Page 1 of 2
LastLast

CP Grinding is a grind....

I understand that CP should be earned... but when you have an upcoming lvl 100 and you have a cap of 15k CP.... like come on... especially when you still have to farm 7250 just to unlock your weapon, its definitely taking a lot longer than it used to, with Ashran being almost pointless, limited to doing Arenas (most likely 2s, which are a B**** with just blue gear) and RBGs (if you're lucky enough to get into a group that doesn't require your 2k achievement from 2 expansions ago)

You do understand that before you had no way of getting cp you didn't earn in the weeks before? Be happy you're not stuck in honor gear without a way to get cp.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BG's give you 150 for the first win then 75 after that, but it also gives you blue pvp gear that will help you greatly when you step in arena. Also after losing the first few arena games, you get matched up with people that have you armor and weapon that you can win (150 cp per win).

It's not that bad when you think about it. Rome wasn't built in a day in other words.

Deleted
    It's far easier now than it used to be, though the limit for how much you can earn in a week has been greatly increased so you're not as far behind in terms of being competitive at higher ratings in arena from starting later. It's still a bit of a pain though and I along with many others think all gear should just be normalized for PvP, but that goes against the RPG spirit of the game so... it is what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    It's far easier now than it used to be, though the limit for how much you can earn in a week has been greatly increased so you're not as far behind in terms of being competitive at higher ratings in arena from starting later. It's still a bit of a pain though and I along with many others think all gear should just be normalized for PvP, but that goes against the RPG spirit of the game so... it is what it is!
    I'd be against that. I like doing arenas just as much as i like doing bgs. Now that i have all my blue gear and am working on my conquest, i never do bgs because arenas give faster cp. If there was no point in collecting cp i probably wouldnt be doing either. I like them both but the feeling that doing it every week is mandatory to stay caught up in gear, keeps me coming back. If i was just doing it for rating, then it would be pointless for the 99.5% that dont get glad. What incentive would you add to do arenas if there was no gear upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by yogie View Post
    You do understand that before you had no way of getting cp you didn't earn in the weeks before? Be happy you're not stuck in honor gear without a way to get cp.
    Thats not what im getting at...I could easily CP cap back in December, and not have a problem but now it seems more so of a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick93 View Post
    Thats not what im getting at...I could easily CP cap back in December, and not have a problem but now it seems more so of a grind.
    You mentioned having a 15k cp cap. So we assumed you meant you had just hit 100 and were having a hard time acquiring all 15k cp which is why he said the catch up cap used to not even exist. If you just mean acquiring cp in general then all i can say is find a friend and do 2s with. 2s has always been the fastest way to get cp for decent players/specs. It sucks that ashran is nerfed cause that was really the only effective way to get CP from solo. random bgs comes next but thats hit or miss and a lot slower. If you are having trouble getting 2s wins with a similar geared partner, you can always farm up some gold and start paying for some wins.

Deleted
    Yeah its a bore and it can be difficult to find someone to cap with if you don't have an epic weapon aswell.

What I do now on fresh 100's is spend 6-7k on 2v2 boosts so I have 7250CP and I can buy a weapon and then I can start playing "normal" 2v2 and cap the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are melee it's a joke to get that 15k cap in 2s.
    If you are a caster then it's one big frustrating grind.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You mentioned having a 15k cp cap. So we assumed you meant you had just hit 100 and were having a hard time acquiring all 15k cp which is why he said the catch up cap used to not even exist. If you just mean acquiring cp in general then all i can say is find a friend and do 2s with. 2s has always been the fastest way to get cp for decent players/specs. It sucks that ashran is nerfed cause that was really the only effective way to get CP from solo. random bgs comes next but thats hit or miss and a lot slower. If you are having trouble getting 2s wins with a similar geared partner, you can always farm up some gold and start paying for some wins.
    I have 5 100s, and just recently got my 5th to 100... comparing to my first 100 and capping CP to now and the ability to earn CP is more of a grind now than what it was prior to February patches.

And thats the problem... alot of people play solo, and not being able to do that because now you basically need to find someone else to do 2s with , and now paying someone is becoming an option, i don't agree with that.
    Last edited by Frederick93; 2015-03-04 at 05:24 PM.

I have 5 100s, and just recently got my 5th to 100... comparing to my first 100 and capping CP to now and the ability to earn CP is more of a grind now than what it was prior to February patches.

And thats the problem... alot of people play solo, and not being able to do that because now you basically need to find someone else to do 2s with , and now paying someone is becoming an option, i don't agree with that.
    I understand how you feel but what did you do in the previous xpacs? 2's and 3s has always been the easiest and fastest way to get CP. CP used to be only from arenas. You had to do arena to get arena gear. In vanilla when pvp gear was introduced, u had to reach certain ranks. In tbc you had to do arenas. As the xpacs progressed, there were more and more options to get the best pvp gear including drops from VoA or baradins hold. At some point (cant remember when, cata maybe?) the first random bg win of the day would give u some. Now we have ashran, random bg wins (not just one win a day, but every win will earn you some), arenas, and even gladiators building in the garrison can give u some.

I'm aware a lot of people play solo, and thats why they added in these options. At the risk of sounding like an elitist (which im not, dont even have an arena rating over 2k atm) you are lucky you can even get enough conquest points right now to fill your cap. It used to be arena or GTFO. If you could get CP more efficiently than 2s or 3s, why would anyone but the gladiators do arena?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I understand how you feel but what did you do in the previous xpacs? 2's and 3s has always been the easiest and fastest way to get CP. CP used to be only from arenas. You had to do arena to get arena gear. In vanilla when pvp gear was introduced, u had to reach certain ranks. In tbc you had to do arenas. As the xpacs progressed, there were more and more options to get the best pvp gear including drops from VoA or baradins hold. At some point (cant remember when, cata maybe?) the first random bg win of the day would give u some. Now we have ashran, random bg wins (not just one win a day, but every win will earn you some), arenas, and even gladiators building in the garrison can give u some.

I'm aware a lot of people play solo, and thats why they added in these options. At the risk of sounding like an elitist (which im not, dont even have an arena rating over 2k atm) you are lucky you can even get enough conquest points right now to fill your cap. It used to be arena or GTFO. If you could get CP more efficiently than 2s or 3s, why would anyone but the gladiators do arena?
    I understand what youre getting at, and i am by far a pvp elitest seeing that this is my actual 1st season i am taking this seriously, i was a PvE player for that passed 10 yrs. I guess i really dont have much room complaining, im just simplying stating and comparing the difference from December 2014 to now it has changed dramatically, and not for the better...IMO

Thats if in a sense, your faction is doing good with those events...sometimes its not even worth going into ashran. Yes Back in december, thats how i got capped all the time.. but now its just a joke

Thats if in a sense, your faction is doing good with those events...sometimes its not even worth going into ashran. Yes Back in december, thats how i got capped all the time.. but now its just a joke
    yea it sucks. Events dont spawn as often and they are worth less points now too.

Group finder. You look for a group that is dominating, join it, and THEN queue.

Its like nothing changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Ashran is 100% the easiest way.

Join it, do the events. Or do cross-realm (find a group there are plenty) and when you're only winning events it will be quick. When my priest hit 100 I was working from home that day. Just ran to each event, within 6 hours I was fully capped. It's really never been easier to grind that much conquest.
    I *think* there's now a separate cap for Ashran where you can only earn 200 from it total on a given day. I *think.* It's not in the notes, but a lot of people have been saying as much in Ashran since 6.1 launched. Maybe I just misinterpreted them?

Regardless, queue your bone fragments at your garrison, do Ashran, and do random BGs (RBGs if you can) and 2s and you should be set.

Having 5 100's is a choice you made, and finding the game "grindy" as a result of that choice is hardly anyone else's problem, including Blizzard's.

Ashran prior to the recent patch was exploitive at best. Obviously it was never intended for people to run around avoiding combat and getting BiS gear in the process. When stuff like this comes along you just gotta enjoy it while lasts.

I'm mostly a solo player as well, but that doesn't stop me from grabbing some random 2's and 3's partners to get my caps quickly each week. Just join no-voice groups, people barely even talk, and you can basically just pretend you are in like a small group BG or something.

If you are good at arenas you can cap so quickly.

Back in MoP I was primarily a PvE player but decided to play some PvP. I had a 15k conquest cap and capped in a single day with a guy from my guild.

All you have to do win.

seriously, just tank your 2's rating so you literally are playing against double dps in greens with 150k life.

Some people would rather not play WoW than queue into Arena. I wont support something i feel has done more damage to the game long term than nearly anything else. Ever.

Seriously, hit the group finder.

Its just as easy to farm events without opposition as it ever was. Queue into an instance where your faction is dominating, enjoy the free CP.