Beastlord mythic help

we got to beastlord last night, had a few tries, but i am having trouble getting passed 45k DPS on that fight, while i see other warlocks getting 60k easily

i am dooming almost all the spears, sometimes corruption, 2 chaos waves on the adds that spawn and running with service/servitude

any help or few tricks would be appreciated. thanks
    Be feared, or be fuel

Use Cataclysm if you want big dick numbers

but the person i saw doing ~60k was service/servitude

arent the spears a bit random to always hit a large number to spread doom, or should i use them on the small adds ?
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Only CW with DS, else use HoG.

Put up Dooms 1x a minute or something, same for corruption, when you refresh on the boss, do the same for the spears.
    At least I refresh Doom on a few spears when I just used CW or spend some time in Meta with proccs.
    Else be sure to use your Doomguard (from Service) on a target which lives long enough for it's full duration to dps.

Elsewise, can you provide a log of a serv/servi log with 60k+ parse ? The only way I can get 60k/70k is if I can take Cata and use it on every 2/3th add wave and hit most of em.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post

arent the spears a bit random to always hit a large number to spread doom, or should i use them on the small adds ?
    You should always at least be Corruption'ing the spears under most circumstances.

DPS numbers are pretty irrelevant on this fight as it mostly comes down to how big your slice of the aoe pie is. May more attention to mount/boss damage.

Yep on 1st kill had about 33k dps, but 13mil on boss. When your guild starts to kill this boss easily, with 4 healers, then you can take cata and beat the sh-t out of it

AOE and looking good on the meters shouldn't be your priority on this fight as a warlock because the pack beasts will die to classes like Fire Mages and Boomkins who don't have to sacrifice practically any of their single target damage in order to kill them efficiently. Unless you're actively going for a parse (which you shouldn't be on your first kill.), any AOE DPS you do to the Pack Beasts as demo is eating chunks out of your single target because you're sacrificing potential fury generation (and your single target talents depending on if you're running Cataclysm) for burst damage on adds that will otherwise melt in seconds from other classes.

Just focus on your boss damage while tossing out DoT's on the spears. The faster the pets he mounts die, the less damage your tanks will take which will put less strain on your healers.
    Last edited by Pockitt; 2015-03-04 at 07:48 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2xnWrAabbU
    I made a video where I clarify how to exactly do DPS on this fight. If you want to play allround (Do great dps on spears, great dps on adds & also great dps on beastlord)

Thank you all so much.

I ofcourse wanted to focus on boss, since the extra adds were being cleaved down very fast, since we got a heavy melee set up, but a few people were complaining, and some people dont really listen, all they wanna see is numbers.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I had complaints from my rg that I was focussing too much on the AE part. However when I switched to Serv/Serv I did at most double the damage on mounts and BL, which was still bottom/middle of the dps on those targets, and way waaay less cleave and AE damage. And as a consequence pack-adds didn't die fast enough and just ate through tank CD's and healer mana.

I switched back to Syn/Cata and we proceeded to kill after that. Basically it all depends on the makeup of your group what role you need to fulfill. If you're in a group with 3 Moonkins you probably don't even want to bother with spears as those will just melt.

As for how to dps with Cata spec; Cataclysm on boss/mount/pack when they're piled up every other pack wave. Keep Doom and Corr up on all spears if they stay up that long, and make sure to use Cata in casterform to get even more Corr ticks in. It's all Fury for CW and procs for SF use.
    If you have 4-set the amount of Corr ticks means you can easily get 3-4 Chaos Waves on every pack. Time those like Cata when boss and mount are with the pack. I only used HoG near the end of the fight when we kept Spears down religiously so I wasn't getting much Fury income from those.
    I kept Felstorm for the packs that didn't get Cataclysm. Probably not the most optimal use, but it was needed in my group.

I don't know if HoG is worth it if you don't have DS up. I didn't need it for fury for half the fight and we needed burst AE on the pack due to a slightly undergeared tank. HoG damage isn't as high as CW as far as I know, but I haven't simcrafted it recently. I also only ended up rank 138/1135 with my 63k, so higher ranked people probably know some better tacts.

Mostly I don't even bother casting HoG on that fight. Chaos Wave does so much more damage and fury is never an issue. Maybe for Clefthoof phase and beyond to push boss, but even then I still have tons of fury.

Deleted

You're talking about hitting spears to "spread doom", you're not trying to use Cata on spears are you? That's for using in conjunction with CW to become a one man bestiality machine on every other add pack, you can melt the hell outa them. Depends how much your raid can use the AOE though.

Spears are for manually doting.

we got to beastlord last night, had a few tries, but i am having trouble getting passed 45k DPS on that fight, while i see other warlocks getting 60k easily

i am dooming almost all the spears, sometimes corruption, 2 chaos waves on the adds that spawn and running with service/servitude

any help or few tricks would be appreciated. thanks
    You'll find it hard to pad enough to compete with those higher parses without the 4p, the extra 1-3 CW per add wave is the difference.

Don't compare yourself to the top parse, to get #1 you need excellent gear, perfect play, a strategy designed around maximizing your DPS, good RNG, etc.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...pec=Demonology

50th percentile is 45k, right where you're at. If you pull 48k you'd be beating 75% of demo locks killing the fight. If you're just starting mythic now, that's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    50th percentile is 45k, right where you're at. If you pull 48k you'd be beating 75% of demo locks killing the fight. If you're just starting mythic now, that's pretty good.
    Thats Flamebender, for Beastlord 50k looks like the consistent 50th percentile.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    You'll find it hard to pad enough to compete with those higher parses without the 4p, the extra 1-3 CW per add wave is the difference.
    ^ This.

I was given add duty (yay me). However, w/o the 4pc tier bonus, I was struggling to top 50k on every attempt. Demo AOE just doesn't sync well with that fight w/o the third HoG stack. Nuked the hell out of adds with cata and felstorm, but dps drastically dropped when those two abilities were on cooldown, and two stacks of CW just wasn't enough.

I swapped to destro (using go sac and CR) and ended up performing a lot better, averaging 55-60k on every attempt. Didn't kill him that night however; got him below 10%.

As others said, your job is mainly dooming/cor spears and maximizing single target dps. Any decent guilds will analyze the single target dps on the fight.

Go Serv/Serv is boss on the fight. Double Doomguards when burning the animals and especially the last 20% of Beastmaster is a must.

Well, most of the fights in BRF promote whoring. I like whoring (as most of us do) but not in progression. Our other warlock loves CW and Cataclysm so much that is not even funny. And I am not the kind of guy who will criticize other's dubious way of doing damage. Anyway.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.