Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Wait, is your standard "smart" or "cute"?

Kind of subjective either way.

Personally I feel kind of bad eating goat...
    Clearly because you never had one of those motherfuckers use they horns to rip 60cm long iron nail that was supposed to hold them in place, get it stuck between they horns (with sharp edge towards you) turning them into some fucked-up unicorn and then chase you around the field. When you were only 8 years old.

Im sorry, but i have zero sympathy to satan-spawn. And they have bad eyes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Dogs are part of our pack, don't eat your pack.
    A dog is part of my pack, and even she should consider herself to be on thin ice. My only hard and fast rule is that I don't eat meat that talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im sorry, but i have zero sympathy to satan-spawn. And they have bad eyes too.
    Relevant. (not really, but let's pretend.)
    Last edited by Dispraise; 2015-03-02 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    My only hard and fast rule is that I don't eat meat that talks.

He can also tell lies, express sarcasm and make jokes, as well as make fire and he even created his own technique at building stone tools. His sister could play electric keyboard and died of a cold in late of 2012. Teco (his son) displays signs comparable to autism in toddlers and is the only bonobo to ever suck his thumb like a human infant recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Many birds, including chickens, are omnivores. Most fish we eat are carnivores. Pigs are omnivores.

You get the point...
    Just like someone else before who said "But dogs are not exclusively carnivores" :

It doesn't matter what they are, but what they eat. It's irrelevant that chickens are omnivores because we don't feed them meat (at least not normally/legally).

Most fish we eat is raised in aquacultures with controlled food. Regardless, it's already known that consumers high in the aquatic food chain carry large concentrations of mercury, and should be eaten in moderation.

Nothing at all.

I say this as a dog lover. It all comes down to culture. My only problem is that the dog/other fur/meat industry = animal cruelty in handling and ways of slaughter. Would I eat dog? No. I've lived with dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and so on as close family pets and in case of dogs, my closest friends. I care much about animal welfare and only buy my chicken, pork and other meat from local producers that care for their animals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Dogs are part of our pack, don't eat your pack.
    Actually, dogs are smart enough to know that we're not of the same species.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Nothing at all.

I say this as a dog lover. It all comes down to culture. My only problem is that the dog/other fur/meat industry = animal cruelty in handling and ways of slaughter. Would I eat dog? No. I've lived with dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs and so on as close family pets and in case of dogs, my closest friends. I care much about animal welfare and only buy my chicken, pork and other meat from local producers that care for their animals.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, dogs are smart enough to know that we're not of the same species.
    Actually dogs see us in a way that no other animal sees, while cats see us as just another cat that they love. However that does not mean they're no intelligent, cats have faster levels of thinking and even excel dogs in some things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Doesn't matter, the reason people don't eat it in the USA is because its not culturally acceptable.

People eat tuna and other carnivorous fish. As long as you eat it in moderation the amount of toxins and things would be negligible.
    No it does matter a lot. Why do you think a culture is what it is? Why do you think it became unacceptable and rare for people to eat dogs (and other carnivores)? The lazy answer is: because they are cute and "intelligent". Nobody gives a flying duck about that when they are hungry and most people were hungry a lot back 1000 years ago. Bunnies are very cute and so are lambs.

Eating dog meat was more dangerous than eating other types of meat. Why take the risk when you have other food sources? Also please do not compare fish to mammals, who other eco system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never eat dog or cat meat.

Some people in the world do; it's their culture, their choice. I would be a hypocrite to condemn that as I have no problem eating other kinds of animals. The more I think about this, the more I wonder why am I not a vegetarian.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Why destroy a useful tool when you don't have to?
    In case of dogs that is true, but there were a lot more carnivores in the woods which almost nobody hunted for meat. Why? Fewer and harder to catch? Sure, but that's not the whole picture.

And then there is the fact that we eat horses, which are arguably much more important for humanity than dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    In case of dogs that is true, but there were a lot more carnivores in the woods which almost nobody hunted for meat. Why? Fewer and harder to catch? Sure, but that's not the whole picture.

And then there is the fact that we eat horses, which are arguably much more important for humanity than dogs.
    More like were important. Can't think of a task that machines haven't replaced horses in.

Horse meat is also, from what I've heard, better and cheaper than e.g. beef. Haven't tried it (knowingly) myself, but that's what I've heard. Plus I've got a few equestrian friends who actually think that horses should be eaten after they die; why waste good meat?
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Because our society is extremely hypocritical. We throw people in jail for abusing dogs yet we pay (and subsidize) those who keep chickens and cows in torturous environments.
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Feel like every time this thread comes up it's just a giant circle jerk of people trying to show how forward thinking and edgy they are for acknowledging their "culture bias" against eating dogs.

Here's a question, what's exactly right about eating dogs?
    Does it taste good? Fucking no.
    Is there some shortage on the tasty animals we already got? No.
    Does dog offer something our other animals don't? No.
    Are they sustainable to farm? Probably fucking not, don't see many farms raising carnivores.
    Is it gonna make little timmy cry? Fucking probably.

Would I gut lucky to keep my family going if they were starving, sure. I bet after a few weeks with no food he'd probably even be palatable. But otherwise, why fucking bother? Feel like this discussion is rehashing shit people 5000 years ago figured out pretty solidly, "dog = shit food, but dog = great pet/friend, dog = no eat". This is done in places like china cause strays are plentiful and problematic and people are starving. Do I give a shit if some starving Chinese are eating strays? No. Hell even if they were eating each other I'd probably only give it a passing head shake of disapproval. Am I starting to think "hey these fuckers might be onto something"? Fuck no.
    Feels like every time this topic comes up there is some idiot who thinks his culture is the only right one.
    The people who eat dog here don't do it because they are starving and lack options. They don't do it because there are too many strays and they want to cut the population. They have dog farms that raise many dogs for food just like if someone was raising chickens or pigs. Some people don't like the taste, others do.

Other cultures could make a similar chart about... pigs, or cows, so should you stop eating those just because another culture picked those as taboo?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a social cultural taboo. now about draenei meat...
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-03-03 at 12:24 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I would eat anything if I had to, but since bacon is my favorite I will stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    More like were important. Can't think of a task that machines haven't replaced horses in.

Horse meat is also, from what I've heard, better and cheaper than e.g. beef. Haven't tried it (knowingly) myself, but that's what I've heard. Plus I've got a few equestrian friends who actually think that horses should be eaten after they die; why waste good meat?
    Horse meat is delicious, but sadly it is not that common so you could buy it anywhere ;(
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2015-03-03 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochas View Post
    Feels like every time this topic comes up there is some idiot who thinks his culture is the only right one.
    The people who eat dog here don't do it because they are starving and lack options. They don't do it because there are too many strays and they want to cut the population. They have dog farms that raise many dogs for food just like if someone was raising chickens or pigs. Some people don't like the taste, others do.

Other cultures could make a similar chart about... pigs, or cows, so should you stop eating those just because another culture picked those as taboo?
    Maybe because dogs and humans share parallel genetic material... IDk...

For me it feels wrong because I like them. No other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Horse meat is delicious, but sadly it is not that common so you could buy it anywhere ;(
    I eat horse meat almost every day, not because it's low-fat and tastes good, but because it's cheap. Come at me bro!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd try dog for sure.
    I would never eat cat though. Like cats too much.

Culture and sentimentality pretty much.

If I got the chance to try it I probably would. I eat anything as long as it tastes good and doesn't get me sick afterwards. I've tried all kinds of strange foods, some of them good, some of them awful.

Sometimes I buy horse entrecôte and it's heavenly good on the grill. It's very dark and tender. When I tell people I eat horse meat regularly they look at me as if I was the devil. One time I cooked horse meat on the grill for my friends. They all very much enjoyed it. I told them the day after it was horse meat and one of them got mad but the other 5 said that they would eat it again. I was going to tell them before serving that it was horse in that particular plate but I forgot (I had pig and beef too).

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post

Well countries that breed horses for food certainly don't waste them. But I would definitely not eat a dead horse that comes from i.e horseraces. If not raised to be eaten then most dead horses will be unsuitable to be eaten due to the way we use them and what that use entrails.

As a general rule you shouldn't eat predators. Dogs, cats, PIGS.. etc. Meat eaters are much more likely to have diseases.

I know a couple of people that had dog while in Asia(both didn't know until after they had it) and both liked it up until they where told what they ate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post

Don't want to derail but this is flat out wrong.