Upgrading CPU/RAM

I've had my computer for about 4 years now and while playing games I am not able to run other programs without effecting the performance of the game. It also doesn't alt-tab in and out of the game very smoothly a lot of the time.

I am thinking upgrading either my processor, RAM, or both.

Here is my current motherboard, cpu, and ram.

Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45
    Processor: Intel i3 2100
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB

I wonder if and which I should and can upgrade. I know I should be able upgrade my memory. Is it possible to upgrade my processor to the i5/i7 version and is it possible to even find those anymore?

Also if I do upgrade my memory to 6 or 8GB, is it better to just add one or two more 2GB sticks or should I replace my current 2GB x2 with two 4GB stick or does it not matter?

Deleted
    You already got a thread open about this. I would suggest stick to it.

Agreed with above try not to make duplicate threads

I asked in your other thread what problems you were having, seems alt tabbing and multitasking is your issue? And i3-2100 isnt the problem here, it has plenty of juice left in it. The cheapest thing you could try is adding another 4gigs of memory, and yes ideally you would want a matching set of ram as your motherboard does has 4 dimm slots.

Can you post the exact ram kit you have? I am not aware of a program that can identify the exact model of ram you have, best way to do this is open up your case and find the model number on the ram, should be on a sticker.

Thats the first thing id try to see if it fixes your problems, aside from an OS re-install : )