Deleted

Lightbulb Question about WoW Tokens, Gold Farmers, and the Economy

First off, I haven't been playing WoW for some time now, the last I played was early Pandaria.
    I am very poor at mathematical thinking, so I want to ask a few maths wizards out there some questions regarding how the new token system affects gold farming, and black market gold prices.

1. Will Blizzard's original token price (from the in-game store, real currency, $ or €) be fixed, or will it fluctuate according to server-wide gold within the economy?

2. Will the resale price of a WoW Token vary according to gold within a server's economy? How does this work?

3. If the answer to 2 is yes and the original token price is fixed, then wouldn't this make WoW tokens dodgy, in the sense that they are only as valuable as the health of the economy? What would happen on dead / dying servers?

4. I just checked a black market gold website. It currently lists the price of 30,000 gold on the EU server I used to play on as €19.50. So, if the original token price is €19.50 and sells for less than 30,000 as determined by Blizzard, wouldn't it be more worth it to buy gold illegally?

5. How does this affect the gold prices (both black market and WoW token-wise)? Does it effectively stabilize them?

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc699dddf06b; 2015-03-03 at 02:15 AM. Reason: formatting

It will fluctuate based on supply of and demand for the tokens.

Lots of demand and fewer tokens available = market price goes up
    Lots of tokens and not much demand = market price goes down.

The amount of gold in the economy doesn't really change, it just shifts from one player to another. But yeah, I'd imagine it would set a ceiling for what black market gold sellers are able to sell their gold for. I doubt it'll put them out of business or anything, but it'll hurt them, and even if they end up slightly cheaper I'd imagine there'll be a lot of people who'd rather do it through legit channels than run the risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm annoyed, that it won't be possible to take a chunk of MY gametime (e.g. 3 days) and create a token, that I can give/sell to a friend..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'm annoyed, that it won't be possible to take a chunk of MY gametime (e.g. 3 days) and create a token, that I can give/sell to a friend..
    blizzard can't make money like that. they'll likely set the irl currency token price at a few euro/dollar/rub higher than a standard sub

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

There's currently already active threads for this topic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..