Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's more of a street than a single building. Favorite place of hometown. Can't find a picture of just the buildings but they all look awesome.

Nothing beats good old Main Street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Deleted
    Desio (italy) Villa Tittoni during Kernel Festival.

can't post images yet T_T

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't have any fancy buildings. I live in a small town, Though we have nice nature walks and stuff, you should try some.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I really don't have any fancy buildings. I live in a small town, Though we have nice nature walks and stuff, you should try some.
    So true, sometimes we complain about cities and don't see what's around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    The Royal Pantheon is probably one of finest examples of Romanesque art. 10/10 would raid again.
    Oh, the pantheon's pictorial program is certainly exquisite. As far as the building goes... it's impressive, but we have better examples elsewhere.

I still love it though. You're welcomed to visit anytime, provided you don't spoil, transform into stables, and burn it again .
    Last edited by nextormento; 2015-03-01 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Oh, the pantheon's pictorial program is certainly exquisite. As far as the building goes... it's impressive, but we have better examples elsewhere.

I still love it though. You're welcomed to visit anytime, provided you don't spoil, transform into stables, and burn it again .
    I was referring to the mural paintings, obviously! I'm not a huge fan of Lombard Romanesque or the Churrigueresque façade of Santiago, though — it's a shame it completely hides the Pórtico.

I was only there for a few hours on my way to Bilbao, but it was pretty enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylphen View Post
    I was referring to the mural paintings, obviously! I'm not a huge fan of Lombard Romanesque or the Churrigueresque façade of Santiago, though — it's a shame it completely hides the Pórtico.

I was only there for a few hours on my way to Bilbao, but it was pretty enjoyable.
    But the thread is about buildings :S
    I agree though, it's a great place. And it's refreshing when people appreciate it over the obvious choice :].

Deleted
    My town is so awful we've decided to just demolish it and have an open town square instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The alamo is the most famous. The majestic theatre is my favorite though.

This is one of my favorite buildings ever. It's essentially a triangle. It can be found in downtown San Antonio on the Riverwalk! Only bad part is... when you look up at it, you can get a bad case of vertigo :P But it might only be me. It can appear completely flat from almost any angle. Really cool to see it in person! The Hemisphere Tower is also pretty neat. And since I've moved near Seattle... the Space Needle is neat when it's all lit up!

10+ Year Old Account
    my favorite building is the one where my warlocks succubus resides.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The one on the left, like a symbol of the town where I was born. The cathedral in the background was built much later.

Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Because I'm from Antwerp I have to say the cathedral.

But I also like the boerentoren or the palace (which is a fancy mall now)

It's technically not a building anymore, but i'll go with this one.

TL;DR: It was a huge mansion over 70 years ago that got burned down in a massive fire. Pretty much everything got destroyed, not sure how many people died. Picked it because i've lived near it for my whole life, and i have so many memories associated with it.

E: Just to be clear, the building in the picture isn't the only one. There are a number of them within 10-500m of it.
    Last edited by Ergar; 2015-03-02 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main train station in Leipzig. The biggest train station in Europe.

The concourse is nearly 300 m long and houses a 2-level-shopping mall.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my hometown, the coolest building is so cool people from all over the world come and see it. (yes, I'm talking about the castle ruins in the back (and yes, these are real persons))

Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I really like this building in The Hague:

I go past it most days on the bus.

Also, Binnenhof in the city centre:
    Last edited by Kerath; 2015-03-02 at 10:54 AM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I guess this? its the first thing you see when leaving the downtown island.

This is probably the best looking place in City Place(my city's city center).
    Last edited by Ave07; 2015-03-02 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    For me it has to be Drottningholm Slott (Swedish Royal Castle).

7+ Year Old Account
    This lil bugger: