Deleted

What is bottlenecking my computer?

Hello everyone!

I'm currently having some issues with my computer and therefore looking for some advice.

I'm currently using:
    i7 950 - not overclocked, I've tried it but it just always fails on me
    GTX 650 TI
    3x 4GB RAM

I came back during wod launch and since then my FPS has only gone down and I've been having so much peoplems with screentearing it's not even fun. Since Im using dual monitors I keep wow in windowd fullscreen, but with windowed mode, I cant keep any setting below disabled/low, except ground effects and such since I enjoy raiding. My fps i locked to 60 but usually drops down to 40.
    However if I switch to fullscreen, I can use everythign in ultra/high, but its not that fun to switch monitors like that.

So What should I upgrade, or what can I change to get better performace?

Overclocking your CPU will get you the best fps increase in raids.
    Upgrading your GPU will give you the best fps increase everywhere else. (GTX 750 Ti or R9 270 would be good enough for WoW)
    You should do both.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

Quote Originally Posted by Musta Kyy View Post
    Overclocking your CPU will get you the best fps increase in raids.
    Upgrading your GPU will give you the best fps increase everywhere else. (GTX 750 Ti or R9 270 would be good enough for WoW)
    You should do both.
    It really depend which 650ti he has, because the ''Boost'' version is pretty much on par (even a bit better sometime) than the 750 Ti.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's yer CPU.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account

Could be either

It could be your CPU or your GPU; I'm not saying exactly which one because there is no way for me to know without monitoring the usage of each during your raids.

As for RAM, you have very much plenty.

Your best bet is to just use the 'Raid Settings' option and reduce your View Distance, Water Quality, and Shadows to the point you get close to the frames you would like to see.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I will mostlikely get around to upgrad everything soon, but until then I'll stick with the in-game raidsettings.