Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just Spent Twenty Minutes Losing in a BG - No Loot Whatsoever; Not Even a Lockbox...

Exactly as the title said; I just spent twenty minutes losing horribly in Twin Peaks, a 0-3 loss, with absolutely no honor. Not even a bronze box.

What? Isn't losing supposed to like, at least give you a bronze box to make up for the time spent?

If you lose 0-3 you get 50 honor. Thats it. You get boxes on the performance. 1-3 Is bronze I believe. 2-3 silver i think.
    Just like rbg rewards conq to losing teams depending how bad they lost. Lose barely and get a decent reward. Lose 0-3 in flag bgs, get nothing.

edit: actually could be somewhat off on rewards, even on rbg conq losses. But thats the general way they worked. Havent played in a while.
    Last edited by Sonicator; 2015-03-03 at 07:57 AM.
    Fear makes people weak. Fear is my friend.
    Twitch.tv

15+ Year Old Account
    No, you lost. Try harder next time.

Ive lost mines 800-1500 2 times in a row and got nothing, very annoying on a new 100 who cant influence a outcome for shit due to dying in 5 globals with defensives popped.

Deleted
    Kind of strange how Blizzard has promoted the attitude that you should get rewarded for losing in PvP

They should just add MMR to random BGs so you don't get matched against enemies with far better gear than you and grant NO REWARD AT ALL to the losing team (aside the honor from kills/objectives).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    No, you lost. Try harder next time.
    Or at least leave the bg sooner.

15 min deserter is much better than working your ass off only to lose. Besides, if you leave early, that debuff might come off as soon as that bg ended for the other guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    Kind of strange how Blizzard has promoted the attitude that you should get rewarded for losing in PvP

They should just add MMR to random BGs so you don't get matched against enemies with far better gear than you and grant NO REWARD AT ALL to the losing team (aside the honor from kills/objectives).
    This, pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    This, pretty much.
    No, not "this, pretty much"

If they remove all rewards from losing, people will just bail at the first hint they are going to lose, no point trucking it up for nothing.

If they add MMR, then players who played for longer will have very long queues as the system will attempt to match them with other players of similar ratings, and there are not that many dedicated pvp-ers compared to casuals and pve-ers. Remember the twink-only bg fiasco? Twinks who had frozen their XP gain were placed with same kind of players and got huge queues because, "shockingly", there weren't really that many twinks overall.

Deleted
    A random battleground is random. If you want to be matched up with people with the same gear/experience, you should do arena's or rated battlegrounds. And losing should NOT reward you anything. Why would it? Blizzard has been way too generous already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual BG's are at a point where they need a captcha to enter.

But if you lose, you lose, it's that simple.

If you want organization and/or the much higher likelihood that people aren't stupid or a bot, then play rated.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2015-03-03 at 11:23 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    We've come a long way from having to patiently wait for the weekly honor hand out, to being annoyed you didn't get a shiny reward from being stomped 3-0 in a 20min bg..mhmmmm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    We've come a long way from having to patiently wait for the weekly honor hand out, to being annoyed you didn't get a shiny reward from being stomped 3-0 in a 20min bg..mhmmmm.
    Or you can use that bot thing since Blizzard is obviously unaware botting is problem in bgs...or what a bot actually is.

Just bot like the rest of your team was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    No, not "this, pretty much"

If they remove all rewards from losing, people will just bail at the first hint they are going to lose, no point trucking it up for nothing.

If they add MMR, then players who played for longer will have very long queues as the system will attempt to match them with other players of similar ratings, and there are not that many dedicated pvp-ers compared to casuals and pve-ers. Remember the twink-only bg fiasco? Twinks who had frozen their XP gain were placed with same kind of players and got huge queues because, "shockingly", there weren't really that many twinks overall.
    This, if we are behind and we know that we can still get a silver box if we are just a bit better we will keep fighting, if you tell me that with my bunch of 220k health people we have to suffer through a 20 min 99% loss or just give up and lose in 2 minutes 100% then im always going for the 2 minute one.

I dont bg to win i do it for honour if im undergeared or very rarely for fun when i am geared. Competetive bgs, while fun, are very very rare and have the worst honour per hour of everything. Grinding out honour was fun with the first 100, ok with the second one but now its juts obnoxious, spend 8 hours to be able to start spending 10 hours on the conquest cap to still be behind other people when you can start to play for real is just bad game desig (worst case numbers). Its better then it was in mop though, but it still is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post

The only reward the OP (and other people) would want is the gear to put them on equel footing with the opponents. It's not like they want a gladiator mount for losing at 1500 rating. It's no fun being shit geared and staying shit geared. Aside from that the only way you'll win BGs (with a decent winrate) is with 1-3 geared people to carry the bots/idiots in that make up the rest of your team.

As for MMR, it'd ramp up que times even more.

OT: Just do Ashran... Ever since 6.1 it seems lockboxes are guarenteed for every event, killing fangraal/kronus and I even think I got one for korlok? Anyway, they're almost literally throwing the gear your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The abover are also subject to any honorable kills. A 3 flag or 1500 point (win in any case) also awards 150 CP for first game of the daily reset and 75 CP for every other win in that daily reset.
    It's just consistently 50 CP per win now? Since appearently gearing from BGs was too easy.
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2015-03-03 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you feel that you need to be rewarded for losing?

Welcome to PVP pre WOD. I mean you used to get maybe 30-50 honor on a loss on average. So I don't see how this is any different than any other Xpac?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The games are broken like this

500 pts = bronze box
    1000 pts = silver box
    1500 pts = gold box

Flag games

0 flags = 50 honor
    1 flags = bronze box
    2 flags = silver box
    3 flags = gold box

The abover are also subject to any honorable kills. A 3 flag or 1500 point (win in any case) also awards 150 CP for first game of the daily reset and 75 CP for every other win in that daily reset.
    You sure about this? It used to be like that in MOP. In WoD, the CP gains have been nerfed - more like 50 CP per win from random BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    It's just consistently 50 CP per win now? Since appearently gearing from BGs was too easy.
    Ok sorry, beat me to it.

Deleted
    If you do anything in this game just for the reward instead of doing it because its fun its really just bad design. I can't even see the reason for random BGs anymore if people just do it to gear up for "the real stuff".

Another idea I could come up with is to just remove the 660 ilvl tier of PvP gear (no idea why they even introduced that), make all leveling gear scale up to ilvl 660 instead of 650 and introduce a max ilvl of 675 in random BGs, so purple gear gets downscaled from 690 to 675.

Honestly, what is the reason of doing random BGs if you only get stomped in your bad leveling gear, and once you have the gear that actually makes you competitive in random BGs you don't even do them anymore because you did them just to gear up in the first place.

To sum it up: The potential difference in ilvl is just too big in random BGs. If you can't solve it via MMR (because I can see the point that queue times will increase a lot), just squash the ilvl differences more.

Deleted
    Last night, me and my guild spent 4 hours wiping on a mythic boss in BRF, and we received no loot, no gold, no compensation at all (at least some small, tiny epic would do, like bracers, or a ring)! Do you think we should contact customer support?