Potential computer issue? Help needed.

Hey guys, today my monitor display went blank even though there was still power to it, so I had to hard shut down my computer with the power button. When I did that and tried to turn it back on, it would boot up, and then shut itself down again after 10 seconds or so. This happened about two more times, and the whole time the monitor would have no display on it even though there was power to it as the LED light was orange instead of the usual blue.

It's finally back on now and my monitor seems to be fine, but I'm wondering if this was a hiccup or should I try to delve deeper and see if this is leading into a serious complication? How would I go about to check what the cause is if so? Any help appreciated, thanks.

If the computer shuts down during booting then its a hardware issue most likely. It could also be USB or a failing PSU.
    If it happens again, reseat the hardware to make sure it is attached correctly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your graphics card isn't overheating, attempt to establish an air flux inside your pc case, taking fresh air from the front bottom of your case and expelling it from the back

Hey thanks for the reply. It happened again and after some testing, it looks like one of the stick of rams is borked. I just got this ram like 6 months ago though, are they suppose to break that fast?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply. It happened again and after some testing, it looks like one of the stick of rams is borked. I just got this ram like 6 months ago though, are they suppose to break that fast?
    RAMs usually doesn't break at all. So if you remove that memory stick everything works fine then?
    See if you have a warranty on the memory stick still, otherwise buy a new one, since they arn't very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    RAMs usually doesn't break at all. So if you remove that memory stick everything works fine then?
    See if you have a warranty on the memory stick still, otherwise buy a new one, since they arn't very expensive.
    Yeah, as soon as I removed that stick of ram it's fine now. I did some memory test and I was getting errors with that stick. I will get a new stick of ram but I'm curious since my last stick of ram went bad too before I bought this one - is it possible my motherboard or something is spoiling my ram?

Sorry about all the questions but I'm not good with tech stuff at all.