Poll: What summoning options would you like to see?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Summoning to Instances

During a few of my pug adventures this week we encountered the bane of pug existence.... no warlocks. And several comments thrown out made me decide to post a poll to see what player opinions are on having more options than just a warlock or running to raid entrance to refill after pugs leave.

The group I was in Tuesday for example was having no issues downing bosses, yet we consistently were replacing after each boss b/c the loot people wanted didn't drop. It ate up the clock and people basically ran out of time before we could finish.

Edit: After reading many comments I'd like to remind people that this question derives from groups already in progress sitting around waiting or running outside to summon between bosses. A group initially forming, at least 2 people are going to have to run there regardless.
    Last edited by ejpaints; 2015-03-04 at 09:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, people are just lazy. Signing up with the LFG tool for a raid and expecting summons to one already in progress. If they wanted in, they would be at the entrance instead of sitting in their garrisons.

We have locks and summoning stones, I think that is good enough.

Let's be honest, I'd never say no to more hunter utility. :P

Deleted
    I think as faster travelling gets, as better.

As there is no fun in using a flight path.

Rift got it right. One person enters the instance, everyone else gets a port option.

To prevent abuse (if there actually was any need to), just require more than 50% of the group be in the zone - then newcomers get to instant port there. For dungeons, this would require 3 players in the zone to unlock instant ports. 6 players for 10man and 13 for 25man.

Furthermore, make a consumable that replicates a warlock portal for groups to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have Group Will Travel was abused, and kept crashing shards on servers. If it comes back, it will have a 5 person limit with a CD. Summoning stones work just fine. Teleports from LFD/LFR should be removed and force people out of their safety zones and to the entrance of the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should remove the summoning stones and warlock stone, summoning is a commodity and makes players more lazy than a mage which can create a table of refreshment for the group/raid which don't cost reagents anymore but still they don't do the courtesy of doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    Teleports from LFD/LFR should be removed and force people out of their safety zones and to the entrance of the instance.
    I wish people would stop buying into these buzz words. "Safety zones" ? What ? I clicked on my dark iron mole, I zoned in, I clicked on my Aviana's Feather, I glided straight through the tunnel and through the instance portal, oh noes, my safety zones ! >.>

Unless you're playing on a PvP server (and even then, being ganked is a momentary annoyance ) theres no such thing as 'safety zones' , stepping out of your garrison is not 'dangerous', it just takes about 2 mins to get to BRF.

Personally, I'm not bothered to make my way there, cause it takes no time at all, but I'm sure if I'd add up all the time I waited for incredibly slow or lazy people, it would amount to a fair bit of time doing nothing at all. Why ? How does this enhance anyone's gameplay ?

if one is in the lfg it takes time to find a group.
    guess what travel to the instance one wants while waiting for a group.
    it takes next to no effort to jump on a flight path and get ones ass to a instance.
    it is nothing but pure laziness.
    like last expansion and people as soon as they got in group asking for a summons to the celestial court to do the world boss.
    you knew you wanted to be there while you waited for or joined a group and one couldn't get to the celestial court?
    I could see ordos because some seem to make that run but the celestial court is right at the beginning of the timeless island.

I've been saying that they should have integrated the have group will travel feature into warlock summoning stones. Make a second stone that summons the whole group or something but takes 4-5 people to do.

That doesn't really solve your issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    I wish people would stop buying into these buzz words. "Safety zones" ? What ? I clicked on my dark iron mole, I zoned in, I clicked on my Aviana's Feather, I glided straight through the tunnel and through the instance portal, oh noes, my safety zones ! >.>

Unless you're playing on a PvP server (and even then, being ganked is a momentary annoyance ) theres no such thing as 'safety zones' , stepping out of your garrison is not 'dangerous', it just takes about 2 mins to get to BRF.

Personally, I'm not bothered to make my way there, cause it takes no time at all, but I'm sure if I'd add up all the time I waited for incredibly slow or lazy people, it would amount to a fair bit of time doing nothing at all. Why ? How does this enhance anyone's gameplay ?
    I'm not a lazy player but I typically gravitate toward acquiring portal items or taking tradeskills that produce teleport items, in almost every game I play.

Why do I do this? because I hate wasting unneeded time running back and forth. I enjoy seeing the sights and hoofing it there the first few times but past that? I don't care that the scenery is beautiful during the 3.7 minute flightpath, then the 2 min 14 second ride to the instance portal. Those were cute things to do back in the early 2000s, when MMORPGs were a new genre. Now? I vastly prefer waypoint mechanics like Guild Wars2 uses.

For me personally, I'd rather everyone get a port option when the first person zones in. I just spent 5 minutes driving to the instance portal - I'd rather not wait any longer before we can get to the real meat and potatoes of the content we want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wanna scale a wall when i see instant "123" when someone joins a group, even for world bosses when the group is not even half full, then proceed to spam 123 while they afk in their garrison. Infuriating.

I'd be perfectly fine with the bonus abilities bodyguards give you not requiring the follower to be there. For example, one of the bodyguards gives you a summoning ability but this is pointless because the bodyguard does not enter the instance with you so it's only usable outside where the summoning stone already is. If I have assigned that bodyguard to my garrison I should be able to use said ability without them therefore allowing anyone who leveled the bodyguard up to level 3 and had it assigned to a level 3 garrison could summon like a lock. I think that is perfectly reasonable and solves all the problems without abuse.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I think it's fine the way it is. Tell people to stop being lazy.

Sitting in your garrison or anywhere else demanding a port is the epitome of laziness.

So far in WoD it's not a big deal running back out of the raids when you need to put up a repair mount or use the summoning stone. Now if the raids were like Mogushan Vaults or Heart of Fear where it's a pretty long run to get back out I would want more summoning options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Sitting in your garrison or anywhere else demanding a port is the epitome of laziness.
    I also equate this with using the teleport offered by LFD/LFR.

HGWT should be brought back. It was a good tool not only at level cap but for lower levels as well as it encouraged guild cooperation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    I also equate this with using the teleport offered by LFD/LFR.
    Running to the raid is no big deal, I always do it. On the other hand, its also not compelling gameplay, its busywork. Do you find it entertaining ?