Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    The black community of Ferguson are the most criminal demographic in that area. That doesn't mean the police aren't profiling, or vice versa.
    If you mean the most criminal as suggested by the reports discovered by the Department of Justice on its oddly disproportionate arrests on African Americans...then yes you're absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Almost right. If was the grandma who was selling the tshirts. The same woman who raised him. The mom got mad and attacked the grandma and a cousin of Mike.
    It could be jezus himself selling the t-shirts and it wouldn't mater.

First you should never be more respectful towards a person that died, if he is a bad person then he is a bad person (usually when celeberties die for example)
    However
    That doesn't mean you can just try to profit of that persons death

The mother got angry that is a logical response given that it was the grandma trying to profit from it. I guess from her point of view that if it was a random person on the street it would have been less painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    If you mean the most criminal as suggested by the reports discovered by the Department of Justice on its oddly disproportionate arrests on African Americans...then yes you're absolutely correct.
    Not like Ferguson has a disproportionate amount of blacks to white ratio. Oh wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    If you mean the most criminal as suggested by the reports discovered by the Department of Justice and its oddly disproportionate arrests on African Americans...then yes you're absolutely correct.
    Black people in the US at large are 3 times more likely to be arrested for a crime, in Ferguson that number is 4 times more likely. So yes, compared to the national average it's disproportionate. That in itself doesn't prove racism though, it could also be that the reality is in fact not proportionate to the average.
    You can't just dismiss all those arrests claiming racism without further details, and it'd be insane to suggest 75% of all white crimes are overlooked because of favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It could be jezus himself selling the t-shirts and it wouldn't mater.

First you should never be more respectful towards a person that died, if he is a bad person then he is a bad person (usually when celeberties die for example)
    However
    That doesn't mean you can just try to profit of that persons death

The mother got angry that is a logical response given that it was the grandma trying to profit from it. I guess from her point of view that if it was a random person on the street it would have been less painfull.
    Except the grandma raised mike. The mother was non existent. The grandma had full custody and used hey money to raise him. She has all the rights to profit if she sees fit. She was the sole person responsible for raising him.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    So, you believe that:

1) Police stereotyping never occurs.
    2) Bias never plays a part in any cop stopping anyone.

Yes? So cops are, what, Spock clones using impeccable logic to arrest people, that happen to be majority black. Because black people are.... what? More apt toward criminality?
    What, are you saying black people in the US don't commit more crimes than white people?

What, are you saying black people in the US don't commit more crimes than white people?
    That's a different question than he asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black people in the US at large are 3 times more likely to be arrested for a crime, in Ferguson that number is 4 times more likely. So yes, compared to the national average it's disproportionate. That in itself doesn't prove racism though, it could also be that the reality is in fact not proportionate to the average.
    You can't just dismiss all those arrests claiming racism without further details, and it'd be insane to suggest 75% of all white crimes are overlooked because of favoritism.
    The reports from the Department of Justice would say otherwise - They do include a rather disproportionate stop of 90% blacks in a Community where blacks make up 67% of the population. We have police reports of the Ferguson PD beating and applying a tazer to Black Citizens over failure to comply - including an incident where seven officers jumped a man for trespassing on his girlfriend's property even though he was allowed to be there. Let's not hand wave the reports to fit a narrative that there isn't a major malfunction with that police force.

Hell Stop Pretending is allegedly a cop - He's been adamant that the community of Ferguson and Michael Brown are thugs and they're getting what they deserve. That's a fine example of the police force I want protecting me....

I'd link FBI data, but Endus apparently has issues with facts and bans whenever someone uses it to prove a point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's a different question than he asked.
    It seemed like he was implying that black people don't actually commit more crimes, otherwise the question doesn't make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    how exactly did you know that?
    Burn this place down?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

So, you believe that:

1) Police stereotyping never occurs.
    2) Bias never plays a part in any cop stopping anyone.

Yes? So cops are, what, Spock clones using impeccable logic to arrest people, that happen to be majority black. Because black people are.... what? More apt toward criminality?

Crime stats don't lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I'd link FBI data, but Endus apparently has issues with facts and bans whenever someone uses it to prove a point.
    Awww Victim Complex. Are you going to link the "FBI" Data from a third party source like you've done in the past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Burn this place down?
    that doesn't answer the question.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It seemed like he was implying that black people don't actually commit more crimes, otherwise the question doesn't make sense to me.
    He's asking about cause for the rate, not what the rate is.

The reports from the Department of Justice would say otherwise - They do include a rather disproportionate stop of 90% blacks in a Community where blacks make up 67% of the population. We have police reports of the Ferguson PD beating and applying a tazer to Black Citizens over failure to comply - including an incident where seven officers jumped a man for trespassing on his girlfriend's property even though he was allowed to be there. Let's not hand wave the reports to fit a narrative that there isn't a major malfunction with that police force.

Hell Stop Pretending is allegedly a cop - He's been adamant that the community of Ferguson and Michael Brown are thugs and they're getting what they deserve. That's a fine example of the police force I want protecting me....
    not picking a side here but i have 1 question. How do we know that all those situations in those police reports actually happened? Obviously the police isnt gonna write down "me and 6 other officers jumped a man for trespassing even though he was on his girlfriends property and allowed to be there, shit was so cash." Did they ask the suspect/victim in the report about what happened? Cause obviously you cant trust either side. I read one of them that had body camera proof so i believe that one, but im not gonna trust what someone said actually happened when they were arrested.

Awww Victim Complex. Are you going to link the "FBI" Data from a third party source like you've done in the past?
    FBI homepage is third party sites? Since when?

You should stick to calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist, stay with something you are good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Crime stats don't lie.
    The claim that black people commit more crime as some consequence of being black is inherently racist.

No, I am saying that the logic used by people that think that, is faulty. Cops are people, people are biased. There are many reasons why crime rates are the way they are, but none of them are purely because someone is a certain "race".
    Wasnt there a study done that shows that black people have slightly higher testosterone? Which leads them to be more aggressive. I could be talking out of my ass here but i think i remember someone showing me that study.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the Department of Justice Office of Civil Rights investigation summary into Officer Wilson:

A detailed discussion here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ael-brown.html