10+ Year Old Account

Warglaive drop chance increase?

So I was watching Towelliee's stream last week while he farmed the music tokens for the Garrison jukebox and I noticed that he got the mainhand glaive when he killed Illidan.

The next day, i went into BT on my rogue (I've been farming the glaives for a long time) and I got the mainhand as well. I went back to BT when I woke up today for reset and the OFFHAND dropped too!

Maybe I'm super lucky + seeing Towelliee got it was just a coincidence, but I thought I would mention it incase there has been a stealth change.

1) why would they change it
    2) they havent changed it
    3) rng is rng
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Glaives (and the Sunwell Bow) have always had high drop chances in regards to legendary weapons... about 4%.

When doing Black Temple, don't forget to bring a towel.

Small sample size + rng = not enough info to go on. Unless they announce the droprate changed, I doubt it did.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Glaives (and the Sunwell Bow) have always had high drop chances in regards to legendary weapons... about 4%.
    this

my guild back in TBC...we had like 13 glaives drop for us farming it during tbc.

Deleted
    Not personally. I'm up to 55 kills on my rogue seeing 4 mainhands.. On the 53rd week I my first run on my druid to get the blindfold and got the offhand on there... Sad

Towelliee is your lucky charm.

Buy a lottery ticket.

I got the main hand warglaive on my warrior 2 weeks ago to complete the set and got the off hand on my rogue yesterday to complete the set. It was a shocker.
    I was probably returning video tapes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, those Warglaives seem to have a decent chance of dropping anyway. Got both within 6 weeks, and that's hardly a OMGLUCK story by now. It's purely aesthetic now as well, so I don't think there's any reason someone at Blizzard would think "yeah I think glaives aren't dropping enough, let's give the small percentage of players farming it a better shot at it".

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me three runs to get my pair before MoP launched - I think sometimes you can just get lucky or unlucky, as with everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it's complete luck/RNG too, and most certainly anecdotal, but my first glaive (after perhaps 100 kills across all chars) dropped this weekend too.