10+ Year Old Account

Am I doing something wrong?

Just curious if there's something obvious that I'm missing about playing the spec. I'll look at rankings and no matter how well I feel like I'm doing I'm still way down behind everyone else. (Omitting the bugged parses from the 25th) Here's my logs for people to play with.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

Pull number 4 on gruul looks pretty good from what I can see. You have the right idea, the final couple thousand dps just comes from perfect execution and a dash of rng.

You could have used two vanishes in between your first and second shadow dance. This way you have find weakness up for around a minute whilst using lust, as gruul is a fight you're probably lusting off the bat for, as well as letting you get another prep off at say, 5:30 into the fight.

Mark of Warsong isn't going to help your dps much, could get a minor dps increase replacing that with frostwolf, but if you don't have many weapons to spare guess you might be forced to use warsong.

I would suggest using subterfuge and glyph of vanish if min maxing is your goal.

The only other thing you could work on is rupture and slice and dice uptime. That just comes under the perfect execution banner though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsong was on there because it's my combat weapon. I have a heroic flamebender dagger but I swapped them out last night and I feel like I'm doing a bit more with the hammer in my OH so I put Frostwolf onto it before raid today.

I'll try prep-vanishing tonight as well.
    Last edited by Cedande; 2015-03-06 at 01:15 AM.