So BM consists of spamming Multishot?

Is that about right? Beast cleave has such a short duration and multishot is high cost. Its hard to weave anything in there if you want to keep beast cleave up 100 percent. Not a fun play style if you ask me. Is this what Blizz had in mind for this spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyfar View Post
    Is that about right? Beast cleave has such a short duration and multishot is high cost. Its hard to weave anything in there if you want to keep beast cleave up 100 percent. Not a fun play style if you ask me. Is this what Blizz had in mind for this spec?
    Even on single target?

So what is their rotation? Kill Command, Multi-Shot and that's it? With Bestial Wrath and Focus Fire at any stacks when using BW? lol That seems pretty boring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it even possible to have 100% uptime on beast cleave?

check out my hunter weak auras, click here

It would be great if they either increased the duration of Beast Cleave or lowered the cost of Kill Command to 25 focus.

Deleted
    Agreed, it's really painful.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Even on single target?

So what is their rotation? Kill Command, Multi-Shot and that's it? With Bestial Wrath and Focus Fire at any stacks when using BW? lol That seems pretty boring.
    Do you guys actually play a hunter in game? Beast cleave is the AoE component of playing the BM spec. There are AoE and ST shot priorities.

MS -> CS -> CS -> MS, repeat. Excess focus means you can replace one of the CS:s with barrage or KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Savage View Post
    It would be great if they either increased the duration of Beast Cleave or lowered the cost of Kill Command to 25 focus.
    BM is the easiest spec to manage your focus. It's fine really.

Blizz needs to re-design hunters Imo. Make marksman into an actual petless spec (like make Lone Wolf a spec skill learned at later levels automatically) and not make it an almost-mandatory way of playing. Well, depending on spec played, but MM w/o set bonuses still perform better than the rest at an equal skill level. Survival feels the most like a pvp-oriented spec.

Beastmaster could be almost anything tbh because of the variety of pets, I mean hell, people have tanked raid bosses before, as hunters, by gearing and speccing themselves/pets to tank. Not saying I want a tank spec, then you'd have druid 2.0. Probably other classes that could use a re-do as well, but I haven't played them as much...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dethstalker View Post
    Do you guys actually play a hunter in game? Beast cleave is the AoE component of playing the BM spec. There are AoE and ST shot priorities.
    Well if you played Hunter in the current raids you'd realise that actually, most of the time you maintain Beast Cleave except for a couple of fights. On just TWO targets it is optimal to maintain it, so in Blackrock Foundry pretty much always, extremely tedious. So I'd rephrase perhaps to ST, Cleave, AoE and heavy AoE shot priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Blizz needs to re-design hunters Imo. Make marksman into an actual petless spec (like make Lone Wolf a spec skill learned at later levels automatically) and not make it an almost-mandatory way of playing. Well, depending on spec played, but MM w/o set bonuses still perform better than the rest at an equal skill level. Survival feels the most like a pvp-oriented spec.

Beastmaster could be almost anything tbh because of the variety of pets, I mean hell, people have tanked raid bosses before, as hunters, by gearing and speccing themselves/pets to tank. Not saying I want a tank spec, then you'd have druid 2.0. Probably other classes that could use a re-do as well, but I haven't played them as much...
    Wait, are you saying that MM is mandatory or that Lone Wolf is mandatory? Either way, you're wrong unless you're still stuck in last patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest getting rid of LW, personally. It is a failure of Blizzard's that at any point the best way to play a PET class was WITHOUT a pet.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Striipes View Post
    Well if you played Hunter in the current raids you'd realise that actually, most of the time you maintain Beast Cleave except for a couple of fights. On just TWO targets it is optimal to maintain it, so in Blackrock Foundry pretty much always, extremely tedious. So I'd rephrase perhaps to ST, Cleave, AoE and heavy AoE shot priorities.
    Your observation with regards to the current raid tier, with regards to the multiple adds you need to deal with, does not nullify the mechanics of how to play the BM spec. You will do what is necessary for the given situation.

Dont know what some oft you are thinking or if you even play hinters. But at 2 targets beast cleave is not absolute top priority. And neither is it as easy to master as many other specs in the game. There is a big gap between a good BM player and a Bad one

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd suggest getting rid of LW, personally. It is a failure of Blizzard's that at any point the best way to play a PET class was WITHOUT a pet.
    The existence of LW is all about the fantasy of a ranged fighter *without* a pet. Which people have asked for a lot, probably most recently because Legolas, but for approximately forever. Ideally it should be equal to the other options, not better or worse, making it literally a play-style choice.

Agreed. But in the midst of aoeing, outside of BW, you can't reliably maintain Beast Cleave and use Kill Command on CD. The rotation tends to drag during sustained aoe; it's odd letting the spec's main nuke remain off CD during this time. It would feel right being able to weave in Kill Commands during Beast Cleave's unforgiving duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    Dont know what some oft you are thinking or if you even play hinters. But at 2 targets beast cleave is not absolute top priority. And neither is it as easy to master as many other specs in the game. There is a big gap between a good BM player and a Bad one
    you might wanna check azor's guide.