Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The History of Human Races

What do you think the history of human races are?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't understand the question.
    I think they want to know what caused the advent of the modern humans to occur, or something like that.
    Or they're asking us to summarize about 60~ thousand years.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Do you mean like...black vs white vs asian vs etc?
    Humans sprang up..they reproduced, they spread out and started looking more and more different. Super condensed version?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't understand the question.
    Another evo/create thread.

War, lots and lots of war, sprinkled with some slavery and a dash of plague on the side.

Personally, I think humans evolved in the northern and eastern part of Africa and then spread throughout Africa, then migrated to the Arabian peninsula, then a group diverged into both Europe and Asia, then an Asian group migrated across during the ice age into North America and spread out into South America. That's also why I think dogs were present on most continents, because they evolved in Eurasia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    WTB more context.
    How do you think all the races came to be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Another evo/create thread.
    Not really, I'm talking about what you think the origin is, not the future nor proven facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I think they want to know what caused the advent of the modern humans to occur, or something like that.
    Or they're asking us to summarize about 60~ thousand years.
    You right in the first part

Personally, I think humans evolved in the northern and eastern part of Africa and then spread throughout Africa, then migrated to the Arabian peninsula, then a group diverged into both Europe and Asia, then an Asian group migrated across during the ice age into North America and spread out into South America. That's also why I think dogs were present on most continents, because they evolved in Eurasia.
    exactly what i think, except i didnt think they spread "throughout africa" before moving on to the middle east. seems to the most popular theory

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A little bit of luck and some evolution.

Not really, I'm talking about what you think the origin is, not the future nor proven facts.
    Future? I was saying evolution vs. creationist thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    A little bit of luck and some evolution.
    little bit? wonder if we will ever truly know the odds and how we all won a lottery just being here.

In the beginning there were Africans. Some Africans decided to head North where they met with Neanderthals and apparently had sex with some of the better looking ones.

Then you had Egypt which has pretty much always been around, lot of stuff happened around Iraq. Meanwhile there was a lot going on in China and India too.

Rome, Christianity, Islam, Mongols.

WWI was like the next big thing, followed by WWII, Cold War to present day.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    little bit? wonder if we will ever truly know the odds and how we all won a lottery just being here.
    Yeah, he does have point, but I have to say some of our ancestors aren't exactly that far behind... just a few more subtle gene mutations and they'll get there eventually..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    In the beginning there were Africans. Some Africans decided to head North where they met with Neanderthals and apparently had sex with some of the better looking ones.

Then you had Egypt which has pretty much always been around, lot of stuff happened around Iraq. Meanwhile there was a lot going on in China and India too.

Rome, Christianity, Islam, Mongols.

WWI was like the next big thing, followed by WWII, Cold War to present day.
    Interesting fact is that dogs were the first domesticated animal and domesticated in eastern or southern Europe. Africans, Europeans and Indians all domesticated cattle from the same species, but from different subspecies. Pigs, horses and goats were domesticated in Asia and sheep were domesticated in the middle east from the mouflon. Then cats were domesticated in either Greece or Egypt (or both)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Do you mean like...black vs white vs asian vs etc?
    Humans sprang up..they reproduced, they spread out and started looking more and more different. Super condensed version?
    and now they are coming back together in a few hundred years more we wont have disguisable human races anymore

depends people have been foot racing im sure for ages, but the Datona 500 not so long.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    The 100 metres (spelt meters in US), or 100-metre dash, is a sprint race in track and field competitions. The shortest common outdoor running distance, it is one of the most popular and prestigious events in the sport of athletics. It has been contested at the Summer Olympics since 1896 for men and since 1928 for women.

The 200 metres (also spelled 200 meters) is a sprint running event. On an outdoor 400 m track, the race begins on the curve and ends on the home straight, so a combination of techniques are needed to successfully run the race. A slightly shorter race, called the stadion and run on a straight track, was the first recorded event at the ancient Olympic Games. The 200 m places more emphasis on speed endurance than shorter sprint distances as athletes rely on different energy systems during the longer sprint.

In the United States and elsewhere, athletes previously ran the 220-yard dash (201.168 m) instead of the 200 m (218.723yards), though the distance is now obsolete. The standard adjustment used for the conversion from times recorded over 220 yards to 200 m times is to subtract 0.1 seconds, but other conversion methods exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    This really looks like an attempt to get people to argue about whether races exist within humanity or not.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Alright then, the "races" that we have in humanity are the result of ancient ancestors adapting to the environments they lived in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    This really looks like an attempt to get people to argue about whether races exist within humanity or not.
    You what bro?!?

Check your privilege man!