Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    From Seattle twitter:

"The #Mariners are out of a jam with your standard 1-3-6-2-5 caught stealing."

Was funny to watch as well.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mariners need to stop with the throw back nights. Last year was a train wreck and this year Felix hurt his ankle and completely lost command of anything.

My ChiSox are finally starting to play up to their potential; we'll see how long they can keep this going. I didn't expect KC to stay this strong either from last year and with everyone that they lost.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Miami fires their manager and gets their GM to take over the job even though he hasn't managed above high school. I guess they didn't want to be paying another manager since they're still paying Guillen and Redmond.

The way Loria runs things in Miami makes McCourt in LA look not so bad, and makes me think contraction wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Miami fires their manager and gets their GM to take over the job even though he hasn't managed above high school. I guess they didn't want to be paying another manager since they're still paying Guillen and Redmond.

The way Loria runs things in Miami makes McCourt in LA look not so bad, and makes me think contraction wouldn't be a terrible idea.
    The new manager thing is definitely weird, but most people thought Miami had a decent team going into the season, at least wildcard capable (since they're in the same division as the Nats). Seems like they've just run into some bad luck and underperformed a little bit. They have almost the same record as the Phillies, one less loss, yet their run differential is -8 while Philly is -53. A single winning streak can seemingly correct any problems that they appear to have (see White Sox right now).

This trend of giving manager jobs to guys with zero experience will hopefully stop soon, or maybe it just shows that managers aren't all that important.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2015-05-18 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wada taking Wood's spot in the rotation and Wood to the bullpen with 1 save already, hopefully this works out, Coke and Schlitter got lit up anytime they went in. Strop needs to be next.

And apparently, Giancarlo has had 8 different managers in his 6 years in the league lol Just keep hitting bombs and making that 325 mill youngster, you winnin' life.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like Ryu is gonna have season ending shoulder surgery, not that his season ever began. Wonder how much Amaro still expects to get for Hamels.

10+ Year Old Account
    M's ship a pitcher to the cubs for a sub par defensive catcher.

They don't realize that Lord Farhquar is shitting the bed harder than Zunino.

Win the Harvey start 2-1, lose the other 2 games 19-2... Yep, my Mets are who we thought they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I like that there was this article 6 days ago about the Dodgers offense being on a record pace (http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...historic-level), and then they scored 2 runs in their last 5 games, including the last 3 being shutout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumgardner hit a hr off kershaw, the first time a reigning World Series mvp hit a home run off a reigning league mvp lol
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Punchless Braves lineup helps Kershaw get back on track tonight.

Oh, and Ruben Amaro Jr. was kind enough to clear things up, apparently he isn't an idiot, everyone else is.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Uribe is getting dealt to the Braves, no official word yet.

He got pushed out of the lineup by hot hitters plus there is a new Cuban 3B on the way.

Even off the bench Uribe wasn't getting many chances since between Guerrero and Turner, whichever wasn't playing 3rd was also better as PH, Guerrero has 3 HR off the bench. Uribe got off to a terrible start as a Dodger but bounced back and was a big contributor and clubhouse favorite the past few years. Sorry to see him go but it was inevitable with the number of players at the position.
    Last edited by draynay; 2015-05-27 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cano ate at a Cajun restaurant in Tampa Bay and has the shits, Paxton's finger fell off. As soon as you get to .500 things go to shit I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Cano ate at a Cajun restaurant in Tampa Bay and has the shits, Paxton's finger fell off. As soon as you get to .500 things go to shit I guess.
    As someone that used to work in a restaraunt in st. Pete, the health inspections there are.... Lax to say the least. Poor cano
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felix perfect through 3, starts raining, nobody realized they have a retractable roof, now the mound is a mud pile and Felix can't find the strike zone.

kek

https://twitter.com/DodgersUmp/statu...70742776938496

hall of shame
    Last edited by Vetali; 2015-06-02 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umpires have it out for the Dodgers since they've been complaining so much.

The only real valid complaint was when AJ Ellis got ejected arguing with an ump who criticized his "presentation" basically saying that the Ump knew it was a strike but called it a ball because he didn't think AJ "sold" it enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Joc Pederson hit a 480 foot homer, longest in the majors this year, he has homered in 4 straight, and has the longest average distance on his homers. Guerrero hits a PH grandslam, his 4th PH HR this year.

A great start spoiled again by Fernando Rodney. He's already given up as many homers as he did last year, and he's 2/3rds of the way to last year's earned run total. I know he isn't known for 1-2-3 innings, but a 6.75 ERA and .300 BA against so far this season are just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    A great start spoiled again by Fernando Rodney. He's already given up as many homers as he did last year, and he's 2/3rds of the way to last year's earned run total. I know he isn't known for 1-2-3 innings, but a 6.75 ERA and .300 BA against so far this season are just ridiculous.
    Funny, like a week ago I was defending him against a friend. Now though? Might be time to start splitting saves with Carson Smith.

Here is Zunino and Lloyd McClendon getting tossed last night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I was worried too, but went 1-2-3.

https://twitter.com/RodneyExpress

- - - Updated - - -

Nelson Cruz is just unreal. What in the world.
    Looks like you were worried about Fernando back in April!

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/RodneyExpress/st...504960/photo/1

"Looking at myself in the mirror"

LOL!
    You're a towel.