Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Moewe View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment and say how amazing flex difficulty has turned out to be. (Sorry, not every post can be a rant.) It has made it so much easier when somebody just needs to leave, or when not enough (or too many) guildies are online, or when some raider ragequits.

What do you guys think?
    Completely agree. Ahead of time, as soon as it was announced, I felt sure this would be one of the greatest things for a guild like mine that puts "real life" first and as such people frequently have very variable signup schedules. I'm rather impressed how well they've eeked out the balance between the various sizes tbh. Doesn't permit any more carrying of weaker players than before but for a basic roster it's awesome.

Deleted
    I'd also like to point out how well it works - it just works. You don't even have to think about it anymore, it's just such an amazing quality of life aspect.
    I also think it scales pretty well. I never personally noticed it being harder with less people, but it seems fair: the overall complexity increases a little (with coordinating and all) with bigger groups, after all.

I've never really seen a mentality of "nah, we need X amount of people for boss Y". That, to me, is the most astonishing thing - that so far, every boss has scaled extremely smoothly. (Haven't tried Blackhand, for the record.)

Flex is absolutely amazing, in all regards. It's a huge boost to healthy guilds, which leads to happy players, and a game that keeps subscribers.

Somebody should start thsi thread on WoW's forums as well so that we can commend the GMs for their hard work and dedication to make flex raiding as successful as it has been in WoD. I think they've done a fantastic job as well, best thing in a long time as others have said before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flex mode, multiple difficulties and the LFG tool are all big pluses for me this expansion. Easier than ever to get a group together and get some bosses down.

I do really wish they had split HM and BRF normal and possibly heroic into wings. It would be a little annoying for more organized groups, but whenever I join a PuG it seems like everybody is there to kill one, maybe two bosses, and then be done.

I haven't done much pugging in WoD tbh, but having these "PuG-friendly" difficulties as small sections is very appealing.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Flex (Normal) is the best thing to happen to raiding since Ulduar Hms.

IMO I think this should be the only raiding difficulty. It's both puggable to an extent (some groups can't go all the way) and decent for a casual raiding guild that might not have set schedules but jumps in when enough people are online - and you don't need to deal with having to leave someone out or not having enough.

My perfect raiding set up in WoW would be 1 difficulty in raiding (MoP Flex/WoD Normal) and then add in Ulduar hard mode types of mechanics for those looking for extra challenge on par with Mop Normal/WoD Heroic mechanics. Scrap LFR/Mythic

Love it. Absolutely love it.

It was arguably the biggest selling point for me going into WoD. I retired from heroic raiding around Jan 2014 and the convenience that raiding with a casual guild in flex has brought me is exactly what I was looking for. And it pairs really well with the in-game group finder.

Now if only they applied this to dungeons so you could do them from 5 to 10 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I 100% love it.

I 100% want them to fix the scaling issues, taking 15 average people is WAY easier than taking 10 good people.
    Taking 15 people is giving you more choice regarding the toolkit each brings.
    It is impossible to have 10 scale the same as 15, hence why mythic is a fixed size.
    Flex is minimising the impact of changes to the roster size, but not eliminating the issue altogether.
    There were some fights easier in different formats when we had the 10/25m split, for reasons which may have been different on each fight.
    There will always be some issues when trying to scale a fight, meaning it won't be the same on two different roster sizes not even going into the extra player options that offers as you go up.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-03-05 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSniperXV View Post
    Somebody should start thsi thread on WoW's forums as well so that we can commend the GMs for their hard work and dedication to make flex raiding as successful as it has been in WoD. I think they've done a fantastic job as well, best thing in a long time as others have said before.
    If Blizzard wanted to hear from us as to which features we thought good and bad, they should send out an annual survey to subscribers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Now if only they applied this to dungeons so you could do them from 5 to 10 people.
    Then it would be a raid, and its not.
    Not everything has to be the same.

Also.. Flex = amazing, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    My perfect raiding set up in WoW would be 1 difficulty in raiding (MoP Flex/WoD Normal) and then add in Ulduar hard mode types of mechanics for those looking for extra challenge on par with Mop Normal/WoD Heroic mechanics. Scrap LFR/Mythic
    That setup would be a faceroll for the majority of the actual raiders though. I mean you even see casual guilds steaming through normal. I don't see why you are advocating removing (more) stuff from the game when they have next to no effect on you.

It was a very good addition to the game, indeed.

Its a great feature too bad people that run pugs are still retarted 90% of the time....still have people that think theres a breakpoint past 15 people still have people turning down super geared players because they want 2/4/9 or whatever the fotm comp is lol. But for playing with people with a brain its one of the best additions ever.

Absolutely love it, and it makes trialing out new raiders a dream!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is quite excellent, someone having an IRL issue arise no longer grinds the entire night to a halt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    Especially for pugs, I've never understood people trying to min/max the group comp and number. Do they really think that it is ever in their best interest to turn a really good player down when they have room?
    Define "have room." There are absolutely ideal configurations given the number of available healers.

Flex is fantastic, especially as a Raid Leader, but it's not a magic bullet. You still have to balance the group. 4 healers for 25 players doesn't work on some fights, and 8 healers for 20 is also going to make things go pretty wonky. Flex doesn't mean "bring whatever the fuck you want and have a party."