Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I suspect we'll find out who's blood it is, almost certain it will be one of the bosses in the raid, magtheridon making a return maybe, they already put gruul in BRF.
    I would be surprised if it WAS NOT Magtheridon. Seems like another obvious throwback to TBC to have Magtheridon chilling out in Hellfire Citadel, er Iron Citadel... er, maybe Hellfire Citadel again?

As long as it doesn't involve clicking cubes, I'd be all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I just don't get why he turned grey-ish black instead of green.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I just don't get why he turned grey-ish black instead of green.
    Maybe it's the blood of Archimonde, that dude is kinda grey -ish.

A life in WoD. Free the person you knew was going to cause the most harm so that later he can come back and cause you problem.

Did blizzard ever tell us why we couldn't shut the portal stabbing guldan to death while he was trapped?
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-03-06 at 04:54 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    A life in WoD. Free the person you knew was going to cause the most harm so that later he can come back and cause you problem.
    We had to make a snap decision and deal with the imminent invasion, whether we could have destroyed the portal without freeing gul'dan I don't know.

I thought it was amazing, blizz has really gone all out with their cinematics this expac. Regardless of whether or not you think the story is actually good (I think it has potential), the presentation is miles above vanilla and BC. Even if the iron horde is a joke and this expansion feels a bit like filler, the story is at least mildly interesting and they do acknowledge Grom's failure in this. I really loved the voice acting as well, both Grom and Gul'dan were perfect. Gul'dan is the best villain since Arthas, and i'm looking forward to fighting him. I believe that we'll have a fight with Grom in 6.2, where he'll still be torn between avenging his son's death and joining gul'dan. He'll "test" us to see if we're worthy of joining, and when we defeat him, he will help us defeat gul'dan, sacrificing himself. Gul'dan will ultimately escape, or at least open a portal to the AU azeroth, allowing the Legion to flood through. I think if gul'dan escapes, this would tie in nicely to a South Seas expansion, with Ashzara becoming the focus, since she has so much connection to the legion and Gul'dan will be looking for the tomb of sargeras. I don't think it would be a good idea to have Kiljaeden/Archimonde/Sargeras appear before Ashzara is defeated, so that expac would likely be after Ashzara's.

I also really liked the emotion in Grom's voice when he realized who Garrosh was, and when he yelled Kilrogg's name the second time, as if he was stunned that not only was he betraying the iron horde, but the orcs and Grommash himself, a friend and ally. I will say though, how did Gul'dan know that Garrosh was his son? Wrathion? Also, why doesn't Durotan know that Thrall is his son? Also, does Grom appear at all in this expac outside of the opening sequence? I don't think I saw him once during the questing, nor anywhere in the raids/dungeons outside the opening of Highmaul, but he just stands there.

Quote Originally Posted by jimakos84 View Post
    really? do you mean this expansion? and if yes, what about thrall vs garrosh in nagrand?
    That was a good cinematic for sure, but this one was amazing. I was surprised how good it was using the very models in game. Really good. Also great plot twist I thought. I've done a terrible job keeping up with the story of WoD but I liked where that cinematic could be taking us.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Wowwiki description is reliable, it wouldn't make sense for it to be Magtheridon, since it says he further corrupted the orcs and all the HFP orcs are red.

Guldan's Argo range must be small as a rouge in stealth

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast124 View Post
    I thought it was amazing, blizz has really gone all out with their cinematics this expac. Regardless of whether or not you think the story is actually good (I think it has potential), the presentation is miles above vanilla and BC. Even if the iron horde is a joke and this expansion feels a bit like filler, the story is at least mildly interesting and they do acknowledge Grom's failure in this. I really loved the voice acting as well, both Grom and Gul'dan were perfect. Gul'dan is the best villain since Arthas, and i'm looking forward to fighting him. I believe that we'll have a fight with Grom in 6.2, where he'll still be torn between avenging his son's death and joining gul'dan. He'll "test" us to see if we're worthy of joining, and when we defeat him, he will help us defeat gul'dan, sacrificing himself. Gul'dan will ultimately escape, or at least open a portal to the AU azeroth, allowing the Legion to flood through. I think if gul'dan escapes, this would tie in nicely to a South Seas expansion, with Ashzara becoming the focus, since she has so much connection to the legion and Gul'dan will be looking for the tomb of sargeras. I don't think it would be a good idea to have Kiljaeden/Archimonde/Sargeras appear before Ashzara is defeated, so that expac would likely be after Ashzara's.

I also really liked the emotion in Grom's voice when he realized who Garrosh was, and when he yelled Kilrogg's name the second time, as if he was stunned that not only was he betraying the iron horde, but the orcs and Grommash himself, a friend and ally. I will say though, how did Gul'dan know that Garrosh was his son? Wrathion? Also, why doesn't Durotan know that Thrall is his son? Also, does Grom appear at all in this expac outside of the opening sequence? I don't think I saw him once during the questing, nor anywhere in the raids/dungeons outside the opening of Highmaul, but he just stands there.
    I bet you would also find Rais from Dying Light a compelling villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Where has this been stated?

The only thing we know about demon blood is that if you drink it once, you become green, if you drink it again, you become red. Also if you stay near fel magic you also become green.
    Mannoroth was killed...Grom dumped the blood out. It is very likely Grom had the cauldron destroyed as well.

Gul'dan is likely getting help from someone else in the legion.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Too early for the "There must always be a warchief" jokes to start?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I came back and rewatched the cinematic and have noticed another plot hole. Grom acting as if this is the first time he is hearing that Garrosh is dead. Not only does he have a meeting in Nagrand after Garrosh is dead a la Garrison campaign but he also sits in the Highmaul arena stands sipping Hordeade whilst watching you fight in the arena, so how on earth would he have not heard about Garrosh being schooled or even recovered Gorehowl by now? Especially when Nagrand was still Azuka's stomping ground and she had a hard on for becoming the next big warlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    We had to make a snap decision and deal with the imminent invasion, whether we could have destroyed the portal without freeing gul'dan I don't know.
    There was. We kill the Warlock. Especially when he's sapped of most of his power being used as a big battery whilst sealed with clan stone things we've never heard of in lore before.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2015-03-06 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    THat's the big difference. Grommash hates weakness and dying in battle is not a weakness for orcs, it's an honorable thing. Begging for death on the other hand isn't, especially for sake of mercy.
    Not really the point of the thread but nobody brings this up really: One of the few examples of clans being different from each other beyond superficial aesthetics (that managed to make it into this expansion) is their cultural philosophy on what constitutes weakness and failure. The Warsong may consider dying in battle to almost always be okay. The Blackrock call it failure. We can assume the Shattered Hand, (Ner'zhul's) Shadowmoon and The Shadow Council would as well.

We also know that the Frostwolves are not big on warfare, and especially detest giving in to anger and violent urges, so they're right off the list.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I'm not a big fan of the execution of the story in this expansion (neat idea, but the rushed expansion is too evident), but the the cinematic is pretty cool (if not predictable). I know Grommash wasn't aware Garrosh was his son. It's cool to finally see some acknowledgement of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So I came back and rewatched the cinematic and have noticed another plot hole. Grom acting as if this is the first time he is hearing that Garrosh is dead. Not only does he have a meeting in Nagrand after Garrosh is dead a la Garrison campaign but he also sits in the Highmaul arena stands sipping Hordeade whilst watching you fight in the arena, so how on earth would he have not heard about Garrosh being schooled or even recovered Gorehowl by now? Especially when Nagrand was still Azuka's stomping ground and she had a hard on for becoming the next big warlord.

There was. We kill the Warlock. Especially when he's sapped of most of his power being used as a big battery whilst sealed with clan stone things we've never heard of in lore before.
    I think Grom was shocked about Garrosh being his son. That's my impression.

It can be the same blood, I mean really, it's WoW, magic, stuff happens, fel blood doesn't coagulate. Deal with it.

But with Mannoroth dead, second in command to Archimonde, you bet you gonna see some KJ + Archimonde action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's even Gul'dan's blood?

7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the book from the start of the expansion counter all of this 'mirroring time lines' and 'can't escape destiny'? we see thrall from another timeline that is very different, and the same for other lore characters. then we turn around and this expansion is about how that shit can't even happen cause destiny and such. Caverns of Time instances also seem pointless if destiny cannot be escaped. If the timelines correct themselves naturally, why did we ever need to intervene?

I like what happened to Grommash, So after the initial view in the Warlords videos we saw he condemned his mate thinking she was weak. In the Short story we can see he is still in turmoil with her words ringing in his mind all the time. You then learn at the end he figured out she was NOT weak at all and that Garrosh reminds him of her. This is compelling as when told Garry is dead he loses his shit. His SON is now dead his Mate dead. Hes not in a happy place.

Gul'dan being in charge is fun shit. Hopefully we get a load of new content to make this better. When I come back to the game I am hopeful there is a lot more stuff to do as I am enjoying where the story is going so far.