Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Just to be clear - using these rotation bots is a clear violation of ToS. Although Blizzard haven't ban-waved it yet I wouldn't be surprised if they're currently figuring out a way to "discover" the people using so they can do a mass wave all at once. If you're using one, or have used one in the past you're likely to be hit by a ban at some point in the next 12-18months.
    Unless people are using an undetectable LUA unlocker then the chances of them being banned are slim.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

It is a pretty sad, sad day when people write scripts to run the game for them.

I mean, wtf.

You write/download a script to use to play the game for you to beat raid bosses. You get gear from raid bosses.

Then........what?

What do you DO with this gear? Keep botting MORE raid bosses? lol. What the fuck is the point in doing all of that? Why not just watch youtubes of fights while you're at it? At least you wouldn't get banned with that method.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post

I mean, wtf.

You write/download a script to use to play the game for you to beat raid bosses. You get gear from raid bosses.

Then........what?

What do you DO with this gear? Keep botting MORE raid bosses? lol. What the fuck is the point in doing all of that? Why not just watch youtubes of fights while you're at it? At least you wouldn't get banned with that method.
    Well atleast you get epics ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post

I mean, wtf.

Then........what?

Well I could understand when you questioned their motivation to skip the actual performance during those fights, but the gear? What is different from not bot killing those bosses and getting gear? What do you do with it? Kill more bosses? What is the point of that?

Deleted
    Why would you even play the game if you're using a bot?

Just go watch a stream and pull your dick with your greasy fingers, you'll basicly be doing the same thing.

I'm beating my sims on my mage anyways on Gruul even if sims are even more patchwerk... [/brag]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post

I'm beating my sims on my mage anyways on Gruul even if sims are even more patchwerk... [/brag]
    Common misconception. You might be beating the average of your sims, you are not beating the top outlier sims. Not to mention you probably don't even have the same fight length for your Gruul fight vs your sim's patchwerk fight.

Edit: Take your last patchwerk fights length, force that fightlength in SimC with 0 timelength variation and try again, see how you stack up.
    Last edited by mmoc62471eea71; 2015-03-06 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Yup that's Blizzard. Keeping the bots around which piss off normal players so they quit instead. /rolls eyes. You don't just ban people forever who are botting. Especially when 9/10 times it's a compromised account to begin with. You suspend them until they contact Blizzard and fix the account. I could think of 20+ cases of this happening over the years from my guild alone. Do you think they should be banned because they were too ignorant to use an authenticator?

They are constantly de-compiling bots and working on tech to find them. It's tough to watch 9 million users all the time so they have to automate it with the least amount of false positives. That takes time. Blizzard also can't scan outside the WoW directory which limits what they can look for. Imagine if your antivirus client was unable to scant outside your Windows folder? How easy would it be to find malware?

In all the MMO's I've played Blizzard takes the most active stance against botting/cheating I've seen.
    And that is the reason why every time Blizzard patches things or adds/changes things to bot detection (a.k.a. Warden) , all proper bots go offline instantly until their developers decompile new game update/patch/warden protection and ensure that it doesn't detect their bots. There is also active Warden protection that kills the bot instantly if it detects that blizzard has pushed a "hotfix" that starts warden scanning things it shouldn't scan. If you are using only a rotation bot and not a bot for grinding you will remain safe. This excludes bots like Soapbox who use LUA unlockers (Firehack) because that is and always be highly detectable. This is first hand info, treat is as you like.

Imo, paying a bot to play for you is like paying someone to eat your lasagna.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Unless people are using an undetectable LUA unlocker then the chances of them being banned are slim.
    You might want to reconsider what you just wrote, because right now it means that using a detectable LUA unlocker will not get you banned whereas using an undetectable one will.