Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use to play games 5-8 hours day especially while raiding in MMOs from 2000-2015. I've given up the static raid groups though and now I only play 2 to 3 hours a day. Lately though, I've been playing FFXIV for 4+ hours a day sometimes.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I go through phases I can go weeks where it's all I want to do get in 3-4 a night, other times I can go weeks with playing, maybe getting and 1 or 2 a week.

Deleted
    For me, MMOs are more addicting than single player games, as I have friends to play with. I think my friends and the social aspect of games pull me back!

If someone said to me "you have to give up video games forever because I said so" I would be ticked off, but I can easily go, say, a week without them.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I do a lot of things while playing games. I check websites, fiances, and forums (this one included). I also do housework, fix meals, take care of my disabled children, and do my crafts while gaming at the same time. So, for me, it's about an average of 10 hours a day, but it's not just gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say that I'm addicted though, as I can easily stop and focus on other things whenever. So, I'm not sure how addictive they are.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

When I was a kid i would easily play games for 6-8 hours a day with little to no interruption. The heavy hitters for me were Oblivion for xbox 360, Halo 2, Knights of the Old Republic 1&2, battlefront 1&2, Conker's bad fur day live and reloaded mp, counter strike for xbox, Animal Crossing for gamecube, Super smash Bros and Melee.

I was playing oblivion 4 or more hours a day still after doing pretty much every quest in the game but I was getting bored and then along came world of warcraft. I stayed inside all summer that year... played WOW 7 hours a day or more. When it was time to get back to school my eyes hurt from looking at a monitor so much eye strain galore.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2015-10-02 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I do a lot of things while playing games. I check websites, fiances, and forums (this one included). I also do housework, fix meals, take care of my disabled children, and do my crafts while gaming at the same time. So, for me, it's about an average of 10 hours a day, but it's not just gaming.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say that I'm addicted though, as I can easily stop and focus on other things whenever. So, I'm not sure how addictive they are.
    Wow, your a superhero. wd.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    On a scale from 0 to 10...24

Right up there in first place of addictiveness, possibly second to fruitless arguing on forums. (So many wrong people. We've all been there at some point.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be able to play for long when I was younger, nowadays? Not so much...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I used to be able to play for long when I was younger, nowadays? Not so much...
    Yep, have to convince myself to push through them these days, even if I'm legitimately enjoying it. The number of games I have sitting there waiting for me to play them is horrifying.

Ive been addicted to videos games since I was 13 and I am 30 now... wife, kid, job I still find time dunno If i will ever stop...

- - - Updated - - -

To add ontop of that I even played wow while I was deployed to afghanistan lol Woke up at 3am just to raid with my guild

I played at release for a few weeks then I wait for the next expansion, so I guess i'm not addicted at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    i sort of used to be. but now i'm starting to get burned out. spending way more time doing other things.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Two-three hours a day, and at least 10 over a weekend.

its about as addicting as any stress reliever, just newer then the age old vices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Anymore I spend less than 10 hours a week playing games.

Mentally addicting, but not physically. Different people are susceptible at different levels. It is a new escape for a new generation, but I don't think it's bad at all.

Deleted
    They can be very addictive. I spend about 4-5 hours a day in HS/WoW or Wildstar and I know there were times were I was playing about 10 hours during Wotlk that was. It definately feels better playing less. I felt as if I hadn't anything better to do than playing.
    Nowadays work in my home gets done more frequent and I'm going outside a bit more
    edit: I remember talking to real addicted people and they were telling me things I couldn't believe and it made me realize I wasn't really addicted to playing. I wasn't the one with a bucket below my desk and eating milk and cornflakes only.
    Last edited by mmoc101213c0c0; 2015-12-02 at 11:15 AM.

I used to be incredibly addicted to video games but now in my later age of 31, I am almost depressed that I can't get into gaming much any more...

There comes a point, especially with these giant blockbuster games, where I can't see the "fantasy" of the game any more, and I just see the systems and how they work...

I don't know. I wish I could still be excited about them... it's sad...