Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    neither of them are considered first world
    Japan and North Korea are considered first world by both definitions of the term, not sure what you're smoking
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    How many whites are in Japan?
    Very few. They're a bit xenophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Sweden? /10

- - - Updated - - -

Mexico isn't a first world country, it's 2nd.
    Mexico most definitely was not allied to the USSR during the cold war

Both those countries are first world nations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Are asians considered white enough for you? Anyway, excluding them then Finland should be the whitest and USA the least white
    Ive seen Japanese models that had extremely white skin, as white as a Northern Europeans. I'm not sure if it was natural or make up or photoshop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on one's definition. By the cold war "USA, NATO, and friends" definition, both Japan and South Korea are first world nations.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both Japan and South Korea are considered "First world", along with the obvious western europeans, north america, australia and new zeland.

So least white first world country? Japan, South Korea or depending on your defintion of white there might be some of those southern european countries like turkey that arn't really the proper shade of white.

USA is obviously out of the question since only about 3/4 of the country is still fairly white.

I passed a kidney stone today. That fucking sucked.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

It really depends on the definition of "firs world" you are using. Are you using the political term; "The bloc of democratic-industrial countries within the American influence sphere"

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworl..._countries.htm

If so, then it's most likely A toss between Turkey and Japan. Last I checked, 98.5% of Japan is Japanese, 1% is of various Asian backgrounds, and .5% is "other".

Not sure about Turkey.

Or, are you talking about the actual definition as defined by Webster:

1 "The countries of the world that have many industries and relatively few poor people : the rich nations of the world."

2 "The highly developed industrialized nations often considered the westernized countries of the world."

In which case I'd probably have to choose Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Mexico isn't a first world country, it's 2nd.
    No, Mexico is/was 3rd world, as they were not allied with the USA/NATO, nor were they allied with the USSR/Warsaw Pact. They're among the nations you wouldn't expect in that category, alongside Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Austria, and Ireland.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SogPig View Post
    I passed a kidney stone today. That fucking sucked.
    What color was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Depends on one's definition. By the cold war "USA, NATO, and friends" definition, both Japan and South Korea are first world nations.
    Even if he was thinking 1st 2nd and 3rd world meant developed, developing, and undeveloped he would still be completely incorrect.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen Japanese models that had extremely white skin, as white as a Northern Europeans. I'm not sure if it was natural or make up or photoshop.
    Some of them use a scarey amount of skin whitening products to basically bleach their skin, cause being white is apparently pretty.

Oh they are finally calling them first world. they were not considered first world like 3 years ago in my international econ course
    Get a refund on your education. Who the hell did not consider Japan and SK 1st world "like 3 years ago".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolioe View Post
    Even if he was thinking 1st 2nd and 3rd world meant developed, developing, and undeveloped he would still be completely incorrect.
    I guess I could rephrase it to countries with significant European populations or Western nations. A site said it was Brazil, but I don't think they are developed.

What color was it?
    Light greyish tinge and pain. Pain is a color.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

I guess I could rephrase it to countries with significant European populations or Western nations. A site said it was Brazil, but I don't think they are developed.
    They are currently defined ad one of the "Developing" nations of the world. Not underdeveloped, but not yet developed. They are apart of the BRICS group (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) which falls into the "2nd world" classification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    That installation is ONLY dangerous if USA decides to strike first. If Russia launches first an attack, its completely not an issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also why are white people not considered colored when white light has every color?

Many Asian countries have a whitening fetish.

Oh they are finally calling them first world. they were not considered first world like 3 years ago in my international econ course
    Where do you go to school? I'd demand a refund for that course.

I remember in the 1980s, it was "common knowledge" that Japan was the future superpower of the world. Americans were seriously worried about teaching their kids Japanese. Japanese investors were buying up land in America like crazy because they needed to invest in SOMETHING they had so much cash. It was kinda like how global warming zealots today defend their view of the climate. If you asserted that Japan wouldn't be anything other than the world's superpower in the 21st century, you were mocked and ostracized.

Then came 1989.

Japan's economy entered a 20 year bust. China slowly replaced them. In the 1980s, the words "made in China" were a synonym for something cheaply made that would probably break in the first 5 minutes of use. Not anymore.

Through it all, Japan has ALWAYS been a first world nation. I guess its been so long now since those heady days of the 1980s that people have forgotten.

Another possibility is the definition of "white" continues to change. "White" used to be mostly reserved for White Anglo-Saxon Protestants (WASPs). Benjamin Franklin used to complain about too many Germans coming to America and changing the culture. Germans weren't white to him. Irish nor Polish nor Russians nor Italians were considered white at different times. "White" keeps expanding and including more races. Maybe being Japanese is "white" now to some people. I'm sure in 50 years, most people will call Latinos "white".