Poll: Are you ok with 2 raid tiers?

10+ Year Old Account

Two or 3 Raid Tiers?

With the recent reveal of the next legendary quest step after 6.1 there's been a lot of discussion about if WoD will only have 2 raid tiers since Blizzard never denied it.

What do you think?
    Do you like 2 raid tiers? Are you furious that WoD could be over again only shortly after it began?
    Last edited by Feali; 2015-03-06 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz wants two raid tiers. Means they can force a new $50 expansion down your throat.

I'd prefer 3 tiers, because this expansion so far hasn't been worth the money paid for it compared to the previous ones.
    But i'm unsubbed anyway, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    WoD should end though, it was a semi-okay idea that they flatout destroyed.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I've been pretty sure for a while that WoD would have 2 raid tiers, and I'm okay with this. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the PvE content outside of raids. If Blizzard want to keep a 2 tier blueprint for future expansions, I would like meatier non-raid PvE content, and post-launch dungeons.

Yeah I think it will have 2 very, very VERY drawn out and stunted raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    I've been pretty sure for a while that WoD would have 2 raid tiers, and I'm okay with this. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the PvE content outside of raids. If Blizzard want to keep a 2 tier blueprint for future expansions, I would like meatier non-raid PvE content, and post-launch dungeons.
    have you seen WoD? raids are the only PvE content. WoD is the formula blizzard plans to use for yearly expansions
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I want a thunder isle-esque type of content. Story driven with scenarios, and dailies, and rares, group world content, natural world PVP, and server wide progression. But, the interns working on WoD probably don't know how the MoP devs did that.

I suppose I'm okay with it, but it's also not going to happen. There will be three because it will be two-ish years in-between this expansion and the next, per usual. In order for two raid tiers to even be a thing, we'd already know all about the next expansion. And for both good or bad, Blizzard never gets anything done fast. I suppose at best they could go for a year and half release instead of a year but that would still mean drawn-out raid tiers.

I suppose if you hate the entire theme of the expansion like a lot of people did with MoP, that's one thing, but I see no point in wanting to shove more money for new content when you could get more content for free via patches instead. I've always liked the two-year model myself, they just really need to work on their pacing with patches.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2015-03-06 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't honestly care if there's two or three raid tiers. Just as long as there's not a year of squat after the last one.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

3 raid tiers. The expansions don't feel worth $50 with less. Especially with 6.1 being as small as it was.

If we only get two raid tiers per expansion I'd be done with WoW, as I wouldn't be getting enough value for my money.

I don't really have any strong emotions related to this topic to be honest.
    It would be nice, with more than two tiers. But I don't really want another SoO or DS tier in terms of how long it's lasting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yeah I think it will have 2 very, very VERY drawn out and stunted raid tiers.
    This. Especially when the first tier has already been stretched out to fool people into thinking it was 2.

I would have liked 3 equally spaced tiers, 4-6 months apart

I am not ok with only two tiers. At the start I was ok with it, granted they could pull it of and we get a new expansion really soon. However, that is not the case. At this point in time, if we get only two tiers for raiding, we will have an even bigger gap between the end of WoD and the next expansion. We need an announcement asap with them starting alpha soon. As we don't have that at this point, it would suck big time if they only had two tiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?