Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Cruz and Weeks are looking like really solid additions already.

Time for the Dodgers to tear us up though.
    you guys are gonna miss Kershaw and Greinke and might even get some sort of rubbish bullpen game because there isn't really a 5th starter around so I wouldn't panic too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    you guys are gonna miss Kershaw and Greinke and might even get some sort of rubbish bullpen game because there isn't really a 5th starter around so I wouldn't panic too much.
    Kershaw has given up 3+ earned runs in each of his starts so far, might actually want to get him while the season is young and he seems a bit out of sorts :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    We might not have a good 5th option here either. Walker shit the bed his first start. Not worried about Paxton and Kuma too much. Just hope our bats show up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Lol that was strange. Showed a flashback from last year, same dang play basically.

I was expecting the twins to be bad, but jesus christ! I'm glad I switched my allegiances for the time being.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    oops the Braves forgot to trade somebody

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitfuck I was really worried when I heard Tom Wilhelmsen hurt his elbow. His teammate ran into him while he was loosening up during stretches. 15 day DL vs what I thought was season ending at first lol.

Though McClendon did say Rodney, Farquhar and Medina aren't available tonight vs Dodgers. 6 games in and peeps already getting worn down? Sheeit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Shitfuck I was really worried when I heard Tom Wilhelmsen hurt his elbow. His teammate ran into him while he was loosening up during stretches. 15 day DL vs what I thought was season ending at first lol.

Though McClendon did say Rodney, Farquhar and Medina aren't available tonight vs Dodgers. 6 games in and peeps already getting worn down? Sheeit.
    Reminds me of when the Dodgers opened the season with 8 starting pitchers and were still making emergency spot-start call-ups before the end of April.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of when the Dodgers opened the season with 8 starting pitchers and were still making emergency spot-start call-ups before the end of April.
    The thing is the Ms barely have 5 starters. They were lucky last year with Chris Young until he broke down.

Bullpen was really good though. Still is, just can't have injuries and burnout like this later on. Plus Felix is dinged up 2 starts in.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 in a row! 2 games over 500 for the first time in 4 years... 5 days til Bryant

10+ Year Old Account
    And the dodgers win in the bottom of the tenth, whew what a nailbiter!

- - - Updated - - -

3 in a row! 2 games over 500 for the first time in 4 years... 5 days til Bryant
    I wouldnt be to happy with your "Ace" being roughed up, and then bailed out :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodgers lineup looks a lot stronger with Guerrero in there, 6 RBI in 2 games since Uribe & Turner got injured. Nice to see the bullpen finally get things done, McCarthy has not been convincing in his two starts.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    And the dodgers win in the bottom of the tenth, whew what a nailbiter!

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt be to happy with your "Ace" being roughed up, and then bailed out :P
    So I should be disappointed that my team won because that stats of my ace on April 14th is more important than winning?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I should be disappointed that my team won because that stats of my ace on April 14th is more important than winning?
    Never said anything about stats. More a concern for the future. Lots of money in him!

And if you don't care about stats, you really shouldnt care about being a couple games over .500 with over 150 games left lol.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never said anything about stats. More a concern for the future. Lots of money in him!

And if you don't care about stats, you really shouldnt care about being a couple games over .500 with over 150 games left lol.
    Are you concerned about Clayton Kershaw?

Isn't the difference that Lester has an obvious easily exploitable weakness and isn't simply pitching poorly? If he can't fix it, he's going to give everyone with the slightest speed an easy pass to 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone already answered, and Lester isn't quite on the level of kershaw anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Isn't the difference that Lester has an obvious easily exploitable weakness and isn't simply pitching poorly? If he can't fix it, he's going to give everyone with the slightest speed an easy pass to 2nd.

How can a pitcher possibly be so bad at throwing to first lol. Probably the goofiest thing I've ever seen/heard of in sports
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's really had nothing to do with why he's getting hit so hard. Unless mentally he's thinking about so much now that he's up there throwing meatballs. But he went the entire season in Boston/Oakland without throwing to first and was just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck Nelson Cruz is on fire.

How can a pitcher possibly be so bad at throwing to first lol. Probably the goofiest thing I've ever seen/heard of in sports
    It's a really weird thing and happens to some guy every few years where they just can't make a normal throw that they used to be able to. Steve Blass was the first noted case (Steve Blass disease), then I know of Mackey Sasser, Chuck Knoblauch, and it's what killed Rick Ankiel's career as a pitcher.