2s afflic warlock

As playing a afflic warlock in 2s, do I want to maintain my dots on both of them or just maintain on the one I'm focusing and channel them?

Deleted
    I'd say on both all the time, you're not gonna burst people down as an afflliction warlock, basically you wanna deal as much dmg as you can and then when dampening starts to really kick in wear them down

Ya that's what I was leaning towards, cheers for the input

10+ Year Old Account
    What comp do you play?

SL+GoSac .... Void Walker is the default (special + all healing for a big heal) .... Puppy for double caster as x2 silence is amazing ....

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2460/wa...ishing-returns

Fear / Howl of Terror: Disorients
    Blood Horror / Death Coil: Incapicitate
    Shadowfury : Stun

Druid would Cyclone DR with Fear / HoT while Hex is a Incapacitate so as a Warlock you do not spec into Blood Horror or Death Coil and go with a rShaman for no DR's other than stun which considering CD is actually ok...

Haven't played 2's much on my lock but did have some fun games with Ret+Aff...Went down really fast against a couple coms (for example warrior+Disco and BrM comps) but in general was fun.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2015-03-04 at 08:23 AM.

Awesome cheers for the help

Deleted
    Haven't played arenas in a while - is a lot of the strategy basically waiting for dampening to kick in? sounds awesome. (I am not flaming, just trying to understand the state of arena).

Deleted
    While keeping your dots on both enemies was a viable strategy back in earlier extension, my experience is that it is now better to focus your pressure on one target, which in healer + dd comps is usually the dd.

Now that fear breaks a lot earlier if you have dots on the target your dots just don't do enough pressure on their own to make a healer sweat. A much more succesful strategy is currently to put dots only on the enemy DPS and Drain Soul him as much as possible, while fearing the healer. This is especially true with a Resto Shaman partner who can apply additional pressure on the dps with purges. Putting the healer into a CC chain with 2x fear, 1x shadowfury or something like that is often worth more pressure than dotting up both targets. Most smart healers will also hug pillars a lot and its not really easy to actually keep dots on them.

With a Druid as a partner he can Cyclone the healer. But dots will not do damage through Cyclone so your pressure is still wasted and you are better off just using Drain Soul as much as possible on the DPS.

And yes, as Affliction with a healer you will end up in dampening 90% of the time (sometimes even against 2xDPS teams). And even then, the strategy does not change. You keep high pressure on the DPS as your main target to force the healer into LOS. Then fear the healer and try to get a CC chain going.