Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Fallujah Documentary

http://www.businessinsider.com/docum...allujah-2015-2

I'm actually intrested in watching this documentary.The battle for Fallujah was one of the single largest engagments of the Iraqi Conflict. ROE's were strict and essentially, even after calling for an evacuation of the city, Marines were saddled with incredibly difficult ROE. Where normal doctrine from years past would have just used artillery and airstrikes to pound enemy positions after taking fire, U.S. forces were forced to forgo such options and actually go clear the buildings.

I find it intresting that we can look at wars such as WW2 where we would firebomb a enemy city to soften it up, but we are not willing to do so anymore. I'm not nessesarily saying its a bad thing, I just find it intresting.

I hear some civi's (particulary on the left) who whine about how the battle was conducted, yet know very little about the background and facts, and only listen to the other sides stories of the battle.

Will it include such details like snipers shooting ambulances and any civilian that picked up baited bomb parts?

Two of my cousins fought in second battle of Fallujah. The photos they took were pretty intense. They gave me wads of Iraqi money looted from that engagement. Fairly interesting stuff.

Deleted
    This thread will be locked really fucking quickly.

Deleted
    Does documentary involve US forces storming the hospital in Falluja demanding they have the paperwork, to bury the real figures of the casualties?

Otherwise it's horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Will it include such details like snipers shooting ambulances and any civilian that picked up baited bomb parts?
    Will it include the limp wristed sensibilities of people who lack the balls necessary to serve but still have the gall to criticize those that do?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, probably won't have anything to do with abnormally high cancer rates in Fallujah either due to depleted Uranium in the weapons used there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Does documentary involve US forces storming the hospital in Falluja demanding they have the paperwork, to bury the real figures of the casualties?

Otherwise it's horseshit.
    Is that avatar in support of Russia? If so, glass houses, stones, you know the rest.

This is what im talking about right here.

Sadly another example of someone who focuses on small parts of a battle without grasping the full context of a situation.

thanks armchair general!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

Sadly another example of someone who focuses on small parts of a battle without grasping the full context of a situation.

thanks armchair general!
    How about an answer to the question. Does it include these details? Or is it another example of whitewashed "history" written by the winner?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Doubt it, probably won't have anything to do with abnormally high cancer rates in Fallujah either due to depleted Uranium in the weapons used there.
    What gets me is that people claim DU causes cancer in the countries that it is used in but there is no proof that cancer rates are higher in the people than handled it on a daily basis before it got fired. Is it only radioactive when combined exposed to heat? Millions of people handle DU rounds on a daily basis, if it causes cancer then we have a huge fucking problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, let's be careful to avoid things like nation bashing and getting hostile, either towards soldiers or civilians, in this thread. This can be a very sensitive subject, and I'd rather not have to close it for going bad over a few sour apples

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Is that avatar in support of Russia? If so, glass houses, stones, you know the rest.
    If someone uses nations from Hetalia to show their support for a nation, they're being very silly. (at least, I think that's Hetalia)

I'll watch it.

PBS Frontline has done a bunch of documentaries about the Iraq War

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/saddam/

They do honest, solid reporting and I don't care who you are they'll challenge your beliefs. Anonymous tried to shut them down.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Will it include the limp wristed sensibilities of people who lack the balls necessary to serve but still have the gall to criticize those that do?
    You don't have to participate to criticize. In fact, while I think many of the criticisms are carried to an unreasonable extreme or made without full understanding of what happened, I believe that the existence of such criticisms helps keep us honest.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2015-02-28 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post

thanks armchair general!
    I think the main difference in perception is what one perceives to be a defensive vs offensive war. You could argue that the war in Iraq was a defensive war.. there are arguments in both direction. But it isn't near to the certainty of self defense that is the Allied powers in World War II. Even when there were atrocities performed by the Allied powers in France and Germany and Eastern Europe, they were relatively overlooked because it was done during the process of liberation, and thus more simple to excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    This thread will be locked really fucking quickly.
    Why?

OT: My cousin's husband in the Corps was in the 2nd battle of Fallujah. He told me a whole bunch of stories of how it all was.

I'll definitely check this Documentary out.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

15+ Year Old Account
    If its just a piece of a small group of grunts I will probably watch it. Limited scope - lesser risk of whitewash and more about how them as individuals cooped with their job.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to Tech school with a guy that was in the armored division of the Army while invading Fallujah. He said that his tank squad was ordered to stay out of the city while the Marines were sent in to clear buildings. He said he watched the battle go on while hearing the combat through the radio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Guys, let's be careful to avoid things like nation bashing and getting hostile, either towards soldiers or civilians, in this thread. This can be a very sensitive subject, and I'd rather not have to close it for going bad over a few sour apples

If someone uses nations from Hetalia to show their support for a nation, they're being very silly. (at least, I think that's Hetalia)
    It's not Hetalia, though the style looks the same, looks this girl honestly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'll watch it.

PBS Frontline has done a bunch of documentaries about the Iraq War

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/saddam/

They do honest, solid reporting and I don't care who you are they'll challenge your beliefs. Anonymous tried to shut them down.
    Funny thing about PBS is that it's as close to government owned media as you get in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted