10+ Year Old Account

Why do people think DK's are a good class?

What exactly do DK's bring to the table in pvp? Damage? Great. Warriors can bring damage too. In fact, Warriors can do everything DK's can do and then some more. Dark Sim? Who cares, Warriors are still better.

What else can DK's actually do outside of damage? Are they mobile? Do they have good CC? What? Survivability? Where is it?

Fact is, damage is avoidable. Skilled players can predict and avoid damage with ease. Everything DK's bring to the game can be avoided. So why exactly do people think DK's are good?

I understand DK is a mindless and unskilled class. I'm just curious that those who complain about DK's have actually played one. I mean, playing a DK is probably the worst experience in the game. No tool kit, run slow all day long and all you do is tunnel tunnel tunnel. No skilled mechanics, you are being forced to play like a mongoloid when you play a DK.

The only reason DK's are even competitive right now is because of how mindless the meta is. If TSG or any of these mindless teams that DK's play on were less powerful and CC was buffed to where it had an actual impact on games, nobody would play a DK. In fact, DK's right now completely rely on the meta to be as mindless as possible to remain viable.

DK's benefited the most out of the Wizard CC nerfs. Remember last season how shitty DK's were? Well that hasn't changed mechanically, the class is still the same, the game just changed. Right now it accommodates DK's to an extent, however even with that, Rogues and Warriors are still better anyway.

The class still suffers from the same limitations as it did last expansion. It still gets dreadfully exposed by skilled players playing skilled classes with superior tool kits. I have no idea why someone who is skilled at this game would even lower themselves "belittle" themselves as to main and seriously play something as mindless as a DK after knowing how limited it is.

Remember last season how shitty DK's were?
    that was a really good one mate

Who cares, Warriors are still better.
    As in "Whatever you post, it doesn't matter, I won't listen"

Nice thread.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    because blankets and disarms were a thing back in MoP which destroyed DKs, + no where near as much selfhealing as they do now.

You have posted these types of threads before. In fact, I don't think there are more than a handful of posts where you don't insult DKs or warriors, call them "skillless" "mindless" or "mongoloid". If you despise and think so little of them, why do you play them? It doesn't even appear that you WANT them to be good; you just want to bitch that their toolkit isn't that of the Harry Potters. If you aren't having fun, why bother? Since you seem to consider classes that have access to ranged, spammable CC "skillful" why don't you play a wizard then and just stop punishing yourself with these two classes?

If you want the opinion of good PVPers it shouldn't be too hard to find one of the 2500+ ranked people (there are plenty for both classes) and ask them. I am sure they would be very happy if you informed them that they are playing skillless mongoloid classes and they would be better off playing something that wears a dress instead.

My biggest gripe against dks and why I think they are pretty solid is the fact they are relatively unpeelable. You cant cc a good dk and they have very high damage (not as good as lol oped warriors but still good.) Plus they can dispell and dispells are pretty huge right now in helping to provide both offensive and deffensive pressure. IMO tho them being practically unccable/unpeelable is just plain retarded and needs changed.

Maybe the fact that they can go from 10% to 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason you still post here? Every post I've seen of yours has been propelled by your distaste for a class or a mechanic, and you dismiss anything that doesn't align with your hatred.

You can exclaim your discussion detracting opinions elsewhere, you know.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    What exactly do DK's bring to the table in pvp? Damage? Great. Warriors can bring damage too. In fact, Warriors can do everything DK's can do and then some more. Dark Sim? Who cares, Warriors are still better.

What else can DK's actually do outside of damage? Are they mobile? Do they have good CC? What? Survivability? Where is it?

Fact is, damage is avoidable. Skilled players can predict and avoid damage with ease. Everything DK's bring to the game can be avoided. So why exactly do people think DK's are good?

I understand DK is a mindless and unskilled class. I'm just curious that those who complain about DK's have actually played one. I mean, playing a DK is probably the worst experience in the game. No tool kit, run slow all day long and all you do is tunnel tunnel tunnel. No skilled mechanics, you are being forced to play like a mongoloid when you play a DK.

The only reason DK's are even competitive right now is because of how mindless the meta is. If TSG or any of these mindless teams that DK's play on were less powerful and CC was buffed to where it had an actual impact on games, nobody would play a DK. In fact, DK's right now completely rely on the meta to be as mindless as possible to remain viable.

DK's benefited the most out of the Wizard CC nerfs. Remember last season how shitty DK's were? Well that hasn't changed mechanically, the class is still the same, the game just changed. Right now it accommodates DK's to an extent, however even with that, Rogues and Warriors are still better anyway.

The class still suffers from the same limitations as it did last expansion. It still gets dreadfully exposed by skilled players playing skilled classes with superior tool kits. I have no idea why someone who is skilled at this game would even lower themselves "belittle" themselves as to main and seriously play something as mindless as a DK after knowing how limited it is.
    Awww, where did the bad Mr DK touch you?

10+ Year Old Account

Everything DK's bring to the game can be avoided. So why exactly do people think DK's are good?
    Frost dk's have purge, and since they rely on burst they can spend the resources on literally purging off every buff all the time. Deathgrip, chains, stun/silence, dark sim are all tools where you really see a difference between a good and a bad/average dk.
    AMS prevents magic cc, they have an anti stun and an anti fear and a cc breaker. No survivability? There are plenty of other specs who have less survivability than dks.

Yes frost is a complete mindless spec, but still it has tools that can be very effective in the hands of good players.

Compared to warriors they lack the 25% MS and ability to burst with execute from 20% to zero. Those are the biggest things and without them DKs are damage bots. Warriors are more mobile but death grip is nevertheless powerful. To each their own as to the relative merits of dark sim and spell reflect. Warrior representation is greater in high level arena. For mere mortals both are good and viable, but warrior brings a bit more to the table aside from self sufficiency. In a group setting, the DK ability to self heal is less impactful.

Because DKs are fun and interesting? Maybe you should stop thinking about classes as sets of numbers and consider things like lore and aesthetic and play style.

I understand DK is a mindless and unskilled class.
    He says while talking about warriors.

I got axe for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed the OP has made it so far without being banned yet. Flame bait after flame bait.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

DKs specifically unholy used to be brought for Necrotic Strike both in Cata and MOP. Now it's gone and everyone just plays frost which is boring, mindless and like you said just an inferior version of Warrior. Unholy however used to fill a different niche of spread pressure with healing absorbs that made it deadly when left alone with an enemy healer.

However Dark Sim is imo among the best abilities a class can have in PvP. So much potential. If it were not for that, I would delete my DK. I think it's better than anything a warrior can do. Spell Reflect is not as good and can only reflect spells back on the same person. While you can Dark Sim copy cyclone and use it as a peel or a healer or anyone you like.

Also no one complains much about DK's in threes anymore. Frost is strong but no where near BM hunter, Combat Rogue or feral Druid levels of retardness. I personally can't touch frost because it's too boring to play even with Dark sim
    Last edited by GodEmperor; 2015-03-06 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi and good morning,

A lot of people here don't seem to like Ryan's viewpoints, which is understandable, but it's still a discussion nonetheless, and that's exactly why I'm going to leave this thread open. Word of advice, don't post just to flame or call baiting.

If you disagree with someone, then you add value to the discussion by explaining why, all the while not resorting to insults. This doesn't mean that every post has to be an A4 essay, of course. I'm not going to force every post to be as constructive as a class guide, just please don't bash.

Please don't misplace my trust <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Maybe you are unskilled with DK's and your perceived easiness or underskilled play is why you see them as having limits and being moreso just terrible at the class.

I've seen my Unholy DK friends absolutely decimate people and keep themselves alive for long periods. Also DK's shitty last season? I think this proves my point of it being a skill challenge..

Frost DKs are easy to play and effective. They have decent CC breaking abilities, and easy access to burst. Self-healing is still amazing, even after all the nerfs.

It's the class I play when I want to relax. I can imagine them falling short in the high ratings though, that's often the case with "easy" classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting specious bashing threads about a class is not allowed