Thread: lost heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account

lost heirlooms.

Something that's bothered me is with the release of this new heirloom tab, was looking all over for all my lost heirlooms on alts, including across servers of characters I haven't played as for ages, some even years, just to trace them down.

I found about half of them, but despite looking all over, could not find the others, certain weapons or armor I know I brought years ago with justice points or honour points. I also remember when in my old guild years ago I brought all the helms and capes, but only managed to find 2 of them.

Question on this, a friend told me even if heirlooms remain in the mailbox for a period of time, and then auto return to the sender, unlike any other item, if it is not claimed, the heirlooms will not delete but everything else will?

I'm not sure honestly on if heirlooms will be auto returned again and not deleted or something.

My experience is I mailed leather heirlooms to an rogue I made, but when I got the level 90 boost I wanted it to be another race, so I mailed those heirlooms off that toon, deleted it, and boosted a rogue.

I never picked up the heirlooms on the character I mailed them too, I completely forgot to, and they're gone because they couldn't be sent back to a deleted toon, and I couldn't restore them or anything.

Ends up a random alt on another server had leather heirlooms though so I'm good now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, if mail expires, everything in the mail is deleted. Sometimes if this happens and you put a ticket in right away, they can still be recovered. But records of deleted mail are not kept for very long. I've heard that the period in which a GM can still recover the deleted mail after it expires is something like 4-7 days. After that, it's gone.

This happened to me a couple years back. You have 60 days to claim them via mailbox (30 for the recipient and 30 if they get returned due to no one claiming them). After that you have 30 days to make a ticket because the mailboxes clear on Blizzards end 30 days after the returned mail disappears.

You might be able to make a ticket to ask, but my guess is they won't be able to help. I've heard stories of some GMs giving out new heirlooms while others say they aren't allowed/able to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heave you not gone to the battle.net site and tried to use item restore?

As far as asking a GM, it really comes down to the GM. I had one look across a few toons, AND a few accounts for me, because I thought I bought the cosmetic plate gloves off the Warmill vendor. I also had them try and find an old account from back when Scroll of Resurrection was a thing, and they went out of their way to find the account. With the heirlooms being able to be mailed to any character on any server, the possibility to hunt them down gets harder, BUT, there is a help topic about 'lost account bound items' that should help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that heirlooms in the mail will get deleted when the mail expires. Happened to me once, a couple years ago. A GM restored them without issue a few months later once I realized what had happened though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I figured so. Thing is I've no idea where or which characters mailbox it would have deleted on. Might try looking across all alts,but it was a while ago.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was missing some as well. The agi leather and int mail pants I can remember off the top of my head. Just the pants, which is odd to me because I always kept the armors together as a set.
    Wasn't a huge deal or anything but they just sorta vanished.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Make sure you are logging into each of your alts (including those on servers you might not play on now). If any of them have heirlooms on them or in their bank, it will add them to the collection. There is no need to go to the nearest bank, just logging the character in should do the trick (worked for me).
    So long as the item wasn't lost to the mail, as happened to some above, this should help you find all your heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Question on this, a friend told me even if heirlooms remain in the mailbox for a period of time, and then auto return to the sender, unlike any other item, if it is not claimed, the heirlooms will not delete but everything else will?
    Heirlooms get deleterated from the mails just like everything else.

Deleted
    I lost all mine too, would have saved around 25k gold. Must have forgotten to take them out of the mailbox before I unsubbed in 2012. GMs couldn't retrieve them either.

Yeah I didn't lose any heirlooms

i lost most of my heirlooms because I mailed them to a 12 ally hunter. Deleted said hunter, forgot I even mailed them. GG. No restore character, too low level :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    i lost most of my heirlooms because I mailed them to a 12 ally hunter. Deleted said hunter, forgot I even mailed them. GG. No restore character, too low level :'(
    Didnt think you could delete a character with mail or heirlooms on them..

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Didnt think you could delete a character with mail or heirlooms on them..
    You can't, but the mail will expire, and then you can.

I lost some heirlooms too. I had altoholic installed, which showed them in the mail of one of my alts, but it was one I hadnt played for ages, and the mail was deleted. I sent a ticket in, and was told they couldnt find them on my account. They didnt mention that they got deleted after so long, but I hadnt logged the character since before WoD.

Makes me wonder what else I've lost in the mail through laziness....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.