Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Buying gold is only legal with these tokens. I hope you stay delusional and get banned from a 3rd party purchase.
    As long as you are going with a trusted 3rd party that is either buying gold from players or farming it up themselves is not much different then buying tokens except it is actually giving a job to someone that actually needs it. The only thing the tokens are doing is possibly upsetting the economy as it is now by adding a million+ new people now trying to farm for gold to buy tokens. If no one thinks that is going to make some major changes to the economy of the game you are delusional. Blizzard has basically has given the gold sellers license to sell gold now as they are now undertaking the practice themselves, IMO.

I would like to see the tokens pulled before they are added, if it is not broke don't fix it. This could be really bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedis View Post
    The key here is that, for the most part, no gold is entering or leaving the economy.
    There is going to be a masive influx of gold entering the economy if this comes to pass as millions will amp up farming to earn gold. They will add more toons to do more missions for gold, they will run more instances and raids to get gold, they dump a lot of things on the AH early to try and get gold that way as well. I expect you will see a lot more pets, BOE's, etc etc and the price is going to bottom out due to overwhelming supply(and people being stingy and not wanting to spend there gold that is now worth rl money). I do not think they should have a real life money component assigned to game money, it takes the fun out of the game. I do not want to think that I spend 5 dollars buying a pet I was looking for, I don't care about in game money but I do care about real life money. If a few people want to step outside the game and buy it, fine, it is not killing the economy as it is and there trusted sellers out there... I just hope this token thing doesn't come to pass.

There is going to be a masive influx of gold entering the economy if this comes to pass as millions will amp up farming to earn gold. They will add more toons to do more missions for gold, they will run more instances and raids to get gold, they dump a lot of things on the AH early to try and get gold that way as well. I expect you will see a lot more pets, BOE's, etc etc and the price is going to bottom out due to overwhelming supply(and people being stingy and not wanting to spend there gold that is now worth rl money). I do not think they should have a real life money component assigned to game money, it takes the fun out of the game. I do not want to think that I spend 5 dollars buying a pet I was looking for, I don't care about in game money but I do care about real life money. If a few people want to step outside the game and buy it, fine, it is not killing the economy as it is and there trusted sellers out there... I just hope this token thing doesn't come to pass.
    I doubt you'll see that many people focus on farming significant amounts of gold more than they used to. Note that selling things on the AH doesn't add gold to the economy. All sales on the AH are player to player, so like these tokens, selling stuff on the AH just moves gold around, it doesn't create it. In fact, the AH tends to serve as a gold sink, since the AH takes a cut of the proceeds.

Also, on average, raids are a deficit rather than a gain (bosses grant about 10g per kills at the moment, where a single death is worth 20-30g in repairs. 3-4 deaths each and the raid breaks even or loses money on a full BRF clear). Most of the income from instances comes from the daily for it, and that's, well, daily. Same with the weekly for LFRs.

You might see some additional farming (quests, missions, old raids, additional LFG/LFR runs, etc), but the cost of these tokens is likely going to be out of reach of casual farming, and most people are just going to write off the concept of paying for their subscription in gold. On the flip side, those that can afford to buy tokens to supplement their in-game cash will likely stop all attempts at farming gold beyond the extremely low-effort options like follower missions. It'll balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by bocaop View Post
    As long as you are going with a trusted 3rd party that is either buying gold from players or farming it up themselves is not much different then buying tokens except it is actually giving a job to someone that actually needs it.
    You keep saying trusted site as if there are sites that legally sell gold and can be trusted. There are no such sites. It's nice that you trust certain gold sellers, but you can still get banned for buying from them and they can still screw you over and Blizzard won't help you. Buying gold from other players via Blizzard is safe and easy and no one in there right mind would risk buying from 3rd parties once the tokens are in.

If you are out of game time and want to purchase a token, how will you be able to access the auction house?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalthea13 View Post
    If you are out of game time and want to purchase a token, how will you be able to access the auction house?
    Its already confirmed you need no active Account. You can always login with a <Level20 Char even if you Gametime is over.

So I bought one from my character screen... Now how do I consume it when I cant log onto my characters??