Holy Priest Performance Improvements

Hello fellow priests,

I'm currently healing as holy priest in a small guild on EU-Khaz-Modan.

I'm a bit disappointed with my performance and my rankings.

Yesterday's night logs are on warcraftlogs. Search for Biotop (guild) or Dunnisia (player). (Sorry for the inconvenience, but it seems mmo-champion does not like new members)

It was the first night with the 4p bonus and I'm disappointed with the bonus, I would have expected greater returns. The 2pc is very good, no doubt here, but the 4pc does not seem to be as good as I had expected, I do not pull higher numbers than before On some fights I had very few procs of Serendipity and they were often not at the good time in the fight.

Moreover, I also feel that I do not scale very well with my stuff, it seems I put the same numbers again and again, but I'm perhaps not being objective.

I ran gruull/oregorger with Clarity of Purpose, while I ran the other with Words of Mending. On Gruul at least, I expected this to be optimal with the strong coupling with the 4p, but it was not as good as I thought.

I'm not that low in HPS, but I would have thought to go up in rankings, but I'm still in the 60-80% of my bracket. I do think I have the capabilities to enhance, I have played holy for years now.

Do you have any advices on how I could improve on my HPS and rankings ? I don't target 99 percentile, but still I think that I could do better. Moreover, I don't like being 10K HPS behind the rdrood.

Is the playstyle with the 4p really superior to the previous renew/coh playstyle ? Is COP superior to POH/WOM ?

I'm open to any suggestion to improve.

Thanks

Deleted
    you cast PoM always when off CD?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not so sure myself. CoP buff was a nice thing, but it really doesn't feel like it's doing anything amazing. I suppose the "problem" is with PoM buff - allowing for multiple mendings and having them stack means than WoM is even better than it was before. That talent was already good enough, 6.1 was supposed to give CoP this slight push it needed to be comparable... and it doesn't feel like it.

I suppose this health scaling mechanic just doesn't work well enough for me. It's not I'll always cast it <50% hp for optimal effect - and without that, it's not really better than PoH. Well, except for being cheaper... but that's already solved with 4pc bonus.

Now, sure, using 4pc for Heal and getting DI procs is nice, but it's still just a proc. When you get a lucky streak, it can pull some amazing numbers. When it doesn't... well, it's rather dissapointing. For all the talk how amazing this set bonus supposedly is (and people pulling some insane %hps increases from their behind), I'm not really impressed so far.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2015-03-06 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    you cast PoM always when off CD?
    I try, but I'm sure I can improve myself on that. I'll try to compute how much I have. During some fights, I realized that I sometimes launch it on the wrong people, I'll have to work on that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I'm not so sure myself. CoP buff was a nice thing, but it really doesn't feel like it's doing anything amazing. I suppose the "problem" is with PoM buff - allowing for multiple mendings and having them stack means than WoM is even better than it was before. That talent was already good enough, 6.1 was supposed to give CoP this slight push it needed to be comparable... and it doesn't feel like it.

I suppose this health scaling mechanic just doesn't work well enough for me. It's not I'll always cast it <50% hp for optimal effect - and without that, it's not really better than PoH. Well, except for being cheaper... but that's already solved with 4pc bonus.

Now, sure, using 4pc for Heal and getting DI procs is nice, but it's still just a proc. When you get a lucky streak, it can pull some amazing numbers. When it doesn't... well, it's rather dissapointing. For all the talk how amazing this set bonus supposedly is (and people pulling some insane %hps increases from their behind), I'm not really impressed so far.
    Yes, I feel like there have been too much noise for the 4pc and especially for the 4pc with COP. WoM is very powerful and becomes even more powerful with the 2pc.

I wish there was a way to replay the same fight several times in the same conditions to test things out.