darth Vader. He's whole presence on screen dripped ruthless bounty hunter and I'll do whatever is necessary to catch my target. Seeing him in ESB just made me want to see his character do more.

RotJ - They turned him into a chump. He was changed into an Incompetent and annoying character. I think it was done because he suddenly overshadowed some of the other main characters even with his small screen time. Fans longed for more of him. He had to be taken out and he was made to look stupid while it was done. I always hated those screens leading to his dip in the sarlaac.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-03-02 at 02:55 PM.

Never thought he was a badass. More annoying than anything. I never understood why so many people idolized him.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Never thought he was a badass. More annoying than anything. I never understood why so many people idolized him.
    Yes, I feel the same. I'd always assumed that he'd been developed a lot more in the spin-off books, and it was based on that EU stuff that he'd gained his fan following. From the movies alone, he barely registered with me.

Probably cause he has the title "bounty hunter", has a cool helmet, and plays the sidekick villain pretty well.

Even though in reality he's just a guy with a gun, and dies like one too. The deaths of both Boba and Jango were so anticlimactic.

That said I didn't get into the extended universe when Boba is tormented by the sarlacc. He escapes and returns to Mandalore to lead an army or something etc etc.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-03-06 at 04:43 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

There were some defining moments for me.

#1 When he waited for the MF after the star destroyer left the garbage behind. He knew exactly what was going to happen. People keep saying he was incompetent, but he was by far the best bounty hunter in the cannon.

#2 He was talking to some chicks at Jabba's palace. Again, people say he hid behind a suit and was de-humanized, but this shows he was not.

#3 When he recognized game in Jabba's palace after the thermal detonator scene. Classic game recognizes game mentality.